White Nissan NP200 - Ahmed Syed (Concours Auto Detailing)

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Ahmed.Syed
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi Rox 1.4i

White Nissan NP200 - Ahmed Syed (Concours Auto Detailing)

Post by Ahmed.Syed »

Hi guys…

Trust everyone had a good weekend even though the weather here in KZN has been topsy turvy. Eid Mubarak to the muslims forum followers as well. If there was a word to describe being exhausted x infinity then I would be that word

Well onwards to this past weekend’s restoration and detail project. I must apologise for the lack of posts due to more pressing priorities at hand but alas…. The detailing is my happy place :wink:

Well this poor little bakkie was literally covered in dirt and dust with the wheels looking like it was resprayed in an anthracite colour because of the brake dust. The interior was also a sight for sore eyes but a detailer's dream with everything from loose dirt to match sticks and some sort of sticky substance in the cup holders and cubby section. The passenger door rubber and driver’s side foot well carpet also had some attending to and was glued down after lifting out of place. (workhorse problems)

Before pics (Still using my trusty Samsung and a few pics are a bit shaky – sorry guys)

First up was the engine bay which was hose down lightly as I have this phobia of damaging the electricals so I take it a bit easy with the water flow. Slow and steady wins the race . APC in 1:5 dilution was used and left to dwell which removed a lot and tougher areas needed some agitation with various brushes. This van is used on site up in the MP province so you can imagine the dust and dirt that gathers in the hard to reach areas.

Engine dried with a blower function of my vacuum and plastics dressed with AF Dressle

Next up was the interior which was a combination of match sticks, tiny stones and pebbles, loose carpeting and rubbers and mysterious sticky substances. Carpets brushed and vacuumed a total of three times to ensure maximum removal. One last brush to lift the carpet fibers giving the cabin a more dark and plush look. AF Total and a mild APC used on the plastics, console and door cards to get through the dirt and grime.

With the interior done and looking infinitely better, I continued on to the wheels. The brake dust had me crying when I saw the wheels so as you can imagine a thorough cleaning and decon was needed. AF Imperial and AF Iron Out were weapons of choice and wheel brushes. My hands were too messed at this point to get any bleeding pics  .Tires were scrubbed with a hard bristle hand brush and fender wells were soaked with APC and agitated with the respective fender brushes. Tires dressed with Megs Endurance Tire Gel.

On to the wash and clay and then ready for the polish and protection. Citrus traffic film remover was generously applied around the van and left to dwell for a few minutes. Pressure hosed thereafter and washed using TBM and grit guards. Dried using a silicone drying blade for the longer bakkie panels and various towels. Thereafter clayed with fresh sudsy water as lube and a quick rinses thereafter to remove any leftover residue and she was ready for some paint enhancement.

Before and after shots show the yellowing and dullness vs. the revived side

The front bumper was so far damaged and faded that I was considering having it resprayed until my trusty heat gun came to the rescue. The before and after really does show the dramatic difference. Quite a turn-around IMHO from such an easy process.

Final pics before collection on Sunday…

Thanks for looking guys… Comments welcome
Ahmed – Over and Out
Ahmed Syed
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Re: White Nissan NP200 - Ahmed Syed (Concours Auto Detailing

Post by lawrence »

Excellent turn around bud - well done! :hurray:
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Unbelievable transformation :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :crazy: , now this is a proper detailing.
Car looks new and so fresh.
My hightslights rims, tyres, engine bay and Interior!!!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Job well done

How many hours did you spend on the bakkie?
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
DINODENASH
Lieutenant
Registered for: 16 years
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: BMW e46 Individual
Membership No: missing

Post by DINODENASH »

Nice work bro !!
looks new again :drool:
mikhail117
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Make: Volkwagen
Car Model: CW Polo 6R GTi

Post by mikhail117 »

Brilliant work bud, transformation complete :hurray: :hurray:
Mikhail Petersen

mjpetersen@mweb.co.za
NHB_R
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 10 months
Membership No: missing

Post by NHB_R »

You left 1 pic with the numberplate showing...the other is also kinda see through
Ahmed.Syed
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 5 months
Car Model: Citi Rox 1.4i

Post by Ahmed.Syed »

Unobeat wrote:Unbelievable transformation :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :crazy: , now this is a proper detailing.
Car looks new and so fresh.
My hightslights rims, tyres, engine bay and Interior!!!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Job well done

How many hours did you spend on the bakkie?
Thanks Uno :hug: Total time spent was 14 hours. No corrective work was carried out on the paint. Just an enhancement
lawrence wrote:Excellent turn around bud - well done! :hurray:
Master Splinter - ** Takes a bow **
DINODENASH wrote:Nice work bro !!
looks new again :drool:
Thanks Dino. :hug:
mikhail117 wrote:Brilliant work bud, transformation complete :hurray: :hurray:
Thank you sir :hi:
NHB_R wrote:You left 1 pic with the numberplate showing...the other is also kinda see through
lol dammat :twisted:
Ahmed Syed