1.2tdi Bluemotion overheating

rmaumela@yahoo.com
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

1.2tdi Bluemotion overheating

Post by rmaumela@yahoo.com »

I have a 1.2tdi Bluemotion and it just started giving me problems. Sometimes it overheats and sometimes it runs normal. Anyone have an idea on what could the problem be?
Aslam_mk4
SO FLUFFY, WE ALL GONNA DIE!
Registered for: 15 years 2 months
Membership No: 1824

Re: 1.2tdi Bluemotion overheating

Post by Aslam_mk4 »

Problem is the whole car is a piece of ****

Best bet would be to sell it like I did
Bagged mk4 2dr

"Ride or die"
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Aslam_MK4 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:09 pm Problem is the whole car is a piece of ****

Best bet would be to sell it like I did
:iagree: with what he said.
Get rid of it ASAP
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Fray
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '06 A4 DTM, '07 A4 2.0T
Membership No: 1622

Post by Fray »

I had one that managed to split the EGR cooler internally and mix exhaust gas into the EGR system which then made it look like the car it had a head gasket failure. The car actually managed to hydro lock a couple of times.

After pulling the head off, head gasket was 100%, only after we dug further did we find the actual issue. Best to get it scanned and be meticulous in your diagnosing otherwise you're in for a lot of money.
RazorTDI
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 1 month
Car Make: VW POLO
Car Model: 1.2 tdi bluemotion 2013

Post by RazorTDI »

What i think is happening is your tdi is going into a DPF Regeneration period where it will pump more diesel into the injectors so it will heat up the exhaust to burn off extra soot in the DPF, hence why it runs hot and then runs normal. just remove the DPF and delete EGR and your car will run smooth and use the right oil, dont know why you guys are bitchin bout a 1.2 tdi but i have one and it has 220000km on it and i have done stage 1,removed dpf, removed CAT and i have no issues. bought the car in 2013 still get 1200km per tank on highway driving and 900km in city driving and the tank is only 45 litres.........