Injector setup fault codes

JulzTDI
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Injector setup fault codes

Post by JulzTDI »

is it possible to use something like an injector cleaner, however for the diesels? can it help in anyway if there is a problem with the injectors?

i do apologise for all the questions, first diesel car i own, had a Honda civic vtec prior to this
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Alternator pulley is +- R500 at goldwagon

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

The intermittent issue u describe seems like a faulty harness.. while the cover is off, u rather check all the other bits and pieces aswell.. there is a resistance check that can be done on the loom to determine the condition of it.. send me a pm i will give u whatever info i have on pd engines.

U can purge the injectors with liqui moly diesel purge, it kind of helped me, i ran 2 cans through my injectors and it dropped the values from like 0.79 to around 0.20-0.10.. I think it depends on the overall condition of injectors. If its worn out or badly clogged up, it most likely wont work for u, reconditioning a pd injector costs R3500 a piece, the R225 purge is worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
4ePikanini
Lieutenant
Registered for: 14 years 8 months
Car Model: Touareg R5
Membership No: missing

Post by 4ePikanini »

My Touareg Build
2005 Touareg R5 Air & Bi-Xenon
JulzTDI
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by JulzTDI »

I think im going to try and purge it to see what happens, will try and test the wiring loom as well. small bits and pieces on this car is really expensive, so slowly but surely, hoping nothing gives up in the mean time.

Will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

thanks so much for all the help and advise it really helps