VW Polo Crankshaft sensor - Masterparts

Nakwila
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

VW Polo Crankshaft sensor - Masterparts

Post by Nakwila »

Good Morning Team,

I am herewith seeking info. Has anyone used a crankshaft sensor from Masterparts before and did it work? Why I am asking is because my mechanic is of the opinion that the one I bought for my vw polo (2008 model) from Masterparts (Euromann brand)n would apparently not work as the rear-end has no magnetism? I am a bit lost please help!
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: VW Polo Crankshaft sensor - Masterparts

Post by PapaJo »

Did you buy a direct replacement part, same part number and magnetic type? Same amount of pins? Then it should work.

If magnetic field is less than original, chances are that you got the Hall type and not magnetic type sensor.

Post picture of old and new sensor.
Nakwila
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Post by Nakwila »

Hi PapaJo,

I am trying to upload pics but failing. How do I go about doing it? Yes, I think the one I got from Masterparts is the "Hall type" Light grey in colour Euromann brand.
The broken one removed from the car is black and has a strong magnetic end, the part number for this one is 22507. They both have 3 pins.
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Create an image hosting account on postimg.org and the you upload pictures there and select (copy) the link where it say link for forums and oaste that in a post here.

Give as mych information as possible from the sensors with part numbers.