Car shampoo

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Re: Car shampoo

Post by Kyle »

amstel18 wrote:I've used the Sonax wash before, and was very pleasantly surprised.

Must be one of the better "off the shelf" type of products.

But I'm with lawrence. Carchem Luxury shampoo is amazeballs and smells bloody delicious.
If you enjoy it, then use it :hug:
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

We all have to start somewhere bud and I can assure that before any of us detailers learnt the correct way to do things, we were all just as guilty of 1 bucket washes, chamois and silcone tyre dressings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a wealth of detailing knowledge buried in the detailing section of this forum, so plenty of opportunity to learn - and of course you are welcome to shout with any questions you may have :hug:
Pieta
Lieutenant
Registered for: 14 years 6 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 04 A4 1.8T 6spd S-Line
Membership No: 1909

Post by Pieta »

lawrence wrote:We all have to start somewhere bud and I can assure that before any of us detailers learnt the correct way to do things, we were all just as guilty of 1 bucket washes, chamois and silcone tyre dressings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a wealth of detailing knowledge buried in the detailing section of this forum, so plenty of opportunity to learn - and of course you are welcome to shout with any questions you may have :hug:
Thanks bud, really appreciate it! Its guys like you that make this forum great. :thumbup:
Pieter "Pieta" Oberholzer

-04 Audi A4 B6 1.8T
BT In process
Biltein + Eibach Sportline
Too much to mention

- 98 Polo 6N 2.0 8v
mikhail117
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years
Car Make: Volkwagen
Car Model: CW Polo 6R GTi

Post by mikhail117 »

lawrence wrote:We all have to start somewhere bud and I can assure that before any of us detailers learnt the correct way to do things, we were all just as guilty of 1 bucket washes, chamois and silcone tyre dressings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:iagree: This.... is too true :lol:
Mikhail Petersen

mjpetersen@mweb.co.za
MaX
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 5 months
Membership No: 1802

Post by MaX »

Let me see now:
1 bucket washes - Check :thumbup:
chamois - Check :thumbup:
silcone tyre dressings - Check :thumbup:

It does however seem I was a bit ahead of you guys as I liked using some advanced detailing techniques: newspaper to dry windows... :lol: :lol: :lol:
2014 BMW F30 335i(A) ActiveHybrid3
2015 Golf VII GTI DSG Performance Pack

ex:2011 Polo GTI DSG
2011Jetta 2.0 TSI (CAW)
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

MaX wrote:

Let me see now:
1 bucket washes - Check :thumbup:
chamois - Check :thumbup:
silcone tyre dressings - Check :thumbup:

It does however seem I was a bit ahead of you guys as I liked using some advanced detailing techniques: newspaper to dry windows... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bud I used to wipe my car dry with a chamois after driving in the rain :lol:
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
Kiran
Thumbie
Registered for: 13 years 2 months
Car Model: Golf 1 Citi
Membership No: 2028

Post by Kiran »

I used to use maxi sudds but its not longer available not sure why, then used glossworx, both of them really good, tried megs gold class, doesn't really do it for me. Will be trying sonax out soon
Zubair
Major-General
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Car Model: MK1
Membership No: missing

Post by Zubair »

Different shampoos react differently to different types of paints and what lsp is on the paint. From all the Meguiars shampoos I rate the Gold Class the best in their range. I also like the CarChem Luxury shampoo and CarPro Reset. I haven't tried the Sonax one so can't comment there. Theres no one magic shampoo, as mentioned too many factors around static, dust attraction, paint type, lsp etc.
Ex '02 Citi.Com 20VT K04
Ex '12 GTI 6 Candy White,Manual,Revo STG 2, 250whp 460nm KAR pump fuel only.

'80 MK1 L 2Dr 8V Throttles
'92 CTI 16VT 240whp @ Panic 0.3 bars boost.
'12 GTI 6 Candy White DSG 14.4 @ 160km/h Tarlton Stock Std.

Zubair Aka Boost Junkie

ZUB-AIR-RESEARCH
Boost Developments
LoW n SloW
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by LoW n SloW »

Im embarrassed to say im still guilty but im making a collection and getting the right stuff to maintain the car, but im almost there, so ya :(
2001 'rolla 160 gle (ex)
2000 'rolla facelift RSi (ex. miss this) - exhaust and vernier
2005 old schooled caddy (ex)
2001 'rolla RXi airbag spec (ex) - exhaust, vernier, cai
1995 vw golf 1 ((ex)
2006 seat ibiza FR 1.9 TDI (current) - cupra FMIC, straight pipe, RK mild nandos chicken sauce 132wkw, 426nm
2012 Audi A1 1.6 TDI (stock as they come)