Tai
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK6 GTi
Membership No: missing

Direct Fit K04 Turbo's For TSI

Post by Tai »

We are proud to announce the launch of a new locally developed direct bolt on k04 for TSI applications! DV Relocation is no longer needed ;)

Feedback from one of our friends (Rommies the Whistler) who had the turbo installed:

So I arrived at IvanB's location at 9:30AM
As the car needed to cool down...we started to strip some under covering plastics, drain the oil and after draining we changed the oil filter. (This was the perfect time to change oil for me as I change oils every 7500km. Twice in the 15000km service interval. One oil change by me and another oil change by VW)

Ivan then stripped some more stuff as the car cooled down. About 12pm
Removing heat shields...covers...Disconnecting DP etc.

K03 vs K04

Ivan properly tightened the studs into the turbo

We removed my revision H DV and connected it to the machined location for the DV on the K04 (it also seals with a o-ring inside)

Ivan also removed oil and water lines from the k03 assembly and reconnected it on the K04. (We also replaced the oil line gasket)

So K04 assembly is complete and ready to go in

Ivan then went forth to "test fit" the k04 kit and make sure the clocking of the turbo is correct so that the 90 degree (50mm) bend clear the block which the discharge pipe connects to.

Dyno Sheet (Engen 95) On Pump Setting

Feel free to contact either Imi or myself with regard to the turbo. Prices may very due to availability of stock and exchange rate at the given time. You can also provide your own k04 and we will get the machine work done.