Jetta 5 1.9Tdi gearbox issue

Mudman
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Jetta 5 1.9Tdi gearbox issue

Post by Mudman »

Hi Guys,

I need some help with my 2006 Jetta 5 1.9TDI 5 speed gearbox. My gearbox is slipping out of 5th gear. If you keep it in 5th by hand it runs fine without any noise, if you accelerate you can hear it slipping a gear, but steady driving it is fine. What can be the problem.

Second question, I have been searching at all the secondhand spares dealers for a gearbox. I have found a number that is available that the okes say that it comes out of a 1.9 TDI but none of these gearboxes match up with my gearbox code. My code is GQQ. I have found other ones but not a GQQ. The guys also cant tell me if it came from a 1.9TDI Polo or Jetta or Golf. Is there somewhere a list with compatible Gearboxes. Can a Polo box work or must it come from a Jetta 5 or Golf 5?

Guys please help, I'm Lost.

Regards
Johan
Terblanche
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 5 months

Re: Jetta 5 1.9Tdi gearbox issue

Post by Terblanche »

Hi
I'm not sure about the compatibility of gearboxes between models but I would rather have my own gearbox reconditioned than buying a second hand gearbox. Although you might be paying less for a second hand box than to recon your own, you would have a guarantee on your recon and you know that it's right. When you buy a second hand box it might fail after a couple of months and then you ate back to square one...
Just my 2c

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Terblanche wrote:Hi
I'm not sure about the compatibility of gearboxes between models but I would rather have my own gearbox reconditioned than buying a second hand gearbox. Although you might be paying less for a second hand box than to recon your own, you would have a guarantee on your recon and you know that it's right. When you buy a second hand box it might fail after a couple of months and then you ate back to square one...
Just my 2c

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
+1

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Jumping out of gear can even be a simple thing as an incorrect linkage adjustment. Rather have your box looked at.
But if you give th codes of the boxes you can find we might be able to tell if they can work.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.