Veez vdubz
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 Velociti

SUSPENSION ISSUE, UNKNOWN, NEED HELP PLEASE

Post by Veez vdubz »

good day All

trust you are all keeping well and staying safe.

i have read the CV posts but can't relate to any that i could find, i do apologize if this has been spoken about before.

i have been experiencing an issue with my car for quite some time now(over a year) and want to put the issue to rest but i have no idea whats wrong with the car and figured i rather sort it out before something happens.

i drive a 2007 velociti 1.4, when accelerating i hear a clicking noise and if i press the clutch in the noise goes away however recently even with pressing the clutch in the noise is still there, on a full turn i get the cluck noise affiliated with the outer cv but it isn't loud and doesn't sound like the outer cv is gone, i checked the outer CV this weekend and saw the boot is bust so i'm guessing the cluck noise is due to the grease being dry or no grease at all.

The noise comes and goes so i'm not sure what to check as i am usually driving in peak traffic when the noise comes up and can't stop due to the traffic, the noise will be there for about a day or 2 most and then its back to normal, the noise happens when driving straight and the faster i go the louder it gets and i can feel a vibration on the pedals if i am going at a high speed(80km and above), if i am slowing down and drop gear to get going again i get a metal noise along with the clicking for about a second and its just the click noise afterwards.

what else could be causing this? i also get a hard vibration(car literally shakes) when going over 110km but it goes away at 140km, i figured this was due to the rims on the car as it only started when i put the new rims but here again it i do get an odd day or 2 in which it doesn't vibrate.

please help, thank you in advance.

regards
Veez
nd_s
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: 18 Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1691

Re: SUSPENSION ISSUE, UNKNOWN, NEED HELP PLEASE

Post by nd_s »

Check inner cvs and cvs don’t like broken boots