T-shirts for Dbn VW club guys

Information and discussion relating to VWCSA Events in and around KZN...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
Fray
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '06 A4 DTM, '07 A4 2.0T
Membership No: 1622

Re: T-shirts for Dbn VW club guys

Post by Fray »

Custom Plates would be awesome - it's such a ball-ache to edit photos!!!
CTi4Life
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Car Model: MK1 2DR 2L 16VT
Membership No: 1412

Post by CTi4Life »

i was thinking about using something at the top back of the t-shirts...
CTi4Life

"If you cant race it or take it to bed, then it aint worth having....."

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

Ex: 95 Golf 3 GTi
Ex: 96 CTi
Ex: MK1 GTi
EX: Beetle 1600 Twinport
Ex: MK1 Jetta, 1.8i
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

guys remember a big print on the front of a golf shirt wont look that lekker hey... Just my 2c
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

My quick idea if we going golf shirts to have this on the front pocket side. Maybe get some guys to sponsor branding on the other sides and the sleeves.

CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

rhythm07
Lieutenant
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Model: MK4 GTI
Membership No: missing

Post by rhythm07 »

i like it :crazy:

and what you say about the golfers is true, we can't go extreme on the front of the shirt.

And if your'll want to use golfers we rather do embroidery which will look better than screen print.

But remember with these changes, change the price as well. The reason why i say this is the golfers are more expensive than t-shirts and screen printing is cheaper then embroidery which is charged by a 1000 stitches.

My 2c is as follows

if we want to go for something that looks funky, fun n wild we should go with the t-shirt and printing.

If we want the professional business like look then golfers and embroidery but tone down completely on the design, using a design cti4life suggested on the pocket n a nice picture at the back or something of the sort, if we over do it it will look like the the kiddies ben 10 golfers but their t's are printed. :bang:

I suggest we stick to the t-shirt of a thicker quality with printing which cheaper than the golfer with embroidery and we can be more adventuress with the design.
"Though all the animals are equal, the GTI is more equal than others"

Current:
2003 Golf4 GTI 1.8T GT3071r - 203wkw, 309nm @ 0.75bar
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

A screen printed t-shirts probabaly going to last you a year, where as i embroided shirts will last as long as you fit in it. So if we going to make something for just an event then maybe the t-shirts will be cool. But if we want to keep it then id say embroidry the way to go.

I have my pit shirts that i odered from a guy on the forum. they still in good nick havent even faded a bit.
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

rhythm07
Lieutenant

Post by rhythm07 »

true but it also depends on how guys use it, i'm cool for anything.

They can't expect to use it four times a week and then not have them fade after one year.

So what design are we using?

Current:
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

rhythm07
Lieutenant

Post by rhythm07 »

hey guys

what's up are we doing this?

Should i just get a pricing on about 50 tdshirts with cti4kife design?

Current:
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

ShaunTdi
Eternal Newbie Post Whore
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Model: MK3 GTI 16V

Post by ShaunTdi »

Not interest bud.

If you want to get a random shirt made then thats cool but, the Vw club is not random. We are a club and we should project ourself as such.

Just my 2c, don't get offended.
rhythm07
Lieutenant

Post by rhythm07 »

CTi4Life wrote:My quick idea if we going golf shirts to have this on the front pocket side. Maybe get some guys to sponsor branding on the other sides and the sleeves.

hey cuz

can you email me this?

Current:
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

rhythm07
Lieutenant

Post by rhythm07 »

ShaunTdi wrote:Not interest bud.

If you want to get a random shirt made then thats cool but, the Vw club is not random. We are a club and we should project ourself as such.

i just want to get a price so the guys know what they looking at and throw some designs around.

It's not actual random just throwing some of the ideas around the guys had.

Current:
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

rhythm07 wrote:

i just want to get a price so the guys know what they looking at and throw some designs around.

When I mean random I am talking about a shirt for general use. As in not as a CLUB shirt. You must remember we are affiliated to this club VWCSA and as such I feel that a club shirt needs to be uniform.

Im not saying dont do it. Just saying Im not interested.

Also bud. please dont get all uppity with the joburgs guys over shirts. It makes us look like tits.
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

i thought this thread was to put suggestions together and then vote on the best liked design. If I looked at rhythm07's post he was asking if guys are keen so yeah it was a suggestion so a simple yes or no would do. But then if its a no then throw some suggestions around. I totally agree that we should project ourselves as a club, and that goes for every suggestion be it events or tshirts gazeebos whatever...

If we going to start talking abot randomising the club I guess that horse has bolted already.

Maybe we shoudnt reinvent the wheel we copy the JHB design and get a local guy to make the shirts up.

Just my 2c...

@ rhythm no problem bro, il be cutting some stickers as well so i will give you a couple.
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

rhythm07
Lieutenant

Post by rhythm07 »

ShaunTdi wrote:
rhythm07 wrote:

When I mean random I am talking about a shirt for general use. As in not as a CLUB shirt. You must remember we are affiliated to this club VWCSA and as such I feel that a club shirt needs to be uniform.

Im not saying dont do it. Just saying Im not interested.

Also bud. please dont get all uppity with the joburgs guys over shirts. It makes us look like tits.
please define a club shirt?if the jhb guys make shirt for their trip to somewhere does it make it offical, do we not a freedom of choice or do we have to be tits and follow the jhb guys.

Even though everyone falls under the umbrella of vwclub, we are from another region and are not invovled with events they have. I wasn't been uppity about anything, if you read the thread a bit earlier on you will see chicken licken a guys that was a commitee member and arranged a previous dubrun also questioned the pricing. I threw an offer in that's all. Please answer this question:

if you was buying something for R180 and i came along and told you i could maybe get you the samething at half the price. Which would you choose?

Current:
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

MeanTdi
The Imposer Mod-whore-rator
Registered for: 18 years
Car Make: Subaru
Car Model: WRX
Membership No: 1153

Post by MeanTdi »

rhythm07 wrote:if you was buying something for R180 and i came along and told you i could maybe get you the samething at half the price. Which would you choose?
I would question the quality of the shirt and the logo. We have chosen a shirt that does not warp after the 1st wash and the logos that do not wrinkle after a few washes.
Marco

Current: Subaru WRX
Ex: VW Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
Ex: VW Golf VR6
Ex: VW Golf 1.8 GTi 16v

ALFAHOLIC wrote:What can go wrong, jarre you guys sound like you are describing an Alfa here...
My Corsa OPC wrote:Its not an oil leak, its just an Opel marking its territory :lol:
ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

Dude chill.

Firstly, the dubrun shirt is not a club shirt, it is made for the purpose of dubrun. and since you are not join dubrun it shouldnt bother you. Also R180.00 for a shirt is not THAT expense. Anywhere you go to get shirts will cost in that region. And I am pretty sure you dont go get you Levi shirt made at the local printing shop just to save a couple bucks. Dont be so cheap! You are not only buying yourself a shirt that you can be proud of but you are supporting a club you belong too. Thats if you see yourself as apart of the club?

Remember this is a non-profit organisation, so telling them they are ripping ppl off over a couple shirts is pointless as it doesnt at the end of the day benefit any individuals pocket. Shirts might make a profit but I can almost guarantee that it is minimal and is just utilised to keep this forum up and running. Or did you think some nice old man pays for the running cost of this toylet just so cheap little shits like you and me can play big boy behind a keyboard. I dont think so.

Like I initial said, I am not saying dont do it. I just shared a feeling and my 2c. Thats all.
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

Dude the price is not that big an issue, the ou was trying to help out and made a suggestion.

I think throwing statements like yours above is not cool. Random, the entire ZN section is random if you didnt notice. You dont want a shirt keep you name off the list. We did that with the gazeebo, although we tried to still make suggestions and help out, which went unnoticed BTW.

Again my 3c
MeanTdi wrote:
rhythm07 wrote:if you was buying something for R180 and i came along and told you i could maybe get you the samething at half the price. Which would you choose?
I would question the quality of the shirt and the logo. We have chosen a shirt that does not warp after the 1st wash and the logos that do not wrinkle after a few washes.
Hey bro, you part of the committe, can we use the VWClub logo to make our own tshirts, can we use it for branding or is it just for club members?
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

CTi4Life wrote:

Dude the price is not that big an issue, the ou was trying to help out and made a suggestion.

I think throwing statements like yours above is not cool. Random, the entire ZN section is random if you didnt notice. You dont want a shirt keep you name off the list. We did that with the gazeebo, although we tried to still make suggestions and help out, which went unnoticed BTW.

Again my 3c
MeanTdi wrote:

Hey bro, you part of the committe, can we use the VWClub logo to make our own tshirts, can we use it for branding or is it just for club members?
Bud, I am not here to insult anyone so dont be offended. Maybe the word "random" is not the best word to use. As I said in a later post I mean a general shirt. As in not a club shirt.

I have spoken to Dazza regarding the use of the club designs. He said he will speak to the rest of the comm guys and get back to me. I will let you know what the outcome is.

Oh and btw, my name was never on the list :moon:
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

No offence taken dude, but it merely to discuss where the KZN section of the club is going. nothing personal to you or me. OUR comments could go for anyone that belongs to the club.
The question is are we part of VWCLUBSA or is there another club starting here?

Nor was my name on as well :moon: But doesnt hurt to give help out. Maybe we should wait for the comm to comment here. Does random use of he logo for branding open it up for anyone to use the logo. So wheres the exclusive part of being a member of the club.
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

MeanTdi

Post by MeanTdi »

CTi4Life wrote:
MeanTdi wrote:
Hey CTi4Life

The branding would be for official VWClub SA merchandise decided by the comm for its members (or non-members) for official shirts that represented the event under one banner. Having said that there is nothing wrong with input or suggestions before the next event to maybe find shirts or logos at better pricing.

Please PM G-Spot.
G-Spot wrote:Listen guys, and rythm07, if you have a issue about the shirts, PM me, im handling it. We are really not making alot on the shirts and will gladly share the TCP with anyone that has a issue. even though i dont think it has anything to do with enyone that's not a member.

This is not the place to discuss this, So PM me and we can sort it out there.
http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 7&start=75
Marco

ALFAHOLIC wrote:What can go wrong, jarre you guys sound like you are describing an Alfa here...
My Corsa OPC wrote:Its not an oil leak, its just an Opel marking its territory :lol:
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

I would question the quality of the shirt and the logo. We have chosen a shirt that does not warp after the 1st wash and the logos that do not wrinkle after a few washes.[/quote]

Hey bro, you part of the committe, can we use the VWClub logo to make our own tshirts, can we use it for branding or is it just for club members?[/quote]

Hey CTi4Life

The branding would be for official VWClub SA merchandise decided by the comm for its members (or non-members) for official shirts that represented the event under one banner. Having said that there is nothing wrong with input or suggestions before the next event to maybe find shirts or logos at better pricing.

Please PM G-Spot.
G-Spot wrote:Listen guys, and rythm07, if you have a issue about the shirts, PM me, im handling it. We are really not making alot on the shirts and will gladly share the TCP with anyone that has a issue. even though i dont think it has anything to do with enyone that's not a member.

This is not the place to discuss this, So PM me and we can sort it out there.
http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 7&start=75[/quote]

Thanks MeanTDi,

So would the committee be willing to give he Official logo to the ZN guys to make their own tshirts. We know that that the logistics of getting club merchandise down to DBN is a balls ache.

So official mechandise can only be purchased via the club? Honestly we were not questioning the honestly of the pricing, everyone knows DBN's cheaper than JHB, we poor okes bro :grin:
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

rhythm07
Lieutenant

Post by rhythm07 »

MeanTdi wrote:
it's exactly the same if not better, just priced different

Current:
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

MeanTdi

Post by MeanTdi »

CTi4Life wrote:Thanks MeanTDi,

So would the committee be willing to give he Official logo to the ZN guys to make their own tshirts. We know that that the logistics of getting club merchandise down to DBN is a balls ache.

So official mechandise can only be purchased via the club? Honestly we were not questioning the honestly of the pricing, everyone knows DBN's cheaper than JHB, we poor okes bro :grin:
The idea was to have official designs available to a ALL members and not only the DBN guys. The guys are bringing the shirts down with the run, but we would be more than happy to have a representative from DBN.
Marco

CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

MeanTdi wrote:
CTi4Life wrote:Thanks MeanTDi,

The idea was to have official designs available to a ALL members and not only the DBN guys. The guys are bringing the shirts down with the run, but we would be more than happy to have a representative from DBN.
I was referring more to the official t-shirt, i mean dub run shirts wont be for us cos we didnt do the run.

Okay lets say if took the VW Logo printed it on some shirts and sold it to the guys here, will it be a problem with the committee?
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

MeanTdi

Post by MeanTdi »

CTi4Life wrote:
Okay lets say if took the VW Logo printed it on some shirts and sold it to the guys here, will it be a problem with the committee?
I hear you and the same applies.

We have official shirts for the whole club - there is nothing wring with co-ordinating this with comm and supplying shirts in DBN that have been approved by comm, with the VW Club SA logo.

Like I said, we would be more than happy to have a representative from DBN. PM G-Spot to co-ordinate.
Marco