Question to all with chipped Polo Tdi's

Forum for questions that are asked on a frequent basis...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
luke-man
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Question to all with chipped Polo Tdi's

Post by luke-man »

What % of increase did you get with the chip? Did you have it on a dyno before you took it in for the chip somewhere else in order to make sure what you got on the before run was actualy correct? As far as I can see the Tdi's HP ATW range standard between 120Hp - 138Hp (according to the dyno day done recently) and the torque between 300Nm and 360Nm. My friend took his standard Cupra for a duno run this weekend and got 146Hp and only 297Nm ATW ???? Is the Cupra not supposed to push out more torque that the S/L. I can remember from the dyno day done last year that there were 2 or more REVO'd Tdi doing about 140Hp, can't remember the torque. To me it seems like the chip is not increasing the power as much as we think but rather the standard S/L is much stronger than they are speced. I still need to contact SAC, cause according to their before and after dyno after the Unichip I got a increase of 20% on torque and power, but infact I only got a extra 6%. Any comments guys, please this is realy bothering me.
Me - 1.9Tdi Dastek Unichip 122Kw, 376Nm ATF