Chairman Change

Membership queries? More info? Problems? Post here and the Committee will get back to you
This is NOT for technical or brand-related questions.
J0NN0
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Car Make: No Name
Car Model: Tekkies
Membership No: 1725

Chairman Change

Post by J0NN0 »

Good day VW Club,

It is with sadness that I announce my resignation from the Committee.

I have taken on too much personally and decided my focus was needed elsewhere and unfortunately the club fell second to that.

I believe even with Car clubs dissolving all around the world, that there is still something very special with the VW Club of SA and that is why it is still standing today.

I have faith in the committee that they will keep the VW Club of SA banner flying high! But it cannot be done without the support of the members, so attend events, keep your membership active, raise concerns, react to social media posts and if you can, join the committee and have a say in how the club is run.
These are tough times and although we usually only vote in committee members at the AGM, to keep the club going strong, exceptions can be made if you feel you would like a seat at the table.
My resignation to the committee has come a bit hasty so at the moment I haven’t given the comm time to decide on a suitable replacement for Chairman but I am sure our Vice Chair, Chris Pantelias will take my seat until a decision is made.

If you have any concerns, suggestions, or complaints, these are the people who are still here for you, VW Club related, (personal mental health issues are advised to be consulted by your local shrink as the committee is not trained for that):

Chris – SoDub - Vice Chairman
Sebastian – Sebz
Grant – G-spot
Marcel – Scratch
Ray – smashedmink
Jason – Heisenburg
Rion – Jetta16v

Thank you to the committee for giving up their free time to keep the passion of VW alive and I wish you all the best in keeping the club running for another 35 years.

Yours in VW
Jonno
Ex-Chairman
:hug:
Jonno

2002 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4TDI - SAC: 87.7 kw 276.1nm
2018 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4x4
2006 Mitsubishi Colt Clubcab 2800 TDI
2003 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 16v Auto
2007 SEAT LEON FR
1983 Volkswagen Caddy - Panic: 319.7hp 360nm
2008 SEAT LEON CUPRA - Oettinger: 191kw 352nm
2008 SEAT IBIZA CUPRA - HM Auto: 146.9hp 244nm
2007 SEAT LEON FR - KAR: 163.2kw 337nm
2007 Volkswagen Polo 1.6
2001 Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i
VWCSA Membership Number: 1725
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 6 months
Membership No: 1400

Re: Chairman Change

Post by Reegz »

Cheers bud.
Have always admired folks who offer their time to run these kinds of clubs without any compensation whilst still dealing with all the crap that tends to come with it.
Thanks for having put in your time to keep the club going and growing; especially during this interesting time in human history :-)
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD