Bunker Racing goes Off Road

Information and discussion relating to VWCSA Events in and around KZN...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
rob_dbn
Captain
Registered for: 18 years 10 months
Membership No: missing

Bunker Racing goes Off Road

Post by rob_dbn »

So after not racing in an off road race car for over 18 months ...due to development and teething problems...anyways back to the race ....We start the prolouge in 25th and cruise along nicely as we have never driven the car before (only got it back three days before the race!!!) We end up starting the race in 12th supa stoked at our progress...So the flag drops and the race is on everyone starting with a 30 dust gap due to very dry conditions.We overtake some okes and start giving the V8 beast some legs...cheese and rice the thing is on roids!!!! give it wings and it will take off!!!...So we end up stalling and it's got a cold start problem!! lose 3 possitions...End up clawing our way back up to 6th overall and leading A class....when we didnt know to go left over bridge or jump the stream??? or how deep the stream was???? anyway we did not have enough speed ..........and this happened :wink:

End got towed out by a Land Cruiser and carried on ...got most of our postions back when our rear tyre came off the rim !!!! no prob "let's change it!!!" but the jack does 'nt work!!! we wait 45 mins for a farmer to lend us a jack!!!! So we get going and are just trying not to get time barred and keen just to finish!!!! then the CV blew up!!! so no finish !!! 140km of 210km!!!! anyway had a jol and "That's Racing"

Track Racing much easier!!!!! go golof go
wolfhound
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by wolfhound »

Bru, Cab was to heavey, bet the Golof would have made it over :lol:

Séan
1999 - 1600 16v Turbo Daewoo Lanos
2000 - 1600 1.6i Citi Chico - Bog standard
1970 - 1293 Mini (1100DL) + 30 Horse NOS kit.
1981 - 1275 Mini (1275e)
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/ ... 68/050.jpg

1point9
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 8 months
Car Make: Suzuki
Car Model: 2010 Swift Sport
Membership No: 1128

Post by 1point9 »

Oooops!

Nice action shot there, Rob. Hehe...maybe you should be keeping it on the tarmac (although looking at the sig pic, you seem to have a natural attraction to the dirt).

:lol:
2005 VW Citigolf 1.4i
2010 Suzuki Swift Sport
2005 Peugeot 206 GTi
2010 VW Golf Mk1
1996 VW Golf GTi
1989 VW Golf GTi 2.0 8V
1996 VW Golf GS
2000 MK1 Golf 1.9i
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/ ... 2130.shtml
rob_dbn
Captain
Registered for: 18 years 10 months
Membership No: missing

Post by rob_dbn »

1point9 wrote:Oooops!

Nice action shot there, Rob. Hehe...maybe you should be keeping it on the tarmac (although looking at the sig pic, you seem to have a natural attraction to the dirt).

:lol:
I'am "RIDIN DIRTY!!!!!"

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: