The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

This forum is dedicated to various tests performed on Volkswagen vehicles...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Post Reply
Atsta
Cadet
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Kempton Park
Contact:

The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Atsta » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:52 pm

don't know if this has been posted before

http://www.carmagblog.co.za/custom_and_c...olf-video/



Quote:
Has German tuning company Boba Motoring created the ultimate Mk1 Golf?
Its latest creation, dubbed 16Vampir, features a 4-cylinder 1,8-litre 16V engine with a rather large Garrett GTX4202R turbo fitted to it. The resultant 745 kW is transferred to a 4Motion all-wheel drive system via a six-speed DSG gearbox with a custom DSG ECU controller from AdrenalinTuning.
To date no performance figures have been mentioned, though when you consider the 16Vampir weights only 900 kilograms we can imagine these might be quite spectacular
Image
User avatar
Stretch
Enlisted
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 pm
Car Make: Subaru
Car Model: '07 Impreza STi
Location: Randburg

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Stretch » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:09 pm

User avatar
Justin_B
VWCSA Member
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Up!
Membership No: 2024
Location: Durban

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Justin_B » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Madness!! Absolute madness but super awesome at the same time
Image
User avatar
Abnormal
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 4329
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:03 pm
Membership No: 848
Location: JHB

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Abnormal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:11 am

Wonder whats done to the dsg box.
\Oo) \ _w_ / (oO/
User avatar
slakkie
Cadet
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:32 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by slakkie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:15 am

Yeah something must have been done to the DSG box... I thought it was another Manual Box in Boba's Golf.
DSG boxes usually break under much less power.
The guys at boba are great their Golf MK2 4 Motion does 0-100 in 2.3 seconds if I recall correctly. The guy there with the other ratios said he could do it in 2.1 seconds but then the quarter mile would be higher can't understand the language it's written in too well lol.
Now you see me, now you don't

http://www.snailsonsteroids.co.za

If you have a car related website, feel free to add it to our directory at http://www.snailsonsteroids.co.za/directory/
User avatar
AndreDude
Enlisted
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:16 am
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi golf
Location: Secunda

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by AndreDude » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:02 pm

This car would be more fun if it was manual, but slower i guess.
1.4i citi golf 2007, sold
2.0T MK5 GTI DSG, daily ride
User avatar
Ian_F
Chairman
Chairman
Posts: 7106
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Mythical Golf 6R
Membership No: 1846
Location: Under the Hood
Contact:

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Ian_F » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

If you spend enough money, the DSG gear box can handle more power ...

It also might be the DQ500 ...
User avatar
Brotiform
Lieutenant
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: CC 3.6 4motion
Membership No: 1135
Location: 1610
Contact:

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Brotiform » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:25 am

Ian_F wrote:If you spend enough money, the DSG gear box can handle more power ...

It also might be the DQ500 ...
The limitation in DSG is software NOT hardware. You can handle big power easily.

The majority of big hp builds that use aftermarket 'slippy' clutches almost ALWAYS revert back to stock.
Image
Support your local shelter. Adopt , don't shop!
User avatar
Kavi4GP
Captain
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:21 pm
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016
Location: East Rand

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Kavi4GP » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:29 am

Brotiform wrote:
Ian_F wrote:If you spend enough money, the DSG gear box can handle more power ...

It also might be the DQ500 ...
The limitation in DSG is software NOT hardware. You can handle big power easily.

The majority of big hp builds that use aftermarket 'slippy' clutches almost ALWAYS revert back to stock.
Don't agree there is a reason high torque engines (RS6, RS7 etc) use the zf box , it's the torque that damages more than power.


Sent from iPad using Tapatalk
Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D
2013 Kia Rio Tec

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
User avatar
PoLonY
Gimme sausage. The thicker the better!
Posts: 18337
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:32 pm
Car Model: Volvo
Membership No: 1997
Location: Modderfontein

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by PoLonY » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:43 am

Kavi4GP wrote:
Brotiform wrote:
Ian_F wrote:If you spend enough money, the DSG gear box can handle more power ...

It also might be the DQ500 ...
The limitation in DSG is software NOT hardware. You can handle big power easily.

The majority of big hp builds that use aftermarket 'slippy' clutches almost ALWAYS revert back to stock.
Don't agree there is a reason high torque engines (RS6, RS7 etc) use the zf box , it's the torque that damages more than power.


Sent from iPad using Tapatalk
They use the zf box because longitudinal versus transverse layout.
User avatar
Brotiform
Lieutenant
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: CC 3.6 4motion
Membership No: 1135
Location: 1610
Contact:

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Brotiform » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:44 am

Exactly. I have personally driven in an R32T making 700+ torks on stock clutches with UM software. Nothing else. Car put the power down no problem.
Image
Support your local shelter. Adopt , don't shop!
UzziB
Cadet
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:02 pm
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Ranger
Location: Zulu Land

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by UzziB » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:08 am

Wonder why 1.8 :twisted:
Anyone with the engine specs?
If you aint first, your last !!!


Image
User avatar
Kavi4GP
Captain
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:21 pm
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016
Location: East Rand

The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by Kavi4GP » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:24 am

PoLonY wrote:
Kavi4GP wrote:
Brotiform wrote:
Ian_F wrote:If you spend enough money, the DSG gear box can handle more power ...

It also might be the DQ500 ...
The limitation in DSG is software NOT hardware. You can handle big power easily.

The majority of big hp builds that use aftermarket 'slippy' clutches almost ALWAYS revert back to stock.
Don't agree there is a reason high torque engines (RS6, RS7 etc) use the zf box , it's the torque that damages more than power.


Sent from iPad using Tapatalk
They use the zf box because longitudinal versus transverse layout.
Borg waner made longitudinal boxes that other Audi products used with Quattro


Sent from iPad using Tapatalk
Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D
2013 Kia Rio Tec

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
User avatar
slakkie
Cadet
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:32 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by slakkie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:38 pm

I know the first DSG boxes that came out were not as strong as the other versions. You will find that Boba and other companies modify their DSG gearboxes to be able to handle the extra power and their are kits everywhere that make it stronger.
Now you see me, now you don't

http://www.snailsonsteroids.co.za

If you have a car related website, feel free to add it to our directory at http://www.snailsonsteroids.co.za/directory/
User avatar
slakkie
Cadet
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:32 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by slakkie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Heres some articles I found maybe it will put you in the right direction

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... 2-DSG-take

And with only ECU modifications explains how it makes it able to handle so much more power.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/dsgtuning.html
Now you see me, now you don't

http://www.snailsonsteroids.co.za

If you have a car related website, feel free to add it to our directory at http://www.snailsonsteroids.co.za/directory/
User avatar
nolan.chettiar
Cadet
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 5:25 pm

Re: The 745 kW Mk1 Golf!

Post by nolan.chettiar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:35 pm

What a beast!!!!!
Post Reply