Detailing Courses

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
PeanutsGTI
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Detailing Courses

Post by PeanutsGTI »

Good day Gents,

I am looking for some place i can go for detailing courses? Any one know of such a place or that can assist?

Looking forward hearing from you guys thank you in advance.
Mbuzi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: Q5
Membership No: 1964

Re: Detailing Courses

Post by Mbuzi »

PeanutsGTI wrote:Good day Gents,

I am looking for some place i can go for detailing courses? Any one know of such a place or that can assist?

Seeing that you in the West Rand, pop in to CD on a Saturday and have a chat to either Pravin or Neil. Also go through the Detailing guide on this very forum. Resources like Autogeek website can assist a lot, YouTube as well. Ask questions here and you will be fine. Good luck!
DieterMK5
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015

Post by DieterMK5 »

Mbuzi wrote:

Seeing that you in the West Rand, pop in to CD on a Saturday and have a chat to either Pravin or Neil. Also go through the Detailing guide on this very forum. Resources like Autogeek website can assist a lot, YouTube as well. Ask questions here and you will be fine. Good luck!
:thumbup:

If you looking for someone to physically tech you hands on you are more than welcome to stick around my shop one or two days and get some hands on practice. I provide training for any of our approved applicators or potential applicators so i don't mind you hanging around and getting a feel for it :thumbup:

You looking to do detailing as a hobby or profession?
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

Mbuzi wrote:

+1

As a starting point, read through this if you haven't already http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=166322

Then this http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=180689

Then as Mbuzi says, ask as many questions as you'd like and we'll try and answer. Of course, hands on practice on the polishing side is a must - if you were in Dbn I'd happily help.

Also, don't forget that Vish is opening up a detailing center. http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=201752
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

Also, if you looking for some Youtube videos to watch, the following will be a good starting point.

Anything by:

Mike Phillips from Autogeek (previously with Meguiars)
Todd Cooperider from Esoteric Details
Larry Kosilla from Ammo NYC
Kevin Brown from Buffdaddy.com <---- whenever he talks, you listen :grin:
AJ (Junkman 2000) - targeted more at noobs than seasoned detailers
Barry Theal from Presidential Details
Jason Rose from Rupes (previously with Meguiars)
Michael Stoops
Matt Moreman from Obsessed Garage has a few nice videos but they are all VERY long winded
Forensic Detailing also has a few good ones (also mostly long)

There are countless more, but those should give you a good start :thumbup:
TD HIGH
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Honda/Seat
Car Model: Accord 2.4L/ IC 1.9TDI

Post by TD HIGH »

lawrence wrote:
Mbuzi wrote:

+1

As a starting point, read through this if you haven't already http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=166322

Then this http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=180689

Then as Mbuzi says, ask as many questions as you'd like and we'll try and answer. Of course, hands on practice on the polishing side is a must - if you were in Dbn I'd happily help.

I agree those threads helped alot but i would love some hands on training, esspcially on getting rid of swirls marks without making them worse.

Also, don't forget that Vish is opening up a detailing center. http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=201752
Seat IC 1.9 TDI
stage 2, straight pipe, cupra lip,Depo racing 3 bar boost gauge, - His

Honda accord 2.4l old man car - Hers

Ex

Polo TDI
40mm evo drop, gti headlights, fmic, 63mm straight s/s pipe, bmc filter, toxic tuning sw, 132wkw 447 nm sold

98 Citi 60/40 drop custom sound install - RIP
PeanutsGTI
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by PeanutsGTI »

Than you Guys I have watch a lot of video on you tube but need some practical practice as I'm doing it as hobby at the moment but future plan is to do it as a profession.

DieterMK4- I will Definitely take you up on the offer will pm you.

Laurence if i was going to go on holiday I would have definitely pulled in.

I have done like my brothers car and my car some family members and friends but im happy with the results but sure i can do better. But they say practice makes perfect and Rome is not built in a day.