lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Testing some Glossworx and Chemical Guys Products

Post by lawrence »

Those who attended the detailing day (http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 5&t=168509 and pictures http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=173530) will know that we were given some sample products, courtesy of Crazy Detailer. These included:

Glossworx Undercarraige Dressing
Glossworx Trim Dressing
Glossworx Acrylic Detailer Spray
Chemical Guys Maxi Suds
Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Yesterday morning I decided to do a little bit of testing - nothing scientific - just spending some time with the products in a slightly less 'busy'environment (the detailing day).

My initial plan was to pre-foam and then use the Glossworx Wash n Wax for the 2BM before testing out the undercarriage and trim dressings.

I had washed the car the previous Saturday so what you are seeing is week's worth of normal daily driving.

Some water spots courtesy of a leaking fire sprinkler pipe above my parking bay at work, which I have since changed.

A layer of dust/dirt covered the whole car.

Without rinsing the car or cleaning the wheels I simply blanketed it with a thick layer of Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II Foam. This product can be used both in the foam cannon as well as a shampoo via the 2BM. It has a pleasant 'marzipan' scent and produces great suds as well as foam. I let this dwell for a around 6 minutes and then rinsed it off with a HP washer.

This was the result - a CLEAN car. No need to even perform a 2BM :hurray:

The beading from the layer of Autoglym SRP which had been applied at the previous wash.

I then dried the car using a few WW drying towels and used the Acrylic Detail Spray with some plush MF Towels for the final wipe down. The sample version of this spray is unscented but the final product will obviously have some kind of fragrance to it. I found the spray very easy to use and did not have any issues with streaking.

Moving on to the wheel arches I wanted to see how effective the undercarriage spray would be if I were to simply spray and walk away.

The arch after simply pre-foaming with Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II - no contact made with any brushes/mitts etc, and drying hence there is still some dirt evident.

After spraying the Glossworx undercarriage spray

I am sure had I taken the time to perform a final wipe down I would have easily removed the mark running diagonally down the arch but wanted to show that simply spraying and walking away with this product still achieves a noticeable improvement. During the detailing day we also briefly played around with this in the engine bay and it performed equally well.

I then taped off a section of the mirror and applied the Glossworx Trim Dressing

And then used it on the plastic B-pillars with equal success.

All in all I spent less than half an hour cleaning and drying the car and playing around with some of the trim, showing that regular maintenance is easy maintenance, especially when using products that work.

:hi:
Mitch
Colonel
Registered for: 11 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.0 R-Line
Membership No: 1840

Re: Testing some Glossworx and Chemical Guys Products

Post by Mitch »

I also used some of the samples yesterday.
The undercarriage spray worked well in the arches. I also did the trim on my wife and my car with the clear trim dressing. I'm.pretty impressed with the products. Seems like the trim dressing sample will last ages.

I also did a full clean on my leather. It now looks and feels so much more luxurious. My ass almost slid off the clean seat this morning. Bmw foam cleaner and cyclo leather conditioner left overnight. Works well imo

Sent from my Xperia Z1 via Tapatalk
Current:
2019 VW Polo Vivo GT 1.0TSI (Reef Blue Metallic)

Past:
2019 Toyota Rav-4 GX-R AWD (Graphite Grey Metallic)
2019 VW Polo 1.0 R-Line (Reef Blue Metallic)
2012 VW MKVI GTI (Candy White)
2011 VW Polo 6R Comfortline (Black Magic Pearl)
2008 Opel Corsa Lite+ (Silver)
1990 VW Fox 1.3 (Red)