TOURAN 2.0TDI - BKD

jbmcoetzee82@
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

TOURAN 2.0TDI - BKD

Post by jbmcoetzee82@ »

Hi All

Need help. My VW has a new cylinder head with new rockers and new injectors. Still waiting on new wire loom for injectors. After I fit everything(with old loom), when cranking, without intake pipe on turbo, there is a stream of oil coming out turbo inlet side. I removed turbo and not really any play on impeller shaft, everything looks good. Oil feed to block is open.

With turbo outside vehicle, I tried to force oil through oil inlet on turbo and oil don't come through inlet when I do that, but.. I need to force the oil through with compressed air before it comes out on oil outlet side. Is there suppose to be so much oil pressure inside turbo core before the oil returns to the sump? Other than that I can't fault the turbo. Its there is too much oil pressure inside the turbo and now it pushes past the seal on intake side. I noticed on dipstick the oil is about 3mm over full line, can this be the cause?

Any advise would be appreciated.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: TOURAN 2.0TDI - BKD

Post by panic-mechanic »

Have you checked the return line for a blockage. The pressure to the turbo is the same as what is supplied to the rest of the block.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Eddels
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Make: Seat

Re: TOURAN 2.0TDI - BKD

Post by Eddels »