2007 Polo TDI Sportline Headlight Bulbs keep blowing

cespach
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

2007 Polo TDI Sportline Headlight Bulbs keep blowing

Post by cespach »

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this has come up before and probably been answered as well. I've had my TDI for 11 years now and has been going like a Boeing, but every 6-7 odd months, one of the headlight bulbs blow. I've replaced them myself and I've had mechs charge me to replace them, and I've not seen a significant difference in how long they last.

I've looked at LED options, but I've not been able to find anyone (in Cape Town) that can help with the LED installation. I've phoned Extreme Lights and they dont sell the H7 LED bulbs anymore. R&D Offroad in Brackenfell can't help either.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a plcae that can help with LED bulb installations?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: 2007 Polo TDI Sportline Headlight Bulbs keep blowing

Post by panic-mechanic »

More info of what are you replacing them with, make , output and if you drive with them on all the time will help.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
morribiscuit
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo TDi SL

Re: 2007 Polo TDI Sportline Headlight Bulbs keep blowing

Post by morribiscuit »

LED kits are very simple. You will be able to install it yourself.

They are being stocked everywhere these days!

Easiest will be with bumper off. But if you have tiny hands that will also work.

But the fact they are intermittently blowing should still remain a concern.
Current: 1.9TDi SL | GTB17 :crazy:, 7+7 billet | PD-Tuning Stage 3 - 180wkw, 512nm | FMIC, 57mm Straight Pipe | 'Akrapovic' tailpipes | JVC-KWV | FK coilovers | OZ Ultraleggera Reps | Vari Slotted Discs & EBC Green | K&N Cone Filter | HMS Custom Intake | When they ask what it cost, just say 'A bit'