VW Polo 6 1.6 TDI

jmvangreunen

VW Polo 6 1.6 TDI

Post by jmvangreunen »

Good day all

I would like to know if you should do software when you decat the Polo 6 1.6 TDI as my cat is clogged up and really giving me a hard time with injectors leaking the car has been broken now for 3 months and its just costing me money and more money !!!!

Any advise regarding the decat would be really helpfull

Thanks
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: VW Polo 6 1.6 TDI

Post by Ashveer03 »

That car should have a dpf - so yeah if u do a dpf delete and decat then u will need software..

Some tuners can just delete the dpf from the file at a cheaper price

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
8VALVE-zn
Cadet
Car Make: VW Golf 1
Car Model: 2.0 h8 valve

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

RK Motion charges the same price for DPF delete without remap and stage 1 with dpf delete
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool:
jmvangreunen

Post by jmvangreunen »

Thanks !

At what cheaper price can it be done ?? As one guy gave me a quote now for almost 9k which sounds hectic ??? Or is that the price ???

Do you know if any place around the East rand that does this ???

THANKS
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Watsup 8valve - yeah maybe now things changed.. lol

@OP 9k is a stupid price. A file should cost u around 3k and a downpipe around 2k.. prices may differ abit since u in jhb..
Most exhaust shops can build u a downpipe and most tuners can sort the software out.
There is a rk motion tuner somewhere around jhb aswell. Google them

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
jmvangreunen

Post by jmvangreunen »

Thanks for the reply

had the car at Noise boys in Boksburg today the car don't have a DPF but does have a CAT they charged me R1550.00 to decat.

But still have the same issue car still have no power. Don't know what to do or check any more on the car
8VALVE-zn
Cadet

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

That is utter non-sense!! I can't believe that they said this to you!

On the Polo the DPF is just at the part where the standard downpipe leaves the engine compartment and the exhaust starts.

On my Jetta, the DPF is literally out the exhaust side of the turbo.

Even tho you got screwed around, I'm sure the car sounds nice.
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool:
8VALVE-zn
Cadet

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

Yo Ash, it was a recent happening but none the less I'm super happy with the CPI file and the service Myen offered. It took me two years to decide to go with the file and now I ask myself, BUT WHY SO LONG!!

Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Anonymous wrote:Thanks for the reply

had the car at Noise boys in Boksburg today the car don't have a DPF but does have a CAT they charged me R1550.00 to decat.

But still have the same issue car still have no power. Don't know what to do or check any more on the car
Iirc all of the 2010 upwards vws have dpfs..
Whether they know the difference between a cat and dpf - i dont know.
The easiest way to identify - the dpf has a few sensors on it and the cat doesnt.

So once the dpf is removed or emptied out, get the car tuned (u have to get it tuned once dpf is removed). They will remove the "dpf" of the software and ul never have that problem again.

Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

8VALVE-zn wrote:Yo Ash, it was a recent happening but none the less I'm super happy with the CPI file and the service Myen offered. It took me two years to decide to go with the file and now I ask myself, BUT WHY SO LONG!!
Yeah makes a big difference bro, on economy and performance.

8VALVE-zn
Cadet

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

Averaged 4.3km/100km driving up to JHB- aircon on the entire way fully loaded with four adults packed for 10Days

Averaged 3.9km/100km driving down from JHB- car loaded the same.

What I did notice is that the car started up so much better in JHB- with the high idle on start up until it reaches an optimal point. The car doesn't do that here in Durban, the start up is way more rough which I hate! Also, just a quick one- After the DPF has been removed I noticed a bit of white smoke on start up, its a light coloured white smoke that only lasts about 3sec and then stops. Do you think I may have a leaky injector?

Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Not really sure hey, a leaky injector will give u some other symptoms other than just a little smoke on startup which is pretty much normal for a diesel.. if the smoke started after the software, it could be a "hardstart" to the file.. basically it gives a little more fuel to start up quicker - check with ur tuner if he did that or not

8VALVE-zn
Cadet

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

Sorry for the late reply Ash, thanks for that.

Well to be honest I'm not sure if the issue was there before the software because the DPF was still in place, not sure if I'm noticing this because of the DPF being out. I feel that the idle is a bit to low as well on start up, its around 750rpm, instant consumption at idle is 0.4l/hour, however if I hold the rev at 900rpm the instant consumption is 0.3l/hour which is what I think it should be. Also at 900rpm the car sounds so much more healthy!!

Send me a pm with your number, I will send you a video instead.

Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Ok cool