Velocity golf mk1 heating unit

JarrodBradley
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Velocity golf mk1 heating unit

Post by JarrodBradley »

My velocity golf mk1 2005 model heating unit is giving me problems. Weather the nob is on hot or cold it blows hot air in the cabin. What could be the issue/problem?
JarrodBradley
Enlisted

Re: Velocity golf mk1 heating unit

Post by JarrodBradley »

My velocity golf mk1 2005 model heating unit is giving me problems. Weather the nob is on hot or cold it blows hot air in the cabin. What could be the issue/problem?
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Look inside your engine bay, next to your brake booster there is two (2) pipes that are connected to the engine that go into your car. The one pipe has a funny looking black plastic thing (it's called a *heater valve*) in it that has a cable attached. The cable has come loose or the valve is stuck open.

Get someone to fiddle with your knob while you observe the cable and the valve. Observe if the valve is closing fully or not, or if the cable is moving at all. Move the lever on the valve to it's fully closed position and see if this resolves the issue. If this does not, purchase a new valve and install it.

Sent from my ***-L22 using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
JarrodBradley
Enlisted

Post by JarrodBradley »

Thanks for the advice. I've bought a new valve and it's still blowing hot air.
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

JarrodBradley wrote:Thanks for the advice. I've bought a new valve and it's still blowing hot air.
Adjust the cable to get the cable fully closed.

There are also 2 types of valve, early type for the square style dash and late for Velo style dash.

If you have the early style installed it reveals the control knob, as in hot is cold and cold is now hot.

Try turning the knob to full hot and see what happens.

Sent from my ***-L22 using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+