KZN Committee needs you!

Information and discussion relating to VWCSA Events in and around KZN...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

KZN Committee needs you!

Post by Kyle »

Hi All,

So it's that time of the year again.

Firstly, I would like to thank my fellow committee members of 2015, you guys have done a fantastic job so far this year! Being on committee is a huge responsibility which you have handled well.

That being said, we could always use an extra set of hands(or 10), and some of us need to step down for a while due to various reasons.

If you are truly interested in being on the KZN committee of the greatest car club in SA(Current committee members included), please put your names forward and you will be considered. You can pm me or any one of the KZN committee members and you will be considered.

Please note, as has been stated already, this is a huge responsibility as without the committee, the club will become very sad indeed.

Current committee members who will be staying on :

Kyle
Justin_B
DUPZ 55

Current committee members who will not be staying on :
Mitch

The rest of the comm is still to confirm.

We require the following:

Pimped from Ian's thread
Treasurer

*Duties Outside of Events: Ensure finances are taken care of. Record all monies coming in or to be paid out. Consult with administrator regarding membership fees. Allocate monies accordingly i.e. membership, event fees, sponsorship etc. Monthly financial statements for committee meetings, and yearly financials for AGM. All money to be deposited or paid out of the bank account. No cash to be paid out. All money paid out is upon the approval of the entire committee.

*Duties at Events: Ensure takings for the day are recorded and banked. Pay for sundry items eg braai packs. Allocate membership fees brought in.

Membership Administrator

*Duties Outside of Events: All membership and admin duties. Ensuring membership database is up to date. Print membership cards, distribute welcome packs to new members, ensure email list is updated, sms list updated etc.

*Duties at Events: Handle membership at events, and doing entries. Collect membership forms and capture them to database after event. Membership card and welcome pack to be done. Do membership promotion.

Assistant Membership Administrator

*Duties Outside of Events: Assist the Membership administrator in any way possible.

*Duties at Events: Handle membership at events, and doing entries. Collect membership forms and capture them to database after event. Membership card and welcome pack to be done. Do membership promotion. If the Membership Administrator cannot attend the event then you need to aquire a copy of the membership database for doing entries.

Public Relations Officer

*Duties Outside of Events: Organising of sponsorship for the club, and for club events. Selling of advertising on the website and forum.

*Duties at Events: Promote the image of the club. Assist with other duties, eg entries and membership. Do membership promotion. Send out thank you's that need to be given to sponsors

Assistant Public Relations Officer

*Duties Outside of Events: Assist the Public Relations Officer in any way possible.

*Duties at Events: Promote the image of the club. Assist with other duties, eg entries and membership. Do membership promotion. Send out thank you's that need to be given to sponsors

Events Co-ordinator

*Duties Outside of Events: In collaboration with the committee member assigned to an event, organise event in your area, from booking of venue to providing event details to the Web Administrator for uploading on the website, to ensuring that all paperwork is done for the event. Consult with Editor to ensure that club image is upheld. Consult with PRO for sponsorship / advertising for event.

*Duties at Events: Ensure smooth running of the event, from start to finish. Ensure enough committee members are available to work on the day and, in collaboration with responsible committee member, assign committee members to tasks required during the event.

Assistant Events Co-ordinator

*Duties Outside of Events: Assist the Events Co-ordinator in any way possible.

*Duties at Events: Ensure smooth running of the event, from start to finish. Ensure enough committee members are available to work on the day and, in collaboration with responsible committee member, assign committee members to tasks required during the event.

Technical Advisor

*Duties Outside of Events: Assist members with technical queries on the bulletin board.

*Duties at Events: Scrutineering of cars in order to allocate classes. Assist with technical queries. Oversee the event from a technical perspective (planning beforehand to ascertain event conditions on cars eg. Road surface).

Assistant Technical Advisor

*Duties Outside of Events: Assist the Technical Advisor in any way possible.

*Duties at Events: Scrutineering of cars in order to allocate classes. Assist with technical queries. Oversee the event from a technical perspective (planning beforehand to ascertain event conditions on cars eg. Road surface).

Photographer

*Duties Outside of Events: Capture and resize all event photographs as well as remove “dud” photos from the album. Brand images to ensure leeching of photos does not take place. Hand all photos to webmaster for uploading. Find replacement photographer if unable to attend an event.

*Duties at Events: Take photos of ALL cars at the event, to be resized and sent to webmaster for uploading.

Assistant Photographer

*Duties Outside of Events: Assist the Photographer in any way possible.

*Duties at Events: Take photos of ALL cars at the event, to be resized and sent to webmaster for uploading.

Web Administrator

*Duties Outside of Events: Ensure that website is updated with upcoming events details as well as links to results and photographs. Ensure that website is user-friendly and all functions on website are in working order. Ensure bulletin board is pruned regularly and all misplaced topics are correctly categorized. Generate monthly website statistics for committee meeting review.

*Duties at Events: To collect and enter all results as well as check them against entries for mistakes. Publish the results within 5 days of the event in conjunction with the editor’s review on how the event ran.

Committee Benefits

- Your entry fee to most events is free,
- You get a free Club TShirt,
- You get to sacrifice alot of your personal time for the Club,
- At events, you look like you know what you are doing,
- You get to listen to complaints about all the hard work you put in,
- You get to learn the intricacies of running an Enthusiasts Club,
- You get to meet new people when they call you late at night about club stuff.
Be warned, pay is non-existent (unless you like peanuts) and free sunburns are included!

There are a few rules around nominations, that you need to be aware of and take into account:

- All positions on the committee are open for nomination as no-one automatically retains their position from year to year...
- Only paid-up club members may be nominated for a position on the committee...
- Only paid-up club members may nominate a person for a position on the committee...
- Only paid-up club members can vote for the committee.
- You are able to nominate yourself for a position on the committee...
- All nominations must be received in writing by an appointed committee member at least 14 days before the AGM...
- The Chairman and Vice Chairman will be voted for, from the already elected committee positions...
- Only the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are allowed to have dual roles, i.e. Chairman/Treasurer...
- All current comittee members have equal voting rights, but the chairman has the deciding vote in the event of a tie...
- Please make sure that any person you nominate for any position is willing to stand (Get their consent before placing the nomination)
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
ZiF_k
Captain
Registered for: 12 years 9 months
Car Make: VW Polo
Car Model: Gti
Membership No: 2029

Re: KZN Committee needs you!

Post by ZiF_k »

No
Current: Big Turbo 20VT
Ex: 2003 Citi 1.4i
DazzG_177
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 6 months
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: Leon Cupra
Membership No: missing

Post by DazzG_177 »

Zif, Nik and Keyone for Comm!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
ZiF_k
Captain

Post by ZiF_k »

DazzG_177 wrote:Zif, Nik and Keyone for Comm!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Nik...yes!
DUPZ 55
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk4 Jetta
Membership No: 1958

Post by DUPZ 55 »

Well said Kyle ! The more people will to be on comm the more events we can pull off.

I'd like to stay on comm, I feel that I have a lot more to do that'll influence the club :hi:
Bradley du Preez
current
2012 Toyota fortuner 3.0 D4D auto 4x4 - RK peri peri + straight pipe
2009 Mercedes-Benz C180
ex :2002 Mk 4 Jetta - sold
ex : MK6 GTI 2012 - Stealth Tuned - sold
ex : Citi Rox 1.4i 2009 - Sold
ex : polo GTI 08 - sold
ex : citi 1.4i 07 - sold
ZiF_k
Captain

Post by ZiF_k »

DUPZ 55 wrote:Well said Kyle ! The more people will to be on comm the more events we can pull off.

I'd like to stay on comm, I feel that I have a lot more to do that'll influence the club :hi:
More events! Yes please! Since im back in Durban permanently!
Nikz_tsc
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Mk7 GTi
Membership No: 2093

Post by Nikz_tsc »

I should register to be a member first of all.

Secondly, i dont really mind. The Durban comm for this year really did turn things around! We have seen much more events, m&g's where we actually saw people stop by for the first time and continued to stop by for the m&g's that followed.

The actual club has gained alot more interest from Durban and we need to take this one step further now!
Current: Mk7 Gti

Previous: Ibiza Cupra 20vT; Polo GTi 20vt

TSC Garage
Performance Tuning Solutions
info@tscgarage.co.za
ZiF_k
Captain

Post by ZiF_k »

Nikz_GTi wrote:I should register to be a member first of all.

Secondly, i dont really mind. The Durban comm for this year really did turn things around! We have seen much more events, m&g's where we actually saw people stop by for the first time and continued to stop by for the m&g's that followed.

The actual club has gained alot more interest from Durban and we need to take this one step further now!
Well you can register very soon Image
Ian_F
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 11 years 11 months
Car Model: Voetswagen
Membership No: 1846

Post by Ian_F »

Kyle, can you list the current comm please and who is stepping down and who is staying...

Then, I need to say thank you to you, and Mitch, and the rest of the comm, for putting in the hard yards to get the Durban chapter going again.

I know it takes time, and the club appreciates the efforts you have put in.

As always, you have the support you need!
Justin_B
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 5 months
Car Model: Up!
Membership No: 2024

Post by Justin_B »

I'm still keen to be on comm, like Brad I feel like I can contribute more to grow the club in KZN... (And I'll still be able to wear my awesome comm shirt)

Sent using the force...
pyro-zn
Major
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Model: Golf 7R
Membership No: 2072

Post by pyro-zn »

Nikz_GTi wrote:I should register to be a member first of all.

:iagree:

Current: '17 Golf VII R
Ex: '12 TR Golf Vi GTi DSG ::: Revo3 - thread
Ex: '07 Polo GTi (Take 2) ::: FR&R Tuned (163wkw 385nm) - thread
Ex: '13 Polo 1.4 Comfortline ::: PanoRoof | JOM Bluelines | 17" A-Line Racers | 17" VW Boavista's
by Borbet - thread
Ex: '07 Polo GTi ::: 76mm downpipe | 63mm exhaust | sLammeD - pics thread
Kyle
General

Post by Kyle »

ZiF_k wrote:No Image
We wouldn't let you in anyway...
Ian_F wrote:Kyle, can you list the current comm please and who is stepping down and who is staying...

Then, I need to say thank you to you, and Mitch, and the rest of the comm, for putting in the hard yards to get the Durban chapter going again.

I know it takes time, and the club appreciates the efforts you have put in.

As always, you have the support you need!
Thanks Ian, it's a responsibility that we don't take lightly.

I will post a list of current comm as well as who is leaving when it's confirmed.
Current:

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
ZiF_k
Captain

Post by ZiF_k »

Kyle wrote:
ZiF_k wrote:No Image
We wouldn't let you in anyway...
Im too cool for you.
Mitch
Colonel
Registered for: 11 years 6 months
Car Model: Polo 1.0 R-Line
Membership No: 1840

Post by Mitch »

I will formally step down from KZN Comm in the new year.

Unfortunately I do not have the available time like I used to, due to the demands of my new job. I am trying to balance my other interests, together with the club and spending time with my family.

I will still be helping out the KZN Comm wherever I can in planning events and helping on the day. I am just not able to commit myself completely to always being available, and I feel that this would be a disservice to our members, the committee and the club. So I will rather make space for someone else with the passion and time to make this club great.

I have been on the committee since Dubrun 2013, and it has been a good 2 years. The club has changed significantly from when I joined in 2012, and so has the committee. With time change is a neccessity, and the club will become irrelevant to the VW community if change isn't embraced.

I urge all the KZN forum members to sign up for membership. The pack is awesome, and you get to be a member of the best VW Club out there. There are several guys I know who have the passion for all things VAG, as well as knowledge that would be an asset to the KZN committee. I hope you will step up and put your name forward for the KZN Committee.

It's not a walk in the park. Long days spent at events, dealing with difficult people for a pat on the back. But it is worth it. You will make many new friends and build a great network throughout the local VAG community.

Do it!
Current:
2019 VW Polo Vivo GT 1.0TSI (Reef Blue Metallic)

Past:
2019 Toyota Rav-4 GX-R AWD (Graphite Grey Metallic)
2019 VW Polo 1.0 R-Line (Reef Blue Metallic)
2012 VW MKVI GTI (Candy White)
2011 VW Polo 6R Comfortline (Black Magic Pearl)
2008 Opel Corsa Lite+ (Silver)
1990 VW Fox 1.3 (Red)
Kyle
General

Post by Kyle »

Mitch wrote:I will formally step down from KZN Comm in the new year.

Unfortunately I do not have the available time like I used to, due to the demands of my new job. I am trying to balance my other interests, together with the club and spending time with my family.

I will still be helping out the KZN Comm wherever I can in planning events and helping on the day. I am just not able to commit myself completely to always being available, and I feel that this would be a disservice to our members, the committee and the club. So I will rather make space for someone else with the passion and time to make this club great.

I have been on the committee since Dubrun 2013, and it has been a good 2 years. The club has changed significantly from when I joined in 2012, and so has the committee. With time change is a neccessity, and the club will become irrelevant to the VW community if change isn't embraced.

I urge all the KZN forum members to sign up for membership. The pack is awesome, and you get to be a member of the best VW Club out there. There are several guys I know who have the passion for all things VAG, as well as knowledge that would be an asset to the KZN committee. I hope you will step up and put your name forward for the KZN Committee.

It's not a walk in the park. Long days spent at events, dealing with difficult people for a pat on the back. But it is worth it. You will make many new friends and build a great network throughout the local VAG community.

Do it!
Thanks for the countless hours of hard work Mitch :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Current:

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

Having spent a few years on comm, all I can say to any prospective new comm members, is please remember that it will take a concerted effort on your part to set up events and manage them properly... nothing will 'just happen' on its own and so my advice would be to only volunteer yourself if you are prepared to actually put some effort into growing the KZN chapter of the club.

Its a rather thankless job and you will constantly get gears from the unhappy minority - remember you can't please everyone all of the time.

Good luck to all of you :thumbup:
Kyle
General

Post by Kyle »

lawrence wrote:Having spent a few years on comm, all I can say to any prospective new comm members, is please remember that it will take a concerted effort on your part to set up events and manage them properly... nothing will 'just happen' on its own and so my advice would be to only volunteer yourself if you are prepared to actually put some effort into growing the KZN chapter of the club.

Its a rather thankless job and you will constantly get gears from the unhappy minority - remember you can't please everyone all of the time.

Good luck to all of you :thumbup:
:iagree:
Current:

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT