Polo 6 1.6 TDI Decat issues

jmVG

Polo 6 1.6 TDI Decat issues

Post by jmVG »

Good day all

I would like to know if you should do software when you decat the Polo 6 1.6 TDI as my cat is clogged up and really giving me a hard time with injectors leaking the car has been broken now for 3 months and its just costing me money and more money !!!!

Any advise regarding the decat would be really helpfull

Thanks
8VALVE-zn
Cadet
Car Make: VW Golf 1
Car Model: 2.0 h8 valve

Re: Polo 6 1.6 TDI Decat issues

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

How many km's on the clock? First I'm hearing of a blocked CAT causing injectors to leak, really. The real issue on these car are the DPF and not the CAT. How did you find out that the CAT is an issue?
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool:
jmVG

Post by jmVG »

KM on the clock 271 000 and i am not saying the CAT is causing the injectors to leak but suppose there is a possibility of all the air going back to motor as per the mechanic helping me. The guy said my cat converter is blocked so i just really need advise on the decat and if it does need software ?
8VALVE-zn
Cadet
Car Make: VW Golf 1
Car Model: 2.0 h8 valve

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

Choose a tuner, ask him to scan the car properly before doing anything. You in all likelihood have an issue with the dpf and not the CAT.
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool: