Heat problem.

For all your REVO software requirements
Jimmy kams
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Heat problem.

Post by Jimmy kams »

Hi guys. I have got a polo classic 2002 model. When when i switch on my heater its just heat very slow, even if i select to a maxmum point. Someone told me i must change the pollen filter i baught it but another mechanic said to me that a Polo classic 2002 model does not come with a pollen filter. Pls help me how i can fix this problem. Or would someone explain to me wherre is it situated thanks
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Heat problem.

Post by PapaJo »

Most likely rhat the heater valve coming fro. The motor side is either not opening fully or is partially clogged with ryst due to no antifreeze in the system or heater radiator partialy blocked.

If wind is not blowing very faint at high speed setting, check fan condition and filter.
Jimmy kams
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by Jimmy kams »

Thanks papa joe
Will check that. But everytime when i select on number four. The sound of air it shows to blow heavly, than the air that comes out. This also happens both sides aircon does the same thing. I baught the pollen filter but i dont know where to put that i have checked the whole car. Dont know the rocation of it.
VAG Fan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 8 years

Post by VAG Fan »

The pollen filter is most commonly located in the rain tray. Normally one has to remove the rain shield which is clipped onto the firewall and the windscreen. (Be careful not to break it.) Then there is normally a box on the passenger side, with a lid that can be unclipped, to access the pollen filter.

Once you've changed the filter, if you still get a lot of blower noise, but little actual air, then the ducting inside the dashboard has probably come loose.
Mark R.
- - - - - - - - - -
2004 VW Golf TDI, type 1J, AHF, 317k (2016-current) --- daily
1990 VW Fox, type 16, HM, 304k (2005-current) --- spare runaround
Previous:
1992 Audi 500 SE, type C4, AAR (2001-2020) --- nice while it lasted
1983 VW Golf GTS, type 17, FR (1992-2005) --- most fun car I've ever had
1978 Audi 100 GLS 5E, type 43, WC (1991-92) --- died in the side of a Rekord who cut me off
- - - - - - - - - -