Lazy or Revolutionary

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
MaX
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 6 months
Membership No: 1802

Lazy or Revolutionary

Post by MaX »

http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/you-shou ... r-20170202

Undecided about how I feel about his thinking... I personally feel that the condition of paint tells you as much about the owner of the car as the actual colour of the paint. I for one doubt I will buy a car without paint if i had the option.
2014 BMW F30 335i(A) ActiveHybrid3
2015 Golf VII GTI DSG Performance Pack

ex:2011 Polo GTI DSG
2011Jetta 2.0 TSI (CAW)
Rsi huntered
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 6 months
Membership No: missing

Re: Lazy or Revolutionary

Post by Rsi huntered »

Im all for change but i don't foresee this happening soon (could be a starting point BUT the main terror of every human is 'ADAPTING TO CHAANGE'......

There are alot of .....

we could of done this
we can do this
why havent you tried this
.........etc
Golf 6 Ed. 35 - 2013 (FR&R Tuned)
Tiguan 2018 R-Line :evil:
Polo 6C Ex
2004 Golf 1 Baby 1.4i +VAT :evil: 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3)Ex:-(
Golf 1(2 door)branch,exhaust,domingo's,leather seats,electric windows, 2.0L 16v ( sold ) :cry: Ex.
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP) :bang: Ex
Jetta 2 1.8 16v full house(sold) Ex
GaVeN
Committee Member
Registered for: 14 years 10 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A4 B8 Sooter
Membership No: missing

Re: Lazy or Revolutionary

Post by GaVeN »

He has a point, but, he's also wrong.

The problem is that most "Car wash" outlets have ineffective practices, which uses a boatload of water, coupled with poor technique & ineffective products, using up a very scarce resource.

There's more cleaning power with a high pressure washer to wash dirt away, than a hose. Also uses less water.
There's more cleaning in a ONR per liter of water, than using buckets & cheap soap.
There's more cleaning power with a vapourised steamer to clean stubborn dirt than chemical & water.

The above 3 methods are based on traditional car wash technique, not necessarily us enthusiasts & detailers. Coupled with that, is the enviromental impact of the waste water, whereas the 3 above options will have less waste water being treated.

As with anything, us humans have chosen to beautify paint, which is there to protect the metal, and this is how a vehicle is judged on condition.
It's a double edged sword, no right or wrong really. But there are better ways to do things for sure.