Seat Ibiza FR - detailed by Autocare Services

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
CARL@ACS
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Seat Ibiza FR - detailed by Autocare Services

Post by CARL@ACS »

Greetings fellow detailers..

This detail is a special one for me as my work would be entered at an event. The car would be displayed with my branding...

I apologise in advance for the photos.

Now for the detail

***DAY 1***

My starting point

First up...

ENGINE BAY

Side view

Under bonnet

I saw the amount of dirt on top so i decided to remove it(cover) and found this...

dirt, grease, oil, leaves...all were present.

After a few minutes of planning i took note of all the important electrical parts and sensitive areas. I did a test spot on the heaviest stain (above cowling) with apc mixed 10:1 it didn't go the way i wanted so plan b...

*Using foil and packets i covered all the electrical parts. Taped it up to be certain.
*Used a blower to blow any loose dirt
*Sprayed water loosen more dirt
*Sprayed Apc & allowed to dwell then agitated with various brushes.

Too keep the engine as dry as i could i used the blower to remove as much water as i could immediately after spraying. plastics and pipes were dressed and wiped of to leave a factory Fresh look.

End results

From this...

To this..

Now the wheels & arches

Arches / Tyres

Hp rinse
Sprayed Apc allowed to dwell then agitated with Brushes.
Hp rinse

Wheels
Removed centre caps (caps were allowed to soak in another bucket with a cap full of glossworx shampoo to clean up abit)
Hp rinse
Sprayed GlossWorx Wheel & tyre Cleaner.
Allowed to soak
Agitated with brushes
Hp rinse clean
Sprayed Carchems Revolt onto wheel and allowed to dwell.
Agitated with valetpro detail brush
Hp rinse

The Body

I started with the door jams
Rinse
Sprayed Apc & allowed to dwell.
Agitated with valetpro detail brush.
Rinse clean

Hp rinse the body

First foaming using GlossWorx Shampoo

Allowed to break up some stubborn dirt

While the shampoo was allowed to dwell i brushed the grills, seams , around the windows & badges...

Decontamination process part 1

Iron...Sprayed Carchems Revolt over the entire car generously and didnt expect this much contamination

Hp rinse
Car was washed using 2bm.
Hp rinsed
Dryed using Crazy Detailer wafel weave drying towel with GlossWorx speed detailer as lubrication.

Decontamination process part 2

Clay - Shield
Lubrication - GlossWorx Speed Detailer

The baggie test

Extremely contaminated I would compare the surface to 600 grit sand paper.

I inspected the clay after the first few passes on the hood.

DAY 2 - Polishing
Machine - Shield da
Compound - Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Pad - Crazy detailer orange compounding

Before

After

Taped up edges, handles, plastics etc

Close up shots of the paint

It was very difficult for me to capture proper before and after shots of the paint.

End of day 2

All polishing completed and the car was protected by a layer of Smartwax sealant...

Decals installed

Pics removed by admin (check the website's advertising section)

DAY 3 (The details)

Badges

Before

Close up

After

Product - Meguiars cleaner wax
Tool - Ear bud

It made such a difference to the car in my opinion having all the badges cleaned...

Exhaust tips

Cleaning

Product - Carchems Apc (10:1)
Tool - tooth brush (its not only the dentists choice )
Sprayed Apc and allowed to dwell
Agitated with brush
Wiped with Microfibre cloth

Polishing

Product - Meguiars Metal polish
Tool - Polishing cone attached to cordless drill (energy levels were depleted and customer was on his way to fetch the vehicle @ 08:30)

Plastic trim
Cleaned using sheild rubber cleaner
Dressed using GlossWorx Silky shine dressing
Around trims were cleaned with Megs and a ear bud.

Before customer could fetch the vehicle i waxed using GlossWorx Carnauba wax & before customer could leave i misted GlossWorx speed detailer just to give it that extra shine.

After photos...

At the event

Thank you guys for taking the time to read my post. Any questions or comments are welcome. Take Care guys
TD HIGH
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Honda/Seat
Car Model: Accord 2.4L/ IC 1.9TDI

Re: Seat Ibiza FR - detailed by Autocare Services

Post by TD HIGH »

Nice turn around bud :hurray: hopefully it never gets back to the state it was in :hi:
Seat IC 1.9 TDI
stage 2, straight pipe, cupra lip,Depo racing 3 bar boost gauge, - His

Honda accord 2.4l old man car - Hers

Ex

Polo TDI
40mm evo drop, gti headlights, fmic, 63mm straight s/s pipe, bmc filter, toxic tuning sw, 132wkw 447 nm sold

98 Citi 60/40 drop custom sound install - RIP
CARL@ACS
Enlisted

Post by CARL@ACS »

Thank you brother. honestly i hope so too but he is a busy guy so im hoping so i get his vehicle on a maintenance detail to keep it looking fresh.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

What a transformation, outstanding work. :thumbup: :hurray: :hurray: :drool:
Owner must have fallen inlove again with the car.

I am sure you have educated the owner about taking better care of the car.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
CARL@ACS
Enlisted

Post by CARL@ACS »

Thank you brother

Yes i did, ive explained the damages the local car wash does and the basics on how to care for his vehicle.
REVV - ZN
Lieutenant
Registered for: 14 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2016 Golf 7R
Membership No: missing

Post by REVV - ZN »

What a difference...Awesome job bud :cool:
ImageImage

Current:
2008 Z4 Roadster
2016 Golf 7R DSG
1998 Golf 3 VR6

Ex:
1996 Golf 3 VR6
2012 Golf 6 TSI DSG
2013 Chevrolet UTE 1.4 Rolling on 17's
2012 Chevrolet UTE 1.4
2008 Golf 5 GTI DSG
1996 Golf 3 GSX - VR6 Kit
1992 Ford Meteor 1.6
CARL@ACS
Enlisted

Post by CARL@ACS »

Thank you brothers
Zak108
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 3 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: MK2 GTI. MK5 GTI

Post by Zak108 »

What a turnaround. Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CARL@ACS
Enlisted

Post by CARL@ACS »

Thank you brother
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

Nice work Carl. I am sure the owner appreciates the effort you put into get his car looking so much better :hurray:
Uvy
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month
Car Make: VW and Seat
Car Model: MK2 GTi 16V Golf
Membership No: 1740

Post by Uvy »

Well done buddy.
Question though regarding below. Why do you need lubrication when drying.

"Dryed using Crazy Detailer wafel weave drying towel with GlossWorx speed detailer as lubrication."
Heaven on Earth - VAG for life
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

Fanatix Boy wrote:Well done buddy.

"Dryed using Crazy Detailer wafel weave drying towel with GlossWorx speed detailer as lubrication."
This is something I ALWAYS do....and so should anyone drying their car too... I'm sure I've discussed it before but nonetheless, the idea is really quite simple...

After washing your car you rinse off the shampoo and this will leave some of the paint wet and some dry. If you were to then take a dry drying towel (be it waffle weave or straight microfiber) and use that to dry the car, you would, in some places anyway, have a dry towel in contact with dry paint. This, combined with any possible light dust in the air (which will present unless you wash your car in a hermetically sealed environment) increases the chance of the towel causing scratches during drying.

By spraying the car in some quick detailer / drying aid (pretty much the same thing), you add in some lubrication which allows the towel to glide over the paint while it sucks up water and qd off the paint surface - its sort of like why you need lube when claying, albeit that the chance of marring is much less with a drying towel compared to clay.

Of course, most QD's or drying aids are by their nature hydrophobic, and so they will tend to 'push' some of the remaining water off the car on their own too, making drying that little bit easier, and should also help with any potential spotting or streaking.

Over time, this small change in drying methods will greatly reduce the build up of swirls, resulting in more shine for longer and less paint removal required.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

lawrence wrote:

This is something I ALWAYS do....and so should anyone drying their car too... I'm sure I've discussed it before but nonetheless, the idea is really quite simple...

After washing your car you rinse off the shampoo and this will leave some of the paint wet and some dry. If you were to then take a dry drying towel (be it waffle weave or straight microfiber) and use that to dry the car, you would, in some places anyway, have a dry towel in contact with dry paint. This, combined with any possible light dust in the air (which will present unless you wash your car in a hermetically sealed environment) increases the chance of the towel causing scratches during drying.

By spraying the car in some quick detailer / drying aid (pretty much the same thing), you add in some lubrication which allows the towel to glide over the paint while it sucks up water and qd off the paint surface - its sort of like why you need lube when claying, albeit that the chance of marring is much less with a drying towel compared to clay.

Of course, most QD's or drying aids are by their nature hydrophobic, and so they will tend to 'push' some of the remaining water off the car on their own too, making drying that little bit easier, and should also help with any potential spotting or streaking.

Over time, this small change in drying methods will greatly reduce the build up of swirls, resulting in more shine for longer and less paint removal required.
Thanks for a detailed explanation bro :hug:
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Rsi huntered
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 7 months
Membership No: missing

Post by Rsi huntered »

Unobeat wrote:
lawrence wrote:

Thanks for a detailed explanation bro :hug:
if i could add..... may help may not help (but this is what i do).

when i nearly completed washing the car and about 5mins before i can start drying..... i spray my drying towel a lubricant so it get absorbed onto the cloth, taking the dry effect out and i spray on the panels i im going to wipe as well.

Nicely Done CARL :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Golf 6 Ed. 35 - 2013 (FR&R Tuned)
Tiguan 2018 R-Line :evil:
Polo 6C Ex
2004 Golf 1 Baby 1.4i +VAT :evil: 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3)Ex:-(
Golf 1(2 door)branch,exhaust,domingo's,leather seats,electric windows, 2.0L 16v ( sold ) :cry: Ex.
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP) :bang: Ex
Jetta 2 1.8 16v full house(sold) Ex
CARL@ACS
Enlisted

Post by CARL@ACS »

Thank you brothers. I really do appreciate it alot.

Thank you lawrence for the explanation, i couldn't of said it so good. Your knowledge of detailing is quite remarkable. Thank you.
Uvy
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month
Car Make: VW and Seat
Car Model: MK2 GTi 16V Golf
Membership No: 1740

Post by Uvy »

Thank you LA.. much appreciated.. I shall add this to my drying routine
Heaven on Earth - VAG for life
mikhail117
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Make: Volkwagen
Car Model: CW Polo 6R GTi

Post by mikhail117 »

Great work there bud, that engine bay transformation is awesome! :hurray: :hurray:
Mikhail Petersen

mjpetersen@mweb.co.za