2007 VW Polo 1.9 TDi (74 kW) FMIC Upgrade Have Any Merit?

Carel040
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Re: 2007 VW Polo 1.9 TDi (74 kW) FMIC Upgrade Have Any Merit?

Post by Carel040 »

Yea what happened to Mr Morne Pieters

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

I also wonder too, Morne just disappeared.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
carstej
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 2 months
Car Make: 2007 Polo tdi
Car Model: 2007 Polo tdi 74kw

Post by carstej »

Hi guys,

Sorry, was sooo busy. Thank you for your contributions. I have done the 96kw upgrade and remap with RK Motion. Had a hiccup though... the mechanic who I was directed to, didn't tighten the tensioner pully on the cambelt. It came loose on the open road and one standard head and valves had to be replaced. I chose to take it to another mechanic and after 10 000km everything is still good.

On the consumption:
I do realize that it all depends on my weight of my right foot... hahaha.... but ons speed control on the open road at 128km/h I get 16km/l. The car is very strong, but I do need an LSD box, too much power for one wheel.
Where do I get a LSD box for my Polo?

Thank you
Jaco
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

carstej wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry, was sooo busy. Thank you for your contributions. I have done the 96kw upgrade and remap with RK Motion. Had a hiccup though... the mechanic who I was directed to, didn't tighten the tensioner pully on the cambelt. It came loose on the open road and one standard head and valves had to be replaced. I chose to take it to another mechanic and after 10 000km everything is still good.

On the consumption:
I do realize that it all depends on my weight of my right foot... hahaha.... but ons speed control on the open road at 128km/h I get 16km/l. The car is very strong, but I do need an LSD box, too much power for one wheel.
Where do I get a LSD box for my Polo?

Thank you
Jaco
Did u fit 96kw Injectors or still have the 74kw injectors in there?

LSD is one of the last things to be done in my opinion. Rather get a better Tyre and use the balance of the cash for other modsImage

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

Agreed, quality tyres and better suspension will help more than enough before having to worry about an LSD
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...