VWCSA Membership Applications, Renewals & Queries (2021)

Membership queries? More info? Problems? Post here and the Committee will get back to you
This is NOT for technical or brand-related questions.
Mbuzi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 10 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: Q5
Membership No: 1964

VWCSA Membership Applications, Renewals & Queries (2021)

Post by Mbuzi »

Hi All,

Membership fees for 2021 are as follows:

New Memberships: R350
Renewals: R300 (please note: If your membership has expired for more than 2 months, your renewal will be R350.)

Please arrange to collect your membership pack at the next VWCSA event, If you would like your membership pack to be posted to you, please add R100 to your payment, this is for main shipping hubs only.

Shipping to outlying areas can be arranged at your expense, please contact the Membership admins for further details.

International shipping & costs thereof to be arranged with the membership admins before payment is made.

Membership Email will be responded to within 24 hours (Please allow time for a reply)
Membership packs are shipped once a week (Stock Allowing)

Membership is valid for 365 days from the date your application is processed and confirmed by the membership admins

With this, you become part of one of the greatest car clubs in SA, along with a membership pack, discounted event fee's, discounts at selected stores & your name will appear in dark blue.

Application form can be found here: Online Form Link

For any additional information you may require, please get in touch by emailing membership@vwclub.co.za

*Please post queries here*
Last edited by Mbuzi on Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
MoeHS1
Registered for: 9 years 5 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 320d
Membership No: 3323

Re: VWCSA Membership Applications, Renewals & Queries (2018)

Post by MoeHS1 »

What comes in the membership pack?
Mohamed Ebrahim

Current:
2012 BMW F30 320d

Ex:
1989 Ford Sierra 3.0 GLX
2008 Audi TT 2.0TFSI
2006 Polo 1.9TDI Sportline
1991 Toyota Hilux D/C
Mbuzi
VWCSA Member

Post by Mbuzi »

MoeHS1 wrote:What comes in the membership pack?
Hi!

1X VWCSA Tshirt
1X VWCSA Keyring
1X VWCSA branded air freshener
3 X VWCSA Stickers
stig
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.9 TDi Highline 96KW
Membership No: 2083

Post by stig »

Ian_F wrote:
Mac7R wrote:Dear VW Club Committee, Chairman and Membership Manager,

Its great to be a part of VWCSA however you are so Johannesburg/Gauteng based with all your benefits etc. What about other major areas like Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth etc. How do we benefit from VWCSA membership? Yes the T-shirts and membership pack are great and we enjoy wearing them, however when you are 1000 plus kilometres away from all of your events there is no benefit to us at all in that arena. Also no benefit on discounted parts etc from Goldwagen Delarey unless there is some sort of agreement with other Goldwagen branches? Are you going to look at a lower cost for out of town members? At what point do you intend expanding into other major cities, if you have this intention?

I realise that I am posing a lot of questions but I feel that you are losing members that are out of the Gauteng area and also not attracting members from the other big cities as well as smaller towns. People I have spoken to in Port Elizabeth are of the opinion why join VWCSA as we get nothing from it and if you look at our VAG Enthusiasts group on Facebook you will see we have well over 1000 members including some senior VW employees. I would say that at least 30-50% of those members would join VWCSA if costs were lower and/or a few events were run in this area.

The ball is in your court gentlemen, do you want to grow or not, the opportunity exists, take it or not?

Thanks
Mac7R
Morning Karen

These are all great questions, and all have merit.

Your questions though have huge scope, and I probably wont be able to answer them all right now.

Lets start with the biggest one, regarding membership in various regions.
The majority of our membership is in Gauteng, followed by KZN, and then CT...
With PE and Eastern Cape been the smallest portion of our overall membership.

This doesn't mean that we wouldn't want to expand to those areas, because we do. I'm sure you've followed the club for a while. You would know that we've had Committees and events in KZN and CT, but most recently these have fallen away.

Our focus right now as the club, is to re invigorate the Club in Gauteng. That's our main purpose right now. Once we've gotten to a point we are happy with, we can then look at extending to other regions. But, we cannot do this in our own (current committee) capacity, as we all have full time jobs and this is our hobby, our passion. We are battling to find other people in the regions, who share the same passion, and whom have no other personal agendas other than the club bests interests at heart.

So, that ball. Its in your court now. You want to improve PE, then someone needs to put their hands up and say, the VWCSA, its the best club in SA, and that's what my focus is....
You forgot the two or three lone FS members

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The Ride:

'09 Polo 1.9 TDi 96KW HighLine
Mods: Straight-flow FMIC ,Stainless boost piping, RKmotion tuned, 17" Audi A5 Reps, Cobra coilovers, SMF cutch kit
H&M Dyno Night: 114KW 429NM
Dubrun 2016 Autotrix Durban: 131KW 458NM Wulfchip Stage 2
Blackout 2017 Precision Race Dyno: 120kw and 450NM RK-motion Stage 2

Ian_F
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 11 years 10 months
Car Model: Voetswagen
Membership No: 1846

Post by Ian_F »

stig wrote:
Ian_F wrote:

Its great to be a part of VWCSA however you are so Johannesburg/Gauteng based with all your benefits etc. What about other major areas like Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth etc. How do we benefit from VWCSA membership? Yes the T-shirts and membership pack are great and we enjoy wearing them, however when you are 1000 plus kilometres away from all of your events there is no benefit to us at all in that arena. Also no benefit on discounted parts etc from Goldwagen Delarey unless there is some sort of agreement with other Goldwagen branches? Are you going to look at a lower cost for out of town members? At what point do you intend expanding into other major cities, if you have this intention?

I realise that I am posing a lot of questions but I feel that you are losing members that are out of the Gauteng area and also not attracting members from the other big cities as well as smaller towns. People I have spoken to in Port Elizabeth are of the opinion why join VWCSA as we get nothing from it and if you look at our VAG Enthusiasts group on Facebook you will see we have well over 1000 members including some senior VW employees. I would say that at least 30-50% of those members would join VWCSA if costs were lower and/or a few events were run in this area.

The ball is in your court gentlemen, do you want to grow or not, the opportunity exists, take it or not?

Thanks
Mac7R
Morning Karen

Your questions though have huge scope, and I probably wont be able to answer them all right now.

This doesn't mean that we wouldn't want to expand to those areas, because we do. I'm sure you've followed the club for a while. You would know that we've had Committees and events in KZN and CT, but most recently these have fallen away.

Our focus right now as the club, is to re invigorate the Club in Gauteng. That's our main purpose right now. Once we've gotten to a point we are happy with, we can then look at extending to other regions. But, we cannot do this in our own (current committee) capacity, as we all have full time jobs and this is our hobby, our passion. We are battling to find other people in the regions, who share the same passion, and whom have no other personal agendas other than the club bests interests at heart.

So, that ball. Its in your court now. You want to improve PE, then someone needs to put their hands up and say, the VWCSA, its the best club in SA, and that's what my focus is....

Free state has more members than PE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stig
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Model: Polo 1.9 TDi Highline 96KW
Membership No: 2083

Post by stig »

Ian_F wrote:
stig wrote:
Ian_F wrote:

Thanks
Mac7R
Morning Karen

My bad.

Politics is the biggest killer of interest. If Mac7R can keep it at bay it should flourish

The Ride:

'09 Polo 1.9 TDi 96KW HighLine
Mods: Straight-flow FMIC ,Stainless boost piping, RKmotion tuned, 17" Audi A5 Reps, Cobra coilovers, SMF cutch kit
H&M Dyno Night: 114KW 429NM
Dubrun 2016 Autotrix Durban: 131KW 458NM Wulfchip Stage 2
Blackout 2017 Precision Race Dyno: 120kw and 450NM RK-motion Stage 2

Mac7R
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 8 years 1 month
Car Model: Golf 7 R, Clubsport S
Membership No: 3012

Post by Mac7R »

stig wrote:
Ian_F wrote:
stig wrote:
Ian_F wrote:
Morning Karen

My bad.

Politics is the biggest killer of interest. If Mac7R can keep it at bay it should flourish

LOL It is quite possible that the Free State has more paid up members than PE, but due to lack of events etc in the area it’s hard to get people involved.

MKallie
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years
Car Model: Mk1 92

Post by MKallie »

Hi VW family, I joint yesterday good to be in VW crew.
JoeSteam
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months
Car Model: Polo 1.4 2013 COMFORTLINE

Post by JoeSteam »

Good Day

I'm sorry that I'm posting this here, new to the forum, I've got a problem with my 2013 1.4 comfort line Bluetooth system. Can I ask questions here?
oomvic74
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Post by oomvic74 »

Hi VW family, I have just join and its good to be in VW crew
Wickus19791272
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 5 months
Car Model: Citisport

Post by Wickus19791272 »

Hi

Is the extra R90 for regulat sa post office delivery or via courier company.
Mbuzi
VWCSA Member

Post by Mbuzi »

Wickus19791272 wrote:Hi

Is the extra R90 for regulat sa post office delivery or via courier company.
Hi! We use a courier company.

Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 5 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

Snap! I need to renew!
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD
Mbuzi
VWCSA Member

Post by Mbuzi »

Reegz wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:51 pm Snap! I need to renew!
Please do so :cool:
Jet Li
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 6 months
Membership No: 3103

Post by Jet Li »

Received my renewal package today. Many thanks
'09 8P S3 Sportback (MT)
'10 B8 S4 V6T (DSG)
'15 6C GTi (MT)
Reegz
VWCSA Member

Post by Reegz »

Mbuzi wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:09 am
I've been lazy. Do I still qualify for renewal rates?
---- Ex ----
Ian_F
VWCSA Member

Post by Ian_F »

Reegz wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:37 pm
Mbuzi wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:09 am
I've been lazy. Do I still qualify for renewal rates?
Until 31 December 2018
Reegz
VWCSA Member

Post by Reegz »

Shot. I'll stop being a lazy gat and make payment asap.
---- Ex ----
Reegz
VWCSA Member

Post by Reegz »

Guys - a quick question on the discounts at GW Delarey. How does that work? I expect I need to show my membership number. Is there any more details that they would require?

Need to get a service kit for the Touran sorted.
---- Ex ----
Ian_F
VWCSA Member

Post by Ian_F »

Reegz wrote:Guys - a quick question on the discounts at GW Delarey. How does that work? I expect I need to show my membership number. Is there any more details that they would require?

You would need your membership number. It’s in the box on the left under your avatar
Reegz
VWCSA Member

Post by Reegz »

Ian_F wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:21 am
Reegz wrote:Guys - a quick question on the discounts at GW Delarey. How does that work? I expect I need to show my membership number. Is there any more details that they would require?

You would need your membership number. It’s in the box on the left under your avatar
Coolness. Thank you.
---- Ex ----
Wickus19791272
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 5 months
Car Model: Citisport

Post by Wickus19791272 »

Can anybody tell me when my membership pack will be sent to me?

Been a month since paid.
Reegz
VWCSA Member

Post by Reegz »

Hang in there, it should already be on its way. My pack arrived this week after I renewed at the end of last year.
---- Ex ----
Ian_F
VWCSA Member

Post by Ian_F »

Wickus19791272 wrote:Can anybody tell me when my membership pack will be sent to me?

Been a month since paid.

Courier issue for the last couple of weeks.

Sorted now so it should be on its way to you
Sebz
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 8 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 135i E82 N54 ST 6MT
Membership No: 3020

Post by Sebz »

whabba wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm hi
how do i report my account if its been hacked
PM @Firestrm_ZA
Single turbo BMW 135i N54 6MT

Ex's:
Brilliant BMW 135i E82 N55 6MT
Stupidly static THANAS Tuned '05 Audi A4 B7 2.0T FSi

Definitely down-to-earth '03 Audi A3 8L 1.8T
Ludicrously lowered K04 '03 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.8T
Sorta slammed '15 VW Polo Vivo GT 1.6
Stock standard '05 Opel Corsa D Ute 1.4
Ridiculously reliable '81 VW Passat CSL Estate 2.2 5-pot

It's not how you stand by your car; it's how you scrape your car. You better learn that.