Menzerna Fast Gloss FG400

Car Care & Detailing Supplies MEGA Store
Djin
Crazydetailer
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Menzerna Fast Gloss FG400

Post by Djin »

Mennzerna Fast Gloss FG400 contains even more ultra fine abrasive so can now remove sanding marks up to 1200 grit whilst at the same time producing exceptional levels of gloss. We have found this to be a truly exceptional product when used by either Dual Action or Rotary polisher, quickly removing swirls and scratches even on tough paints leaving a truly exceptional level of gloss for such a correction compound. This compound can be worked for a extended time with no dusting that you would expect from a compound with this cutting power.

This is now LIVE and available!

Link to store

Email - Info@crazydetailer.co.za
Shop 8. WorldWear Center, Fairlands, JHB
Store Tel : 011 476 5409
Djin
Crazydetailer

Re: Menzerna Fast Gloss FG400

Post by Djin »

Chaps, I can't contain my excitement. This was launched around late July early August which is why the amount of information on the net is very limited. So I am very pleased that we were lucky enough to get this on our shores so quickly.
The one complaint about PF2500 was the cut wasn't as great as it should be. But the finish was its trump card, because the gloss from PF2500 was great!

So when I read that this new compound that was just released would have a higher cut than 2500 but finish the same, I was VERY sceptical. Then they gave me the details and I did not believe them one bit.

This is what they claimed:
It would remove 1200 grit sanding marks (Okay fair enough but so does PowerGloss 1000)
There would be virtually no dust (Erm, I'm not so sure guys, this is a compound afterall .. now I start doubting their claims.)
It would finish down like a polish that could even be LSP ready (hahaha ... yeah right. Pull the other one chaps!)

Okay that's when I took a bottle and had to try this out for myself. It sounded way too good to be true. The pics above is on Neil's MKII. He sanded with 1500 grit, and then polished off. The last pic is how this compound finished off! I couldn't believe my eyes! And yes there was virtually zero dust !!! From a compound !

On a light colour like silver or white, I rate you wouldn't even need to follow up with a finishing polish. On blacks and other dark colours, I would still pass over with Final Finish.

I will see if I can get the chart sheet scanned but this is definitely the next evolution in polishing!

Cut - 9/10
Gloss - 7/10

To put this into context:

Menzerna PF2500
Cut - 5/10
Gloss - 7/10

Final Finish 106FA
Cut - 2/10
Gloss - 10/10

MaX
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 5 months
Membership No: 1802

Post by MaX »

Prices?
2014 BMW F30 335i(A) ActiveHybrid3
2015 Golf VII GTI DSG Performance Pack

ex:2011 Polo GTI DSG
2011Jetta 2.0 TSI (CAW)
Djin
Crazydetailer

Post by Djin »

R170 for the 250ml

gabrialboy
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years
Car Make: MINI
Car Model: Inspired by Goodwood
Membership No: missing

Post by gabrialboy »

Gotta get me some of this....

Have the Final Finish in my arsenal but nothing with some cutting power....
1/1000 Reef Blue MINI Cooper S Limited ed Goodwood
14 Volcanic Orange F56 MINI Cooper S (hers)

Ex Rides: S3's, Gti's, type R, Cooper S, Megane Rs
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

PLEASE bring in some bigger packages.... 250ml will go nowhere in my application.... I want me at least a 1l bottle of this, maybe even a couple.

Glad we have access to this awesome product now :hurray:
Djin
Crazydetailer

Post by Djin »

Absolutely !

1 litres will be coming in for the detailers. Another thing I forgot to mention was this stuff is super concentrated. A little goes a loooong way.

This is more a polish than a compound !

I rate you get the 250ml to play with. There are VERY LIMITED numbers available, because this was a sample order. The proper shipment will only come in about 1-2 months.

Don't say you weren't warned!

brads
Lieutenant
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Car Make: BMW
Membership No: missing

Post by brads »

Sounds like a nice product between SIP and PG1000.
PG1000 dusts alot im keen to see how much this dusts?
Will get some and test it out.
ex.

MK 7 GTI
MK 6 GTI
xion
Crazydetailer
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by xion »

Brads,
If your used to the SIP/PF2500 this will be no different,
The smooth texture and extended playtime are the same the only different is the cut and finish :-)

The correction in the pics was a single pass with the orange lake country CCS pad on the makita rotary at speed setting 2 after being lightly sanded with P1500 unigrit paper.

Its such an easy product to use and corrected so quickly and with no effort I ended up walking about the car looking for scratches to sand and polish out.

Just a note on wetsanding, Always use the correct paper and a proper sanding block and no pressure at all else you end up causing more damage by uneven sanding and remember to use the least abrasive paper first.
Xion
:: http://www.crazydetailer.co.za :: online Car Care & Detailing Supplies Mega Store
:: http://www.crazydetailer.co.za/forum :: SA Detailing Forum
:: http://www.facebook.com/crazydetailer :: Follow CrazyDetailer on Facebook

Membership no : 0865
Current : 2007 Polo 2.0
Ex : Golf 3 GS 1.6
Project : 1986 Mk2 GTI 16v Turbo.
Lambchop
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Lambchop »

How do i get a sample of this ?

thanks
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

Lambchop wrote:How do i get a sample of this ?

thanks
+11ty billion

This world is useless with samples :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Djin
Crazydetailer

Post by Djin »

Hi Lambchop

I responded to you PM as well. Sorry I think I may have been misunderstood.

There are no samples of PG400 available. When I said sample order, I mean't that we placed a very small order to test out the product first. Sorry if this caused any confusion.

lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

So I got to test out the FG400 for myself this weekend....

Admittedly it took me a while to get it 'dialed in' which lead to some initial dusting issues, but once I got the right combo of speed/working area/amount of product etc, it really does do what it claims to do...

It cuts really well, finishes off with a deep gloss and does not dust if worked right.

I am more than impressed and now need to get me a couple of liters of this stuff (CD, get that stock in PLEASE)

Pics can be found here http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 7#p1673497
xion
Crazydetailer
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by xion »

Awesome news Lawrence, the correction in those pics is awesome on that Darker color!

Just one question did you use a new pad with the FG400 ?

Iv herd the Liters on SA shores and are on their way :-)
Xion
:: http://www.crazydetailer.co.za :: online Car Care & Detailing Supplies Mega Store
:: http://www.crazydetailer.co.za/forum :: SA Detailing Forum
:: http://www.facebook.com/crazydetailer :: Follow CrazyDetailer on Facebook

Membership no : 0865
Current : 2007 Polo 2.0
Ex : Golf 3 GS 1.6
Project : 1986 Mk2 GTI 16v Turbo.
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

Thanks... I actually used various pads over the vehicle (some were brand new and some were 2nd hand) but never noticed a difference in cut or finish between the various pads.

How soon will the 1l bottles be here? I have just placed an order for another 2x250ml bottles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
VW007GP
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Model: GTI

Post by VW007GP »

a White dude by the name of ****** ******* used this on my g6 detail and the oke like basically ate off the paint on the edges of my front fender and left doors.

he is a pro detailer as he claims with 100s of photos from step1 to 100 of how he cleans the car inside out with pics on this forum.

he just uses only the best cars or examples of his work and fails to post his mess ups.

he knows who he is.

now the car must be sprayed at my cost, he disses the rest and claims hes the man, well guess what, I will take you to the small claims court buddy.
MeTsU
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 6 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDi Sportline
Membership No: 1644

Post by MeTsU »

FG400 is an excellent product. It's not the products fault for the damage. That's down to incorrect use of the machine.
2005 Polo 1.9TDi Sportline - Sooty
rodga
Nazi Spelling Master
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Model: MKVI GTI
Membership No: 1323

Post by rodga »

Maybe this needs to go to the ends section? I'm interested to know who it is...

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
*** The MKVI How-To, FAQ, and Do-It-Yourself Guide ***
rodga's ride
'10 MKVI GTI - tornado red, manual, sunroof, xenons
'09 Generic XOR 125 - matte black - Daily Driver :)

6R_GTI_BB
Captain
Registered for: 12 years 1 month
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A3 1.8TFSi
Membership No: 1774

Post by 6R_GTI_BB »

VW007GP wrote:a White dude by the name of ****** ******* used this on my g6 detail and the oke like basically ate off the paint on the edges of my front fender and left doors.

he is a pro detailer as he claims with 100s of photos from step1 to 100 of how he cleans the car inside out with pics on this forum.

he just uses only the best cars or examples of his work and fails to post his mess ups.

he knows who he is.

now the car must be sprayed at my cost, he disses the rest and claims hes the man, well guess what, I will take you to the small claims court buddy.
A bit off topic there buddy...

Why don't you have a rant in the correct section?
As for the detail, I am sorry to have of your misfortune, but unfortunately it is a risk that one takes. A real pity about him boasting and slandering other guys.

I hope you come right bud.
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

Ok so upfront let me categorically state that I in no way want to add fuel to the fire or get involved in the issue between the customer and detailer - this is not the purpose of my post so please don't drag me into it in anyway....

What I do want to do though is shed some light on what happened and what should have been done to prevent it (obviously making educated assumptions as I was not involved in the actual detail) so that people can learn from this unfortunate experience.

So as Matt has mentioned this is NOT the product's fault. FG400 is an amazing product that combines very good cutting ability with really good finishing ability - in fact on lighter colored cars, it will finish down LSP ready. Darker colors will need a refining polish like SF4000. If you read through all my detailing threads of cars I have done, you will see it is used very often, especially on harder VAG clears, but there are cases where I have deemed this too aggressive a polish and have intentionally stepped it down a bit in order to preserve clear coat. This obviously happens at the expense of swirl removal and as such, I have detailed cars where I have intentionally left swirls behind for not wanting to remove too much clear.

A good example of this would be these 2 Audi RS3's. They have ceramic clear which is VERY hard and you will think something aggressive like FG400 would be required, BUT the ceramic portion of the clear is only in the top 0.2 microns of the paint, and once you polish that hard top layer off, you have compromised the integrity of the clear. So instead of all out correction I lowered the aggressiveness of the polish being used to PF2500, and was still able to eek out sufficient gloss [enough to make both customers happy] without removing too much clear.

http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=162307
http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=157915

It is one of the biggest gripes I have with [and this is a generalization] body shops, garage valets and commercial 'detailers' who are focussed on high volume work..... it is all too easy to remove a large portion of clear off the paint, and with it the damage such as swirls, but this caveman approach invariably removes too much clear, or more than may have been necessary to reach the desired outcome (a shiny car). In my opinion it is an important step for a detailer to educate themselves, and the customer on the pro's and con's of chasing perfection when polishing paint - unless it is on a garaged show car, there is no point as clear coat is EXPENSIVE to replace.

So knowing that the polish itself is not to blame, we then need to look at other possible causes.

I have mentioned multiple times on this forum that great care needs to be taken when polishing paint, and you will often here me say that anyone can polish paint, but only a few can polish it SAFELY. You must remember that paint is THIN. Really thin. Around 150 microns if you are lucky. And paint is MUCH thinner on raised edges or sharp edges, where the paint will naturally run off during the drying process as gravity takes hold of it.

It is for this reason that anyone polishing paint should be taping off these exposed areas to prevent burning through the paint.

This process, depending on the car itself can take a couple of hours and is one of those unseen parts of a detail that a customer usually has no idea is happening (and one of the reasons a proper detail costs what it does - there is a whole lot more to it than simply 'gooi'ing it with the polisher bra').

Another option may be that the car had been previously polished by someone else (really not sure if this is the case) prior to this detailer having started and they were then ones who removed the bulk of the clear in these areas, thus leaving minimal paint to work with, increasing the likelihood of the burn through.

Add into the equation that every paint system reacts differently - some are VERY soft like Scoobies and Porkers, some are VERY hard like the ceramic clears referred to above, and there is a plethora of variables in between - and it starts becoming apparent as to why a PROPER detail is expensive - you are paying for the skill of the detailer who should be able to deliver the goods without causing any more damage to your car.
VW007GP
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Model: GTI

Post by VW007GP »

tx, I did not want to Burn the dude for respectful reasons on the forum, we have agreed to a solution.

personally, I think detailers should go less aggressive polishes first, if its not a desired result only and only then use safer and aggressive products.

as there is no use in detailing a car and one polishes off the paint edges. I do understand that the edges might not boast a thick paint coat as the door centres for example.

in future I would like hand polishing or very slow machine polishing.

tx

case closed
rodga
Nazi Spelling Master
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Model: MKVI GTI
Membership No: 1323

Post by rodga »

Well thats one way to warn forum users of avoiding this issue
Thanks alot!
*** The MKVI How-To, FAQ, and Do-It-Yourself Guide ***
rodga's ride
'10 MKVI GTI - tornado red, manual, sunroof, xenons
'09 Generic XOR 125 - matte black - Daily Driver :)

lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

VW007GP wrote:tx, I did not want to Burn the dude for respectful reasons on the forum, we have agreed to a solution.

personally, I think detailers should go less aggressive polishes first, if its not a desired result only and only then use safer and aggressive products.

as there is no use in detailing a car and one polishes off the paint edges. I do understand that the edges might not boast a thick paint coat as the door centres for example.

in future I would like hand polishing or very slow machine polishing.

tx

case closed
Agreed 100% - this should always be practiced by all detailers and even when it comes to paint maintenance, least aggressive method first is required (think wheel cleaners etc)

Also, do not discount the fact that you can also easily burn through the clear by hand using the wrong type of polish and or technique, and polishing by hand will take a lot longer and not easily yield the same results as by machine. So it is not so much about SLOW machine polishing as it is about GENTLE machine polishing.