Hi dubbers

Forum for questions that are asked on a frequent basis...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
Stewie-Griffin
Major
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Hi dubbers

Post by Stewie-Griffin »

I'm new to this forum and live in London, I intend on moving to South Africa next year to JNB, I'm hoping to buy a car there but I want to know roughly the prices of it, Do you still get reasonably good mk2 gti's (preferably 16v) for good prices, or would a mk3 gti be better? I'd also be keen on a Polo Playa 1.8 the mk3 6k version... can anybody sum up a few prices for me?
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: RS3
Membership No: 675

Post by Rabbit222 »

Hi Stewie, welcome to the BB.

Your best bet would be to check this link

www.autotrader.co.za
Stewie-Griffin
Major

Post by Stewie-Griffin »

thats quite some hectic prices for those cars though,
VWF Pervert
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 3 months
Car Make: Audi A4
Car Model: B7 2.0T

Post by VWF Pervert »

dude this is S.A.... Car prices arent cheap. But at least you"ll save on property!

" You will never know the feeling of a driver winning a race, The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood" Ayrton Senna
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: RS3
Membership No: 675

Post by Rabbit222 »

Stewie-Griffin wrote:thats quite some hectic prices for those cars though,
Divide those prices by 15....
Stewie-Griffin
Major

Post by Stewie-Griffin »

Yeah property is cheaper but I have my own house to go there, I just sold my mk2. So i'll be without a car for 7months or so. I just hope I dont miss my mk2 too much. Mk2's to me are the best, but the mileage on the mk2's in sa are ridiculously high,, engine life on most vw's are about 330000km's before you really need to change the motor. In that time you'll replace two rocker cover gaskets. After 240000km you'll be guzzling oil. Most mk2's there have about 200000km on it already, mine only had about 160000km on it. Still could have served me properly for 6years mayb.