Volkswagen Jetta GLI

This forum is dedicated to various tests performed on Volkswagen vehicles...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Post by jaunrothner »

Hello All,

I was browsing the internet and saw now that the Jetta GLi is still in existence but not being sold in SA,

For those of you who don't know this...The GLi or CLi is basically the sedan version of the GTi :lol:

Why don't they sell them in SA anymore as I think that they will sell like hot cakes?

Cheers all,
Supervan II
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Car Make: SEAT
Membership No: missing

Re: Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Post by Supervan II »

jaunrothner wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:01 am
Why don't they sell them in SA anymore as I think that they will sell like hot cakes?
Because VWSA.
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Post by Belix »

I don't think VWSA would take a profit maker off the market, so I gather the mk5 147kw Jetta did not sell in big enough numbers to justify it sticking around for the mk6 iteration. If I recall, it's pretty much only the US that gets the GLi any more.
jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 3 months
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

Post by jaunrothner »

Belix wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:33 pm I don't think VWSA would take a profit maker off the market, so I gather the mk5 147kw Jetta did not sell in big enough numbers to justify it sticking around for the mk6 iteration. If I recall, it's pretty much only the US that gets the GLi any more.
Thanks for the info :hurray: