rishav-zn
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: Mk6 gti

Polo 1.9 Tdi starting issue

Post by rishav-zn »

Good afternoon gent
I have an starting issue with my polo 1.9 tdi ... it starts perfectly every morning and when engine is cold but when engine is heated up as soon as you turn the ignition on the there's a crank like it's dying and whole dash goes dead . Kick start the car and it starts normal runs for a couple months and the the same issue again .. battery test done that's perfect measured at 12.6 volts before starting and while running over 14 volts .. Auto electrician says bring the car to them as soon as it does that ya sure :twisted: anyone had a similar problem kindly assist me please
Thank you
2011 Mk6 Gti
STEALTH TUNED
MeanTdi
The Imposer Mod-whore-rator
Registered for: 18 years
Car Make: Subaru
Car Model: WRX
Membership No: 1153

Re: Polo 1.9 Tdi starting issue

Post by MeanTdi »

Try scan for errors. Start looking at common issues like cam position sensor or fuel temp sensor.
Marco

Current: Subaru WRX
Ex: VW Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
Ex: VW Golf VR6
Ex: VW Golf 1.8 GTi 16v

ALFAHOLIC wrote:What can go wrong, jarre you guys sound like you are describing an Alfa here...
My Corsa OPC wrote:Its not an oil leak, its just an Opel marking its territory :lol:
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Check the earth cables and battery poles for corrosion

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
rishav-zn
Enlisted

Post by rishav-zn »

Ashveer03 wrote:Check the earth cables and battery poles for corrosion

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the replying guys I did see some corrosion on the positive battery terminal I cleaned that up and put some grease on the terminals couple months down the line the same issue however now there's no corrosion on the terminals :twisted: :bang:
2011 Mk6 Gti
STEALTH TUNED
vee4410
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI, 9n 1.6

Post by vee4410 »

Check all the terminals on the starter as well and make sure they are tight and clean. Cps is also a culprit for hard start ups when the engine is warm so get the car scanned to see if that's a possible issue.
Current Rides:
2007 Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI
2004 Polo 9n 1.6
2015 MB w205 C180
smoke.machine
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 4 months
Car Model: Polo Tdi

Post by smoke.machine »

Hi there bud...i had the exact same problem as you ...used to embarrass and annoy me...I eventually cleaned all earths points and cables to starter motor...and fitted a new battery..as old battery was tested to only have half it's cranking capacity.yet it will start the car that stands for days...I see it seems to have solved the problem ...didn't act up ever since
Current: 9n3 1.9 TDI Pd100...cupra lip..Pgti rear apron
rishav-zn
Enlisted

Post by rishav-zn »

Thanks for the replies guys will have to try and get it sorted now at least I have some direction now will start of by cleaning all earth points and changing the battery , this battery has been in the car for 3 years now maybe a cell is damaged thAt the cannot pick up
2011 Mk6 Gti
STEALTH TUNED