1.9 tdi polo turbo problems

Dane
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

1.9 tdi polo turbo problems

Post by Dane »

Hi

I have a 1.9 polo tdi 96kw. I have been struggling with it for almost a year now. I would like to know if anyone can advise me someone that knows these cars quite well and will be able to check the whole car and give me a quote ons fixing all the mechanical issues. My biggest prob is the turbo.

Thanks
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: 1.9 tdi polo turbo problems

Post by Howie-WP »

Where are you located?

Also, what is the issue with the turbo and other mechanicals?
Dane
Enlisted

Post by Dane »

I am situated in boksburg. And concerning the turbo the most recent prob I’ve been having is with the actuator. Also i need my cambelt done and the rest I am not sure of thats why I want an expert to look at the car and tell me what needs fixing and tuning.
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Post by Kavi4GP »

Dane wrote:I am situated in boksburg. And concerning the turbo the most recent prob I’ve been having is with the actuator. Also i need my cambelt done and the rest I am not sure of thats why I want an expert to look at the car and tell me what needs fixing and tuning.
Contact Panic on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Kavi4GP wrote:
Dane wrote:I am situated in boksburg. And concerning the turbo the most recent prob I’ve been having is with the actuator. Also i need my cambelt done and the rest I am not sure of thats why I want an expert to look at the car and tell me what needs fixing and tuning.
Contact Panic on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
+1
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Nathaniel1.9TDI
Enlisted

Polo 1.9 TDI Polo problems

Post by Nathaniel1.9TDI »

Hi Guys :hi:

I have a 2008 Polo 1.9TDI 74kw 5 speed, hatch. My car is on 180k and i just did the cambelt and full major service. I got her at 155k, and I am currently having an electrical problem.

1. I start and drive, After 5 Minutes my power steering goes off, Haven't checked the cable as yet. :bang:
2. I just replace my battery two days ago and added another ground from the battery to the gearbox.
3. When my lights are on,Everything is like Blinking, and the lights on the dash by the radio are going off and on, Everything still works, However she is running the battery dead and she doesn't want to start now and than. :bang:
4. I have tested the alternator and she is charging at 13 - 15 volts. :bang:

and that's all the problems i have for now, Loving the car, and i don't want to sell it, but i need help guys , Please help ! ... :bang:

Thank you
MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

Sounds silly, but check your power steering fluid is full. resevoir sits underneath the battery tray, and when the pumps starts running dry it causes the kind of dashboard christmas tree you describe.

make sure to use the correct fluid if you need to top up, the pump is moer expensive, even on the aftermarket.
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...
farrell15
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Make: Hyuandai
Car Model: Tiburon FL2 GTv6

Post by farrell15 »

Did you come right?
2009 Hyundai Tiburon FL2 GTv6 (Big turbo project)
2009 Golf MK5 GTI dsg (SOLD)
1979 Golf MK1 2L (SOLD)
2007 Polo 1.9 TDI (BEEEEEEG turbo) (SOLD)
1998 Jetta MK3 ABF 2.0 16v (SOLD)
1990 Jetta MK2 ABF
1968 Baja bug 2.0 Kombi project ABF (SOLD)

Precision Auto Works

2003 Audi 1.8t 20v GT28
2002 Polo 9n 1.9 tdi PD100

Nathaniel1.9TDI
Enlisted

Post by Nathaniel1.9TDI »

MarshallGTi wrote:Sounds silly, but check your power steering fluid is full. resevoir sits underneath the battery tray, and when the pumps starts running dry it causes the kind of dashboard christmas tree you describe.

make sure to use the correct fluid if you need to top up, the pump is moer expensive, even on the aftermarket.

Thanks so much, I will try this when i get home today and will post again if she doesn't come right. :drool:
farrell15
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Make: Hyuandai
Car Model: Tiburon FL2 GTv6

Post by farrell15 »

Nathaniel1.9TDI wrote:
MarshallGTi wrote:Sounds silly, but check your power steering fluid is full. resevoir sits underneath the battery tray, and when the pumps starts running dry it causes the kind of dashboard christmas tree you describe.

Thanks so much, I will try this when i get home today and will post again if she doesn't come right. :drool:
Or not
2009 Hyundai Tiburon FL2 GTv6 (Big turbo project)
2009 Golf MK5 GTI dsg (SOLD)
1979 Golf MK1 2L (SOLD)
2007 Polo 1.9 TDI (BEEEEEEG turbo) (SOLD)
1998 Jetta MK3 ABF 2.0 16v (SOLD)
1990 Jetta MK2 ABF
1968 Baja bug 2.0 Kombi project ABF (SOLD)

Precision Auto Works

2003 Audi 1.8t 20v GT28
2002 Polo 9n 1.9 tdi PD100

smitbrandon
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Post by smitbrandon »

I have a a few mates who have owned the 1.9tdi with their turbo issues, both of them just did a turbo upgrade and their problems were solved and ended up with a better tdi performance in my opinion

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk