Membership/Web Committee

Membership queries? More info? Problems? Post here and the Committee will get back to you
This is NOT for technical or brand-related questions.
Locked
User avatar
marzbars
VWCSA Member
Posts: 13878
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 1984 Jetta GLS Auto
Membership No: 1316
Location: Cape Town

Membership/Web Committee

Post by marzbars » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi Chaps

Could you please create an online form and payment processor for membership and renewal.

1. Nobody scans/fax anymore.
2. With PayFast you can have a working payment processor without a registered company in minutes with affordable rates.
3. It is time to get the membership database online, easier to maintain and share between committee members.
3.1 A membership lookup would solve all your issues at events to see if someone is a valid member for discount
3.2 You can give access to the live membership database to service and retail partners to confirm status
3.3 For renewals a search and auto complete would be so much easier than filling in the same form with the same data every year.
4. This should attract more membership as the process would be easy and streamlined with no Comm/Human intervention.

It might be a good idea to get an online shop going for merchandise as well as membership, there are local shipping and payment plugins available for most CMS type shops, just imagine how sexy shop.vwclub.co.za would look in a browser. Even MJP has one.

I am willing to offer my services if it is a skills shortage.
User avatar
RN_MK7GTI
Cadet
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 11:36 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTI Manual
Membership No: 3135
Location: Bloemfontein
Contact:

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by RN_MK7GTI » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Also think this could work...
Current: 2014 Mk7 GTI manual :driving:
(13.3 @ 180km/h Dragwars2017) street tires
Is38 upgrade
APR Is38 Tune
APR Carbonio
TMSS DP
GFB DV+

Ex: 2010 Citi xcite
User avatar
smashedmink
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: VW Fox
Membership No: 1929
Location: Roodepoort

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by smashedmink » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Great idea!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: 1991 VW Fox 1600L

Ex: 2003 Mk4 Golf GTi

132hp/98.5kw & 204nm atw @ Oettinger Edenvale

Ex: 1998 Mk3 Jetta CLi 2.0


116.6hp/87kw & 179nm atw @ Stealth (Coastal + NF 5ron)
User avatar
DangerBoy
Captain
Posts: 2805
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:43 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk4 GTi
Membership No: 2002
Location: West Rand

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by DangerBoy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:58 am

Gees Marz..... First time in a long time you said something decent.....lol.... Just kidding...

But great idea......
User avatar
Firestrm_ZA
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman
Posts: 5599
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 am
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: 2008 Leon Cupra
Membership No: 1906
Location: East Rand, JHB

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by Firestrm_ZA » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:12 am

marzbars wrote:Hi Chaps

Could you please create an online form and payment processor for membership and renewal.

1. Nobody scans/fax anymore. Email works just fine
2. With PayFast you can have a working payment processor without a registered company in minutes with affordable rates. EFT is just the same....
3. It is time to get the membership database online, easier to maintain and share between committee members. - Done
3.1 A membership lookup would solve all your issues at events to see if someone is a valid member for discount - Done
3.2 You can give access to the live membership database to service and retail partners to confirm status - Done
3.3 For renewals a search and auto complete would be so much easier than filling in the same form with the same data every year. - Done
4. This should attract more membership as the process would be easy and streamlined with no Comm/Human intervention.

It might be a good idea to get an online shop going for merchandise as well as membership, there are local shipping and payment plugins available for most CMS type shops, just imagine how sexy shop.vwclub.co.za would look in a browser. Even MJP has one. - Working on it

I am willing to offer my services if it is a skills shortage.

See red... nou tsek jou luigat. Don't you have a 3 year carb project to fix? :moon:

We're still waiting for you to actually start the Cape Town chapter you promised us 2 years ago. So forgive my chagrin at your "demands"
User avatar
THANAS
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MkV Jetta TFSI Sportline
Membership No: 2035
Location: Cape Town

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by THANAS » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:16 am

We can't afford Mars' price though.
__THANAS
__Image
__@thvnvs
__Daily:
__Jet-Li
__Project:
__BoostCreep
__ManilaMoo
__Ex Project:
__PikaPika
__20VTerror
__Rodney the BT Jetta 4
__CCBB ADY Citi
User avatar
Firestrm_ZA
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman
Posts: 5599
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 am
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: 2008 Leon Cupra
Membership No: 1906
Location: East Rand, JHB

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by Firestrm_ZA » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:21 am

THANAS wrote:We can't afford Mars' price though.
Please elaborate on this?
User avatar
DangerBoy
Captain
Posts: 2805
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:43 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk4 GTi
Membership No: 2002
Location: West Rand

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by DangerBoy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:27 am

And i will do the pen testing to make sure the website is secure.....
User avatar
marzbars
VWCSA Member
Posts: 13878
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 1984 Jetta GLS Auto
Membership No: 1316
Location: Cape Town

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by marzbars » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:48 am

Firestrm_ZA wrote:
marzbars wrote:Hi Chaps

Could you please create an online form and payment processor for membership and renewal.

1. Nobody scans/fax anymore. Email works just fine
2. With PayFast you can have a working payment processor without a registered company in minutes with affordable rates. EFT is just the same....
3. It is time to get the membership database online, easier to maintain and share between committee members. - Done
3.1 A membership lookup would solve all your issues at events to see if someone is a valid member for discount - Done
3.2 You can give access to the live membership database to service and retail partners to confirm status - Done
3.3 For renewals a search and auto complete would be so much easier than filling in the same form with the same data every year. - Done
4. This should attract more membership as the process would be easy and streamlined with no Comm/Human intervention.

It might be a good idea to get an online shop going for merchandise as well as membership, there are local shipping and payment plugins available for most CMS type shops, just imagine how sexy shop.vwclub.co.za would look in a browser. Even MJP has one. - Working on it

I am willing to offer my services if it is a skills shortage.

See red... nou tsek jou luigat. Don't you have a 3 year carb project to fix? :moon:

We're still waiting for you to actually start the Cape Town chapter you promised us 2 years ago. So forgive my chagrin at your "demands"
Expected a comment like this from you.

Please point me in the direction of 3.2 and 3.3
FYI having a spreadsheet on google docs is not the same as having a database neh...

Tried to help but you and your committee can gf.A if this is your attitude
User avatar
THANAS
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MkV Jetta TFSI Sportline
Membership No: 2035
Location: Cape Town

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by THANAS » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Why not take the initiative in implementing it then? Instead of requesting changes and a vague idea of where you would possibly help and whether it would be pro bono or not.
__THANAS
__Image
__@thvnvs
__Daily:
__Jet-Li
__Project:
__BoostCreep
__ManilaMoo
__Ex Project:
__PikaPika
__20VTerror
__Rodney the BT Jetta 4
__CCBB ADY Citi
User avatar
Firestrm_ZA
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman
Posts: 5599
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 am
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: 2008 Leon Cupra
Membership No: 1906
Location: East Rand, JHB

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by Firestrm_ZA » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:15 pm

marzbars wrote: Expected a comment like this from you.

Please point me in the direction of 3.2 and 3.3
FYI having a spreadsheet on google docs is not the same as having a database neh...

Tried to help but you and your committee can gf.A if this is your attitude
We are developing an app for our partners/advertisers for 3.2 joe public doesn't need this.
For our use it is there. The form doesn't take longer than 2 minutes to fill out.

Not nice when you get it back is it Marinus? Your help ALWAYS falls short of doing fokol. but let me not pick old wounds.
User avatar
JasonCPT
Lieutenant
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A4 1.8T
Membership No: missing
Location: Cape Town

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by JasonCPT » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Wait... VWclub actually exists in Cape Town?
Image

2004 B6 Audi A4 1.8T - Atlas Grey
FK Automotive | Forge | Jaylan Performance | Zeetech Customs | VAGAS | Ratchet Garage
User avatar
marzbars
VWCSA Member
Posts: 13878
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 1984 Jetta GLS Auto
Membership No: 1316
Location: Cape Town

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by marzbars » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:29 pm

THANAS wrote:Why not take the initiative in implementing it then? Instead of requesting changes and a vague idea of where you would possibly help and whether it would be pro bono or not.
Without the data and access to the server I can't really do anything.
Would have been a free service for the good of the club.
User avatar
Gielie
Moderator
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 pm
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Conquest Auto
Membership No: 1729
Location: Edenvale, Johannesburg

Re: Membership/Web Committee

Post by Gielie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:30 pm

@Marz

Would you like to have access to my sql DB?
Or would you like to see the sourcecode for the web/desktop and mobile apps?

These are projects that we have been working on for the last couple of months.
Membership db has been online and in sql for months.

Took me a week to sort that excel file out.
PS: why didnt you do it when you were on comm?

Before making snide remarks about what we should and should not be doing.
Check your facts and your mouth.

Also remember this is a motorist enthusiast club.
Im sure you can use a pdf editor to fill in a from.
Even adobe offers it as standard these days.

Thanks
Chris

Thread locked
Locked