NF Street Octane Booster

NF provides a range of high quality products that solve a wide range of fuel problems and are unique, very affordable and achieve amazing results!
User avatar
NF.
Fuel Additive Specialist
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:40 am
Car Make: Subaru
Car Model: STi 6 Type-RA 555 V-Limited
Membership No: missing
Location: Edenvale, Johannesburg
Contact:

NF Street Octane Booster

Post by NF. » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:03 am

NF Street Octane Booster (3 Octane)
Image
Recommended Retail Price: R45
Available from our dealers, directly from us or countrywide from our web shop.
  • Instantly increases octane rating by up to 3 RON
  • Treats 50 litres
  • Easy to use 1 bottle per tank. Ergonomic bottle design fits right into the tank to avoid spillage
  • Does not instantly damage paint if spilled
  • Eliminates detonation / knocking / pinging / pinking
  • Increases acceleration & performance
  • Reduces hesitations & engine temperatures
  • Safe for oxygen sensors & catalytic converters
  • Safe for use on all VAG FSI and TFSI motors
  • Ideal for valve seat protection
  • Non-Flammable
Image
User avatar
Sinbad
Post Whore
Posts: 20516
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 pm
Car Make: Mercedes
Car Model: R170 AMG Hairdryer
Membership No: 1152

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Sinbad » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:39 pm

FYI

Image
Image

Image
katotter wrote:Geezus, I wanna be his girfriend.
User avatar
Torker
General
Posts: 9578
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:21 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf GT
Membership No: 1464
Location: Springs

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Torker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Rip-off of note...
Current rides:

VW Golf - 83 GT 2.1 16V 2-door with throttles
VW Golf - 78 LS 2.0 8V 4-door (2.1 ABF with throttles in progress)
VW Golf - '08 Citi Storm - 1.4 for now
Hyundai - 1.4 Getz (daily)
User avatar
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Posts: 13877
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:32 am
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3, Caddy, Aprilia RSV4
Membership No: 1087
Location: Menlo Park, Pretoria
Contact:

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Jetta2 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:39 pm

I foresee loads of uit-kak phonecalls to NF resellers.
1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus
2013 Aprilia RSV4 APRC track toy
User avatar
Sinbad
Post Whore
Posts: 20516
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 pm
Car Make: Mercedes
Car Model: R170 AMG Hairdryer
Membership No: 1152

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Sinbad » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:37 am

I just ordered 5 from the webshop. With courier costs, R58 each.
If it works nicely, I'll buy it in 10s in future... drops to like R53 each or something. Worth it to avoid the hassle.
Image

Image
katotter wrote:Geezus, I wanna be his girfriend.
User avatar
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Posts: 48489
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:58 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '15 Golf R
Membership No: 806
Location: Johannesburg

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Neuk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 am

Sinbad wrote:I just ordered 5 from the webshop. With courier costs, R58 each.
If it works nicely, I'll buy it in 10s in future... drops to like R53 each or something. Worth it to avoid the hassle.
Dammit :cry: Wish I had known you were buying, would have gone in with you as I want to try some in the Vagon...
Nic

Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2015 VW Golf R
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
User avatar
Sinbad
Post Whore
Posts: 20516
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 pm
Car Make: Mercedes
Car Model: R170 AMG Hairdryer
Membership No: 1152

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Sinbad » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 am

Neuk wrote:
Sinbad wrote:I just ordered 5 from the webshop. With courier costs, R58 each.
If it works nicely, I'll buy it in 10s in future... drops to like R53 each or something. Worth it to avoid the hassle.
Dammit :cry: Wish I had known you were buying, would have gone in with you as I want to try some in the Vagon...
Buy a couple off me at my cost... if we both like it, we can buy bulk in future?
Image

Image
katotter wrote:Geezus, I wanna be his girfriend.
User avatar
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Posts: 48489
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:58 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '15 Golf R
Membership No: 806
Location: Johannesburg

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Neuk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:46 am

Sinbad wrote:
Neuk wrote:
Sinbad wrote:I just ordered 5 from the webshop. With courier costs, R58 each.
If it works nicely, I'll buy it in 10s in future... drops to like R53 each or something. Worth it to avoid the hassle.
Dammit :cry: Wish I had known you were buying, would have gone in with you as I want to try some in the Vagon...
Buy a couple off me at my cost... if we both like it, we can buy bulk in future?
Sorted :grin: Does that R58 each include you delivering to me?

Ha Ha :lol:
Nic

Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2015 VW Golf R
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
User avatar
Sinbad
Post Whore
Posts: 20516
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 pm
Car Make: Mercedes
Car Model: R170 AMG Hairdryer
Membership No: 1152

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Sinbad » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:48 am

Neuk wrote:
Sorted :grin: Does that R58 each include you delivering to me?

Ha Ha :lol:
We should transfer the goods at a secret rendezvous known by the codename "Thenewsandtongourmetgarage"
Image

Image
katotter wrote:Geezus, I wanna be his girfriend.
User avatar
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Posts: 48489
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:58 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '15 Golf R
Membership No: 806
Location: Johannesburg

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Neuk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:51 am

Sinbad wrote:
Neuk wrote:
Sorted :grin: Does that R58 each include you delivering to me?

Ha Ha :lol:
We should transfer the goods at a secret rendezvous known by the codename "Thenewsandtongourmetgarage"
Now that is a fantastic idea, please send details of proposed times to my secret e-mail address "niccattatgmaildotcom"...
Nic

Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2015 VW Golf R
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
User avatar
Sinbad
Post Whore
Posts: 20516
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 pm
Car Make: Mercedes
Car Model: R170 AMG Hairdryer
Membership No: 1152

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Sinbad » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:54 am

Neuk wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Neuk wrote:
Sorted :grin: Does that R58 each include you delivering to me?

Ha Ha :lol:
We should transfer the goods at a secret rendezvous known by the codename "Thenewsandtongourmetgarage"
Now that is a fantastic idea, please send details of proposed times to my secret e-mail address "niccattatgmaildotcom"...
Depends how quickly Mr NF. gets off his bottom and dispatches my shipment.... ;)
Image

Image
katotter wrote:Geezus, I wanna be his girfriend.
User avatar
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Posts: 48489
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:58 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '15 Golf R
Membership No: 806
Location: Johannesburg

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Neuk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Sinbad wrote:
Neuk wrote:
Sinbad wrote:We should transfer the goods at a secret rendezvous known by the codename "Thenewsandtongourmetgarage"
Now that is a fantastic idea, please send details of proposed times to my secret e-mail address "niccattatgmaildotcom"...
Depends how quickly Mr NF. gets off his bottom and dispatches my shipment.... ;)
Cool - We'll make a plan :wink:
Nic

Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2015 VW Golf R
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
User avatar
ruan9n
Post Whore
Posts: 32023
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:02 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Scirocco 2.0TSI dsg
Membership No: 1343
Location: PRETORIA

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by ruan9n » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Gonna try this down to the coast. I normally use NF sport (blue), but I can buy two of these bottles for the price of one sport, one for going down and one for coming up! Just to add that little bit of power and distance to a tank.
Candy white Scirocco 2.0TSI DSG StormtrooperXL 195kw 456nm @ stealth
Revo stage 2, Revo 76mm dp, Revo throttle pipe, APR 1&2 Carbonio intake, Neuspeed hiflow discharge pipe, H&R springs, 19" RS3 wheels, R8 coils, Iridiums, BSH dogbone insert, TTRS lca's, R interior.


Ex: Golf 6 GTI aka "pepper" 252hp 420nm
Ex: Golf 5 GTI aka "stormtrooper" 190kw 390nm
Ex: 9n Polo TDI sportline "The cupra polo" 125kw 430nm
Ex: Some other polos
Wazza
Cadet
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Wazza » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:05 pm

ruan9n wrote:Gonna try this down to the coast. I normally use NF sport (blue), but I can buy two of these bottles for the price of one sport, one for going down and one for coming up! Just to add that little bit of power and distance to a tank.
Howzit Bud

how much extra Ks do you get on a tank with OB if you drive normal LOL
G5 DSG
Wazza
Cadet
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Wazza » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:10 pm

NF. wrote:NF Street Octane Booster (3 Octane)
Image
Recommended Retail Price: R45
Available from our dealers, directly from us or countrywide from our web shop.
  • Instantly increases octane rating by up to 3 RON
  • Treats 50 litres
  • Easy to use 1 bottle per tank. Ergonomic bottle design fits right into the tank to avoid spillage
  • Does not instantly damage paint if spilled
  • Eliminates detonation / knocking / pinging / pinking
  • Increases acceleration & performance
  • Reduces hesitations & engine temperatures
  • Safe for oxygen sensors & catalytic converters
  • Safe for use on all VAG FSI and TFSI motors
  • Ideal for valve seat protection
  • Non-Flammable
can somebody please explain to me how this RON stuff works

lets say you take 50lt of 95 octane petrol and add 1 bottle of this stuff that adds 3 RON what does that make your petrol then ??

is Octane and RON the same just different words ??

shots guys
G5 DSG
User avatar
ree1
Captain
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 2018 320D
Membership No: missing
Location: Durban

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by ree1 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Octane rating or octane number is a standard measure of the performance of a motor or aviation fuel. The higher the octane number, the more compression the fuel can withstand before detonating. In broad terms, fuels with a higher octane rating are used in high-compression engines that generally have higher performance. In contrast, fuels with low octane numbers (but high cetane numbers) are ideal for diesel engines. Use of gasoline with less octane numbers may lead to the problem of engine knocking.

Research Octane Number (RON)
The most common type of octane rating worldwide is the Research Octane Number (RON). RON is determined by running the fuel in a test engine with a variable compression ratio under controlled conditions, and comparing the results with those for mixtures of iso-octane and n-heptane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rat ... _.28RON.29
[url=http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0#p1872034]

Ex dubs
12 Polo GTI DSG
11 Polo GTI DSG
06 Polo 1.9 Sportline
User avatar
Torker
General
Posts: 9578
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:21 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf GT
Membership No: 1464
Location: Springs

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Torker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Wazza wrote:
can somebody please explain to me how this RON stuff works

lets say you take 50lt of 95 octane petrol and add 1 bottle of this stuff that adds 3 RON what does that make your petrol then ??

is Octane and RON the same just different words ??

shots guys
A bottle of NF Street on 50 liters of 93 will boost it to 96, the same bottle on 50 liters of 95 will give you 97, less effective at higher octanes.
Current rides:

VW Golf - 83 GT 2.1 16V 2-door with throttles
VW Golf - 78 LS 2.0 8V 4-door (2.1 ABF with throttles in progress)
VW Golf - '08 Citi Storm - 1.4 for now
Hyundai - 1.4 Getz (daily)
User avatar
*Z3R0*
Cadet
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:07 am

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by *Z3R0* » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Torker wrote:
Wazza wrote:
can somebody please explain to me how this RON stuff works

lets say you take 50lt of 95 octane petrol and add 1 bottle of this stuff that adds 3 RON what does that make your petrol then ??

is Octane and RON the same just different words ??

shots guys
A bottle of NF Street on 50 liters of 93 will boost it to 96, the same bottle on 50 liters of 95 will give you 97, less effective at higher octanes.
You mean 98 RON....

And yes this stuff works great in my ST! Can def feel a difference! :troll:
ImageImageImage

2004 Ford Focus ST170 Newskool
1987 Ford Sierra 3.0 GLX Oldskool
1974 VW Beetle Rocking a Roofrack
User avatar
*Z3R0*
Cadet
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:07 am

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by *Z3R0* » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Torker wrote:
Wazza wrote:
can somebody please explain to me how this RON stuff works

lets say you take 50lt of 95 octane petrol and add 1 bottle of this stuff that adds 3 RON what does that make your petrol then ??

is Octane and RON the same just different words ??

shots guys
A bottle of NF Street on 50 liters of 93 will boost it to 96, the same bottle on 50 liters of 95 will give you 97, less effective at higher octanes.
You mean 98 RON....

And yes this stuff works great in my ST! Can def feel a difference! :troll:
ImageImageImage

2004 Ford Focus ST170 Newskool
1987 Ford Sierra 3.0 GLX Oldskool
1974 VW Beetle Rocking a Roofrack
Wazza
Cadet
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Wazza » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Torker wrote:
Wazza wrote:
can somebody please explain to me how this RON stuff works

lets say you take 50lt of 95 octane petrol and add 1 bottle of this stuff that adds 3 RON what does that make your petrol then ??

is Octane and RON the same just different words ??

shots guys
A bottle of NF Street on 50 liters of 93 will boost it to 96, the same bottle on 50 liters of 95 will give you 97, less effective at higher octanes.
Cool thanks
G5 DSG
User avatar
SemiColon
I sparkle in the sunlight
Posts: 10449
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Car Make: Renault
Car Model: Kadjar 1.5
Membership No: 1641
Location: Pretoria

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by SemiColon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:27 am

I would also like to be part of the group buy.. :/
八拾六
User avatar
SemiColon
I sparkle in the sunlight
Posts: 10449
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Car Make: Renault
Car Model: Kadjar 1.5
Membership No: 1641
Location: Pretoria

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by SemiColon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:47 am

Nevermind, found a dealer 3km from me :lol:
八拾六
User avatar
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Posts: 48489
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:58 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '15 Golf R
Membership No: 806
Location: Johannesburg

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by Neuk » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:36 am

Fehg...
Nic

Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2015 VW Golf R
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
User avatar
rodga
Nazi Spelling Master
Posts: 8515
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:00 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MKVI GTI
Membership No: 1323

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by rodga » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 am

SemiColon wrote:Nevermind, found a dealer 3km from me :lol:
trying to lower that fuel consumption :lol:
*** The MKVI How-To, FAQ, and Do-It-Yourself Guide ***
rodga's ride
'10 MKVI GTI - tornado red, manual, sunroof, xenons
'09 Generic XOR 125 - matte black - Daily Driver :)

Image
User avatar
SemiColon
I sparkle in the sunlight
Posts: 10449
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Car Make: Renault
Car Model: Kadjar 1.5
Membership No: 1641
Location: Pretoria

Re: NF Street Octane Booster

Post by SemiColon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:08 am

Neuk wrote:Fehg...
broken coilpack pms?

rodga wrote:
SemiColon wrote:Nevermind, found a dealer 3km from me :lol:
trying to lower that fuel consumption :lol:
No, I want moar powah!! **** consumption. :lol:
八拾六
Post Reply