Golf mk1 2008 carburetor not starting problems

Noensiln
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Golf mk1 2008 carburetor not starting problems

Post by Noensiln »

Hi guys I'm driving a golf mk1 2008 cab. I drove over a pothole and the car just switched off. We tested the coil on another car and it worked fine. What could be the problem? Some people say it's the 'Ignition Module (TP100), but the problem is we can't fine it on the new spec golf. The TP100 normally sit next to the wiper motor, but this one we cannot find.
Please help.
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Golf mk1 2008 carburetor not starting problems

Post by PapaJo »

Your model does not have a TP100. It has a vacuum module for the timing. Don’t know what hitting a pothole has to do with car switching off. Start by checking all wiring connections.

Clarify if this is carb or FI model.
Noensiln
Enlisted

Post by Noensiln »

It's a carburetor. Immediately when I hit a small pothole the switched off. Now we can't seem to start the car. There seems to be no spark on the car
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Start by checking all power and coil wiring connections. Check the two fuses behind the battery.
Noensiln
Enlisted

Post by Noensiln »

I checked all that. Still no luck.
vtroubleume
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 9 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: VW Golf Plus 1.4 BUD 2007

Post by vtroubleume »

Does car have spark? Check by plug. Does it have a fuel cut off valve solenoid just before where fuel pipe enters carburattor maybe near the coil maybe ? If so try bypass it so fuel travels directly to carburettor . Also try block top of carb with your hand while someone cranks it, careful your hand doesn’t suck in all the way hehe, also take distributor cap off and check for water or moist or a faulty rotor or cracked cap or a loose fuel pump on the block
Ex : Polo Vivo, Renault Clio 3 1.6, Renault Megane and Scenic 1.9dci, Renault Clio 3 1.4, Renault Clio 2 1.4, Peugeot 308, Mini Cooper R56 1.6, Polo Tdi 1.4, Jetta 5 2.0 Tsfi Sportline, Ford Focus 2.0a, Bmw 320d E46 f/l, Citi Golf Chico 1.6, Corsa 1.7d converted with Gsi 1.6 engine, BMW X5 3.0im, Bmw 328 E36,Opel Kadett Ts by Group N Opel team, Jetta Vr6, Bmw 316i E36, Astra 160ie, UNO Turbo by Rudi, Bmw 325i Turbo by Alpine, Golf Gti16v exec, Mazda 323 Egi, Bmw e30 318i f/l
RJ8V
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 8 months
Car Make: Mazda
Car Model: BT 50 3.2 SLE 4x2

Post by RJ8V »

It is your distributor pickup. Check or replace. Better to get a whole new dizzy while u at it.
EX: '02 AUDI A3 1.8 20V
EX: '81 Golf Rabbit Mk1, 2e 8V MP9. Not self-Build.
EX: '05 Ford Fiesta ST 2.0 Normal Aspirated
EX: '06 Volvo S60 D5
EX: '79 Golf MK1 2Door, 1.6i MP9. Not self-Build
EX: '05 Golf Chico 1.4 Carb - Self- Project

Noensiln
Enlisted

Post by Noensiln »

Ok I've tried and checked all that. There's no spark coming from the coil and we have tested the coil on a different car and it worked fine.
vtroubleume
Cadet

Post by vtroubleume »

Okay next option is to check if immobiliser key is working, do you have a spare?
Ex : Polo Vivo, Renault Clio 3 1.6, Renault Megane and Scenic 1.9dci, Renault Clio 3 1.4, Renault Clio 2 1.4, Peugeot 308, Mini Cooper R56 1.6, Polo Tdi 1.4, Jetta 5 2.0 Tsfi Sportline, Ford Focus 2.0a, Bmw 320d E46 f/l, Citi Golf Chico 1.6, Corsa 1.7d converted with Gsi 1.6 engine, BMW X5 3.0im, Bmw 328 E36,Opel Kadett Ts by Group N Opel team, Jetta Vr6, Bmw 316i E36, Astra 160ie, UNO Turbo by Rudi, Bmw 325i Turbo by Alpine, Golf Gti16v exec, Mazda 323 Egi, Bmw e30 318i f/l
Noensiln
Enlisted

Post by Noensiln »

I had the alarm taken out course I thought it was the alarm
vtroubleume
Cadet

Post by vtroubleume »

Oh okay sorry thought been a 2008 it had a transponder key
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Do you have a spare key? If you do, try your spare key.
Noensiln
Enlisted

Post by Noensiln »

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I found the problem on the car. There's a small box under the dash board on the passenger side which I replaced so the car starts, but cuts off immediately and the sales guy who sold it to me said it need to be coded which I went to VW just to confirm if it needs coding and said Yes I just need to bring the car to them and promised me they can code it no problem and after a week they called me and said they can't code it. Does any of you know someone that can code it for me please.
Your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Noensiln
Enlisted

Post by Noensiln »

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I found the problem on the car. There's a small black box under the dash board on the passenger side which I replaced so the car starts, but cuts off immediately and the sales guy who sold it to me said it need to be coded which I went to VW just to confirm if it needs coding and said Yes I just need to bring the car to them and promised me they can code it no problem and after a week they called me and said they can't code it. Does any of you know someone that can code it for me please.
Your assistance will be highly appreciated.[/quote]