Meet & Greet suggestions

Information and discussion relating to VWCSA Events in and around KZN...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Re: Meet & Greet suggestions

Post by lawrence »

For those okes who wanna spend some time driving, and spend time getting to know the okes at the end, you can run along the R614 from Tongaat to Wartburg Hof hotel - but it is more of an all day event....so maybe not for the 'meet and greet' section, but wanted to put it out there :cool:

- EPIC drive
- half decent scenery for a photoshoot when you get there
- serve a decent lunch
- place for lighties to play so opens it up to the family too
- from there quick drive into PMB and chilled drive home along the N3

If I remember correctly it was around 250km round trip from Durban to Tongaat to Wartberg to PMB and back on the N3.

Here is a link to the original run we did

http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php ... hilit=r614

And some pics etc

http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=121543
http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=121920
http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=121540
CARL-ZN1.6
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n3 1.6

Post by CARL-ZN1.6 »

im new here so im keen for anything , :driving: actually cant wait to attend my very first 1 , hope theres one soon.
JunoM
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Car Model: MK1 1.6 IDI Golf
Membership No: 1962

Post by JunoM »

lawrence wrote:For those okes who wanna spend some time driving, and spend time getting to know the okes at the end, you can run along the R614 from Tongaat to Wartburg Hof hotel - but it is more of an all day event....so maybe not for the 'meet and greet' section, but wanted to put it out there :cool:

- EPIC drive
- half decent scenery for a photoshoot when you get there
- serve a decent lunch
- place for lighties to play so opens it up to the family too
- from there quick drive into PMB and chilled drive home along the N3

If I remember correctly it was around 250km round trip from Durban to Tongaat to Wartberg to PMB and back on the N3.

Here is a link to the original run we did

http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php ... hilit=r614

And some pics etc

http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=121543
http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=121920
http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=121540
Epic pics! I'm fairly new to the vwclub but from looking at those pics I sort of feel the camaraderie and wish I was part of it back then.
But by saying that, we have also come a long way. Looks like back then it was okay to have a high car or to have a 60-40 spring drop, it was normal to wash your car with a single bucket, people didn't detail their cars, didn't sugar coat them, glass coat? When it was normal to do a shoot without a dslr, there was no editing watermarks or filters yet people were happy.

I don't know what has changed over the years with the club but I sense this year is gonna be good!! And hopefully we get more members and our m&g's and Events get a bigger following

Current: '07 Citi 1.4i | '12 MKVI GTI (Stock) 163wkw & 300nm @ Stealth HQ
Ex: '93 Honda Ballade 16v | '11 Nissan Navara Pickup

VAG car guy, Zombie slaying badass
8Valver
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 1 month
Car Model: 1.8i Citi Sport

Post by 8Valver »

Beach Bums.. Can do some lovely photos @ Casuarina

+1
AshG
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 10 months
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Fiesta ST

Post by AshG »

The whatsapp groups/clicks are good in a sense that you know youre not gonna show up to a M&G and then only talk to like one or two guys. I remember the first one i attended where lawrence and mitch were the only guys i recall 'welcoming' me so to speak, while the other guys couldnt be bothered, cos they were already too busy amongst themselves in their own little 'clicks'..so you see this has been ongoing for a while..

Dont know if that made sense,but onto the topic at hand..

1.Photoshoots sound good
2.Maybe something once in a while that gives our cars a break from all the boosting and bwaaaaping..paintball,laser tag,etc..

Just my 2c
Current: 2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Ex Rides:
2009 VW Tenaciti 1.4i
2013 VW Polo Vivo GT(Zorst)
2007 Ford Focus 225 ST(stock)
2010 VW Citi MK1(No. 512){Primaforce branch+zorst}
ZiF_k
Captain
Registered for: 12 years 9 months
Car Make: VW Polo
Car Model: Gti
Membership No: 2029

Post by ZiF_k »

AshG wrote:
2.Maybe something once in a while that gives our cars a break from all the boosting and bwaaaaping..paintball,laser tag,etc..

Just my 2c
So...we gonna walk there? Image
Current: Big Turbo 20VT
Ex: 2003 Citi 1.4i
Justin_B
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 5 months
Car Model: Up!
Membership No: 2024

Post by Justin_B »

ZiF_k wrote:
AshG wrote:

Just my 2c
Cake, I think he means an activity of some sort after a long drive. Ash good suggestion but thats more for an all day event. A meet and greet is supposed to be guys/gals rocking up at a local spot to socialize.

We need local suggestions thats not too far for peops to drive to cos these m&g's will be happening during the week.

The paintball event will be brought up as a suggestion at the next com meeting though
ZiF_k
Captain
Registered for: 12 years 9 months
Car Make: VW Polo
Car Model: Gti
Membership No: 2029

Post by ZiF_k »

Justin_B wrote:
ZiF_k wrote:
AshG wrote:

Just my 2c
Cake, I think he means an activity of some sort after a long drive. Ash good suggestion but thats more for an all day event. A meet and greet is supposed to be guys/gals rocking up at a local spot to socialize.

We need local suggestions thats not too far for peops to drive to cos these m&g's will be happening during the week.

The paintball event will be brought up as a suggestion at the next com meeting though
Thanks for clearing that up Beiber. I was so under the impression he meant something else.
Current: Big Turbo 20VT
Ex: 2003 Citi 1.4i
Justin_B
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 5 months
Car Model: Up!
Membership No: 2024

Post by Justin_B »

ZiF_k wrote:
Justin_B wrote:
ZiF_k wrote:
AshG wrote:

Just my 2c

Thanks for clearing that up Beiber. I was so under the impression he meant something else.
To be honest, anything is possible with ash...
AshG
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 10 months
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Fiesta ST

Post by AshG »

Justin_B wrote:
ZiF_k wrote:
AshG wrote:

Just my 2c

Such a cake litey..
Current: 2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Ex Rides:
2009 VW Tenaciti 1.4i
2013 VW Polo Vivo GT(Zorst)
2007 Ford Focus 225 ST(stock)
2010 VW Citi MK1(No. 512){Primaforce branch+zorst}
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

ZiF_k wrote:
AshG wrote:

Just my 2c
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.