Shine Mate Pads

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Rsi huntered
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 6 months
Membership No: missing

Shine Mate Pads

Post by Rsi huntered »

Compliments of the season guys and hope you all had a restful and lekker holiday.

can anyone comment on these pads?

comparison to Menzerna and Lake country?

the Shine mate pads looks really well priced.

Golf 6 Ed. 35 - 2013 (FR&R Tuned)
Tiguan 2018 R-Line :evil:
Polo 6C Ex
2004 Golf 1 Baby 1.4i +VAT :evil: 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3)Ex:-(
Golf 1(2 door)branch,exhaust,domingo's,leather seats,electric windows, 2.0L 16v ( sold ) :cry: Ex.
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP) :bang: Ex
Jetta 2 1.8 16v full house(sold) Ex
DieterMK5
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015

Re: Shine Mate Pads

Post by DieterMK5 »

we have all 3 pads, green orange and red, that we use on out 5.5" rupes DA. So far the green cutting pad works really well. Has quiet a bit of cutting power without too much marring and trails. the orange pad is great for single stages, it has enough cut to remove almost all swirls with a single pass and leaves a high gloss finish. the finishing pad adds great depth and using a medium cut compound removes fine - medium swirls and adds a great amount of gloss. Cleaning seems to be pretty easy and the backing or Velcro is yet to give me any sort of issues like not sticking etc.
Rsi huntered
Captain

Post by Rsi huntered »

Dietermk4 wrote:we have all 3 pads, green orange and red, that we use on out 5.5" rupes DA. So far the green cutting pad works really well. Has quiet a bit of cutting power without too much marring and trails. the orange pad is great for single stages, it has enough cut to remove almost all swirls with a single pass and leaves a high gloss finish. the finishing pad adds great depth and using a medium cut compound removes fine - medium swirls and adds a great amount of gloss. Cleaning seems to be pretty easy and the backing or Velcro is yet to give me any sort of issues like not sticking etc.
Thanks for the feedback Dietermk4.

So it seems to be a good bang for buck.

Just taught that with that price tag, there must be something wrong :grin:
Polo 6C Ex
Golf 1(2 door)branch,exhaust,domingo's,leather seats,electric windows, 2.0L 16v ( sold ) :cry: Ex.
Zubair
Major-General
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Car Model: MK1

Post by Zubair »

I tested these extensively before they were launched ie. the flats,the long throws, the diamond cuts etc. on all types of DA's- 8mm,Forced,Long Throw and Rotary etc. on a variety of paints. They superior to my Rupes and Lake Country pads as they more resilient to shedding, shredding and donot compromise tool balance. I have around 500 pads from top brands around the world and these rank right up there with the top 3 so don't let the price fool you.

PS. When I say I tested them prior to launch I mean really punished them.
Ex '02 Citi.Com 20VT K04
Ex '12 GTI 6 Candy White,Manual,Revo STG 2, 250whp 460nm KAR pump fuel only.

'80 MK1 L 2Dr 8V Throttles
'92 CTI 16VT 240whp @ Panic 0.3 bars boost.
'12 GTI 6 Candy White DSG 14.4 @ 160km/h Tarlton Stock Std.

Zubair Aka Boost Junkie

ZUB-AIR-RESEARCH
Boost Developments
GaVeN
Committee Member
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A4 B8 Sooter

Post by GaVeN »

Zubair wrote:I tested these extensively before they were launched ie. the flats,the long throws, the diamond cuts etc. on all types of DA's- 8mm,Forced,Long Throw and Rotary etc. on a variety of paints. They superior to my Rupes and Lake Country pads as they more resilient to shedding, shredding and donot compromise tool balance. I have around 500 pads from top brands around the world and these rank right up there with the top 3 so don't let the price fool you.

PS. When I say I tested them prior to launch I mean really punished them.
What he said

I've started playing with their MF pads as well, which I'd say is good (Not great), but considering the price tag, they are awesome.
Zubair
Major-General
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Car Model: MK1

Post by Zubair »

Their MF however has a too thin and flimsy foam backing. The mf nap matts down easily and needs to be brushed more often to retain cut. An mf pad with longer nap and thicker foam cushion akin to most other brands would be preferred . Their foam pads get a thumbs up, unfortunately the MF doesn't meet my standards so I can't recommend that.
Ex '02 Citi.Com 20VT K04
Ex '12 GTI 6 Candy White,Manual,Revo STG 2, 250whp 460nm KAR pump fuel only.

'80 MK1 L 2Dr 8V Throttles
'92 CTI 16VT 240whp @ Panic 0.3 bars boost.
'12 GTI 6 Candy White DSG 14.4 @ 160km/h Tarlton Stock Std.

Zubair Aka Boost Junkie

ZUB-AIR-RESEARCH
Boost Developments
Rsi huntered
Captain

Post by Rsi huntered »

Thanks guys for the feedback....

Appreciate it :hug: :thumbup:
Polo 6C Ex
GaVeN
Committee Member
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A4 B8 Sooter

Post by GaVeN »

Zubair wrote:Their MF however has a too thin and flimsy foam backing. The mf nap matts down easily and needs to be brushed more often to retain cut. An mf pad with longer nap and thicker foam cushion akin to most other brands would be preferred . Their foam pads get a thumbs up, unfortunately the MF doesn't meet my standards so I can't recommend that.
That's why I said good, not great.
As said, they just matt up, and doesn't cut.
I just use them on severely scratched areas where I want some focussed cut, afterwhich I return to foam pad.