Help needed

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Stefan0909
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Tiguan 2.0TDI

Help needed

Post by Stefan0909 »

So my bday was just over a week ago. My girlfriend thought she would spoil me and bought me a small but nice package.

Meguiar's wash and wax kit. Costed about R 700 bucks for the kit and with it she bought Scratch X 2.0

Now I have noticed that there is swirls on the car, will these products remove them with the fine scratches or do I need another product?

She bought me a value pack of 5 MF clothes as well.

Each colour is for wiping or cleaning another part of the car.

Any advise would be appreciated Image

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Ex Rides:
1.4i Velocity Stock
1.4i Kia Rio Stock
1.8i VTEC Honda FRV Stock
Citroen DS3 Techno Pack Stock
Peugeot 208 1.6 Allure Stock DECAT

Current Ride:
VW Tiguan 2.0TDI Stage 1 + DPF, DECAT and EGR done
Sebz
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 9 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 135i E82 N54 ST 6MT
Membership No: 3020

Re: Help needed

Post by Sebz »

If you're looking for a showroom finish and a long-lasting wax or LSP (last step product), there are much better products to polish and protect your paint with. That said, Meguiar's is easy to apply and is *not bad*.

For absolute swirl removal, however, I suggest you book your car in for a proper detail. These off-the-shelf, mass marketed products aren't terrible, but you will need a professional detail to safely correct and protect your paint.
Single turbo BMW 135i N54 6MT

Ex's:
Brilliant BMW 135i E82 N55 6MT
Stupidly static THANAS Tuned '05 Audi A4 B7 2.0T FSi

Definitely down-to-earth '03 Audi A3 8L 1.8T
Ludicrously lowered K04 '03 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.8T
Sorta slammed '15 VW Polo Vivo GT 1.6
Stock standard '05 Opel Corsa D Ute 1.4
Ridiculously reliable '81 VW Passat CSL Estate 2.2 5-pot

It's not how you stand by your car; it's how you scrape your car. You better learn that.
Stefan0909
Cadet

Post by Stefan0909 »

Sebz wrote:If you're looking for a showroom finish and a long-lasting wax or LSP (last step product), there are much better products to polish and protect your paint with. That said, Meguiar's is easy to apply and is *not bad*.

For absolute swirl removal, however, I suggest you book your car in for a proper detail. These off-the-shelf, mass marketed products aren't terrible, but you will need a professional detail to safely correct and protect your paint.
Thanx Sebz

Do you know of any detailers close to the Vaal?

Ex Rides:
1.4i Velocity Stock
1.4i Kia Rio Stock

Current Ride:
Sebz
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 9 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 135i E82 N54 ST 6MT
Membership No: 3020

Post by Sebz »

Stefan0909 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:33 pm
Sebz wrote:If you're looking for a showroom finish and a long-lasting wax or LSP (last step product), there are much better products to polish and protect your paint with. That said, Meguiar's is easy to apply and is *not bad*.

Thanx Sebz

Not off the top of my head, no. But I think you would do well to research whoever you decide to get a quote from, and if you're not happy with their past work, spend a little extra and go to someone who knows what they're doing, like GaVeN from SeventyFour-Four, or deranged_9n3 from Creative Car Detailing.
Single turbo BMW 135i N54 6MT

Ex's:
Brilliant BMW 135i E82 N55 6MT
Stupidly static THANAS Tuned '05 Audi A4 B7 2.0T FSi

Definitely down-to-earth '03 Audi A3 8L 1.8T
Ludicrously lowered K04 '03 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.8T
Sorta slammed '15 VW Polo Vivo GT 1.6
Stock standard '05 Opel Corsa D Ute 1.4
Ridiculously reliable '81 VW Passat CSL Estate 2.2 5-pot

It's not how you stand by your car; it's how you scrape your car. You better learn that.
Stefan0909
Cadet

Post by Stefan0909 »

Sebz wrote:

Thanx Sebz

Not off the top of my head, no. But I think you would do well to research whoever you decide to get a quote from, and if you're not happy with their past work, spend a little extra and go to someone who knows what they're doing, like GaVeN from SeventyFour-Four, or deranged_9n3 from Creative Car Detailing.
I know Ettiene, will ask him, thanx

Ex Rides:
1.4i Velocity Stock
1.4i Kia Rio Stock

Current Ride:
LoW n SloW
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by LoW n SloW »

Thanx Sebz

Im not at all close to the Vaal but i travel and those products can help with maintaing a detailed car, but those are a gift so make use of them....the microfibres though will help you with almost anything, your gf priorities are on point.

Maybe to show your appreciation you could also clean her car with those roducts
2001 'rolla 160 gle (ex)
2000 'rolla facelift RSi (ex. miss this) - exhaust and vernier
2005 old schooled caddy (ex)
2001 'rolla RXi airbag spec (ex) - exhaust, vernier, cai
1995 vw golf 1 ((ex)
2006 seat ibiza FR 1.9 TDI (current) - cupra FMIC, straight pipe, RK mild nandos chicken sauce 132wkw, 426nm
2012 Audi A1 1.6 TDI (stock as they come)
NHB_R
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 10 months
Membership No: missing

Post by NHB_R »

Do you have a DA polishing mashine?
That would also help in getting rid of the swirls in combination with the products you have. But can be done by hand also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk