POLO VIVO 2010 PROBLEMS

tii47
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

POLO VIVO 2010 PROBLEMS

Post by tii47 »

HEY GUYS:

I am having problems with my car. First problem is that it turns on when I press the brake pedal and switch on the lights (turn on the light switch). The second problem is that it has the epc light on, this started when I replaced the petrol filter and the air filter. The third problem is that it sometimes delays to turn off after the key is removed from the ignition. The other problem is that I could hear the petrol pump noise when I turn the car on. The car has millage of closed to 300 000 km

please help and thank you very much
paparolex
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: POLO VIVO 2010 PROBLEMS

Post by paparolex »

Hi,

It turns ON when you press brake pedal, as in like you are starting the car or just goes on to the "ON" position?

On the EPC - check that the air flow sensor on the air filter is correct, ensure that the fuel filter is connected in the right direction, there's a flow arrow on the filter, check with another Vivo which direction it should flow. Third problem sounds to be related to the second, access fuel.

I hear the fuel pump running all the time, sounds like it's whining, apparently that could be "normal" for Vivos