Chips and Paint Warranty

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
num101
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Chips and Paint Warranty

Post by num101 »

Hi,

I'd like some advice on what to do about small chips on my bonnet. I have a red polo, which came with a scratch and dent policy. I used it once to respray the bonnet to repair some stone chips, this was done at a non vw approved panel beater. I now have chips on my bonnet again and I can't find a panel beater that can respray the bonnet at an affordable price (Scratch and Dent policy only covers R3000).

I'd like to know what are the consequences of having paint work done at a panel beater that is not vw approved ?

Also, what is the best preventative measure for bonnet chips ?

Thanks.
ZiF_k
Captain
Registered for: 12 years 9 months
Car Make: VW Polo
Car Model: Gti
Membership No: 2029

Re: Chips and Paint Warranty

Post by ZiF_k »

Normally the scratch and dent policies will cover R3000, anything above that will be for you to pay. You can try VPS on the bonnet once it's repaired.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Current: Big Turbo 20VT
Ex: 2003 Citi 1.4i
LoW n SloW
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Chips and Paint Warranty

Post by LoW n SloW »

Well theres a possibility that they used paint that may have been inferior quality than the factory paint
Your best bet would be to touch-up those stone chips, put vps or have the car corrected and ceramic coat the car, its not a permanent solution, but it will be protected for a long time
2001 'rolla 160 gle (ex)
2000 'rolla facelift RSi (ex. miss this) - exhaust and vernier
2005 old schooled caddy (ex)
2001 'rolla RXi airbag spec (ex) - exhaust, vernier, cai
1995 vw golf 1 ((ex)
2006 seat ibiza FR 1.9 TDI (current) - cupra FMIC, straight pipe, RK mild nandos chicken sauce 132wkw, 426nm
2012 Audi A1 1.6 TDI (stock as they come)