T-shirts for Dbn VW club guys

Information and discussion relating to VWCSA Events in and around KZN...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
CTi4Life
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK1 2DR 2L 16VT
Membership No: 1412

Re: T-shirts for Dbn VW club guys

Post by CTi4Life »

MeanTdi wrote:
CTi4Life wrote:
Okay lets say if took the VW Logo printed it on some shirts and sold it to the guys here, will it be a problem with the committee?
I hear you and the same applies.

We have official shirts for the whole club - there is nothing wring with co-ordinating this with comm and supplying shirts in DBN that have been approved by comm, with the VW Club SA logo.

Like I said, we would be more than happy to have a representative from DBN. PM G-Spot to co-ordinate.
Thanks MeanTdi. But the same should go for all type of branded items
CTi4Life

"If you cant race it or take it to bed, then it aint worth having....."

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

Ex: 95 Golf 3 GTi
Ex: 96 CTi
Ex: MK1 GTi
EX: Beetle 1600 Twinport
Ex: MK1 Jetta, 1.8i
rhythm07
Lieutenant
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Model: MK4 GTI
Membership No: missing

Post by rhythm07 »

ShaunTdi wrote:Dude chill.

Firstly, the dubrun shirt is not a club shirt, it is made for the purpose of dubrun. and since you are not join dubrun it shouldnt bother you. Also R180.00 for a shirt is not THAT expense. Anywhere you go to get shirts will cost in that region. And I am pretty sure you dont go get you Levi shirt made at the local printing shop just to save a couple bucks. Dont be so cheap! You are not only buying yourself a shirt that you can be proud of but you are supporting a club you belong too. Thats if you see yourself as apart of the club?

Remember this is a non-profit organisation, so telling them they are ripping ppl off over a couple shirts is pointless as it doesnt at the end of the day benefit any individuals pocket. Shirts might make a profit but I can almost guarantee that it is minimal and is just utilised to keep this forum up and running. Or did you think some nice old man pays for the running cost of this toylet just so cheap little shits like you and me can play big boy behind a keyboard. I dont think so.

Like I initial said, I am not saying dont do it. I just shared a feeling and my 2c. Thats all.
haha i think maybe you then to chill cuz

let me ease your mind.

First off, the reason why i offered and that's all offered not insisted, i offered out of the goodness of my heart and i felt the guys would appreciate that someone was looking out for them. I guess you do not know the pricing of what it actually cost to buy a t-shirts and print on it. Does that not show that i see myself as part of the club?

Secondly, was i talking about a levis t-shirt made locally?i don't recall that! I'm comparing apples with apples not banana's. If someone can get you the same quality with the same design, why not go for it?are these "commitee members" going to vw in germany to make these t-shirts? So don't be so clever!

Thirdly, you and everyone else needs to realise that even though everyone in SA falls under "VWclub" umbrella, ask yourself where does most of the "VWclub" events take place?how often does the VWclub have an event in durban? And i mean proper event. I'm sure the commitee will not stop us from using the name as long as it used in the correct manner n reasons. We are a branch off the club- the durban branch

Fourth, if you look at the thread you was reading and got all up tight about. The guys that replied said its ok if the club makes money off them, and i quote "how else will the club make money".my issue that arose is that this club should be for the members by the members and not for the club by the commitee. So we should be able to give each other the best possible options at the end of the day.how do you know which individual it's benefits o not?

Lastly, like i said when i started this thread. It's a suggestion for us dbn guys to make some nice shirts that we can use to where ever we wanted to and it so happened that it could work out much cheaper. What does shirts got to do with the operation of this site?

P.s i can't believe you and all the other rich guys are giving me so much of crap about trying to save you guys some money! Damn

i guess i will only help other cheap o poor people like me in future.
"Though all the animals are equal, the GTI is more equal than others"

Current:
2003 Golf4 GTI 1.8T GT3071r - 203wkw, 309nm @ 0.75bar
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

ShaunTdi
Eternal Newbie Post Whore
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Model: MK3 GTI 16V

Post by ShaunTdi »

rhythm07 wrote: haha i think maybe you then to chill cuz

let me ease your mind.

First off, the reason why i offered and that's all offered not insisted, i offered out of the goodness of my heart and i felt the guys would appreciate that someone was looking out for them. I guess you do not know the pricing of what it actually cost to buy a t-shirts and print on it. Does that not show that i see myself as part of the club?

Bud I do know what the cost is. The company I work for has a subsidary that supplies the likes of Mr Price so I have looked into getting shirts made. And yes it cost a great deal less to make your own.

Secondly, was i talking about a levis t-shirt made locally?i don't recall that! I'm comparing apples with apples not banana's. If someone can get you the same quality with the same design, why not go for it?are these "commitee members" going to vw in germany to make these t-shirts? So don't be so clever!

Thanks for that captain obvious. Point I am making is that shirts these days cost in the R150+ mark. So it isnt overly expensive. Just because you can get it cheaper does not change the market price of shirts these days.

Thirdly, you and everyone else needs to realise that even though everyone in SA falls under "VWclub" umbrella, ask yourself where does most of the "VWclub" events take place?how often does the VWclub have an event in durban? And i mean proper event. I'm sure the commitee will not stop us from using the name as long as it used in the correct manner n reasons. We are a branch off the club- the durban branch

Bud, this has been discussed among durban guys to death. The VWCSA is a joburg based club. We have been trying for the last 3-4 years to get the club up and going but it is not that easy. Either way this is off topic. Like I said Dazza will get back to me about the use of their designs. But dont get you hopes up.

Fourth, if you look at the thread you was reading and got all up tight about. The guys that replied said its ok if the club makes money off them, and i quote "how else will the club make money".my issue that arose is that this club should be for the members by the members and not for the club by the commitee. So we should be able to give each other the best possible options at the end of the day.how do you know which individual it's benefits o not?

Yes the club makes money. From shirts etc. But if you actually think about how much money it takes to run the club. And I am not talking just about keeping the forum running( because this site is not free). But think about the cost of hiring a track for the day which for the likes of the big Z is like R20000.00 which is paid up front and recupturated from entry fees.

Lastly, like i said when i started this thread. It's a suggestion for us dbn guys to make some nice shirts that we can use to where ever we wanted to and it so happened that it could work out much cheaper. What does shirts got to do with the operation of this site?

P.s i can't believe you and all the other rich guys are giving me so much of crap about trying to save you guys some money! Damn

You dont know me so dont make a stupid comment like that.
Not getting any more invovled here

Kthxbye
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

Dudes, panties in a knot much?

Drop dubs, not bombs....

Make love, not war....

Want me to rent a room for you 2 - oh no wait, ShaunTdi you apparently rich.... therefore you must pay for your own fcuking room :moon:
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

Yoh they t-shirts at a cheap price take it dont take it, either way you get what you want...
Anyway probably drop the idea theres been more pages about politics than suggestions....

Next event everyones comes shirtless under the gazeebo, i know i wont attract any good attentio hahaha...
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

CTi4Life wrote:Yoh they t-shirts at a cheap price take it dont take it, either way you get what you want...
Anyway probably drop the idea theres been more pages about politics than suggestions....

Next event everyones comes shirtless under the gazeebo, i know i wont attract any good attentio hahaha...
Dude, you think there is politics around expensive T-shirts.... pffft.... wait till you find out you cannot sit under our gazeebo until you have paid for shade... :moon: :lol:
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

lawrencea wrote:
CTi4Life wrote:Yoh they t-shirts at a cheap price take it dont take it, either way you get what you want...

Dude, you think there is politics around expensive T-shirts.... pffft.... wait till you find out you cannot sit under our gazeebo until you have paid for shade... :moon: :lol:
Hahaha dude thats fine i have 2, 3x3 and a 6x3 :moon: :crazy:
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

G-spot
Committee Member
Registered for: 16 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Audi S3 Sedan
Membership No: 1215

Post by G-spot »

rhythm07 wrote:
haha i think maybe you then to chill cuz

let me ease your mind.

All righty
Please enlighten us on the costs you can get? We did do the cheap shirts last year, and cut costs on the printing, Only to get shirts that shrunk after the first wash and printing that was cracking and peeling off, This year we decided to go fro quality, cause the members deserve that instead of a POS that you can only wear once like last year, Please go find me a printer that will print a 6 colour A3 design on the front and a A5 2 colour logo at the back, o and a AAA quality shirt fro less than what we are paying.

rhythm07 wrote:Thirdly, you and everyone else needs to realise that even though everyone in SA falls under "VWclub" umbrella, ask yourself where does most of the "VWclub" events take place?how often does the VWclub have an event in durban? And i mean proper event. I'm sure the commitee will not stop us from using the name as long as it used in the correct manner n reasons. We are a branch off the club- the durban branch
yes, It all happens in JHB, Because the guys in JHB step up and formed a comm, So that the comm can arrange events for them, In the 2 years I have been on the Comm not once did I hear of a guy from Durban ask to start a dbn branch, Yes its easier to **** and moan about it, But ****, Whats stopping you guys from getting your own representatives to handle the club **** for the guys in durban?
rhythm07 wrote:Fourth, if you look at the thread you was reading and got all up tight about. The guys that replied said its ok if the club makes money off them, and i quote "how else will the club make money".my issue that arose is that this club should be for the members by the members and not for the club by the commitee. So we should be able to give each other the best possible options at the end of the day.how do you know which individual it's benefits o not?
This club is for the members by the members brightspark, We, The Comm, was chosen by the members of the club, and we are all paid up members as well. All the comm meetings are open to anyone. all the money made off merchandise goes into paying to host this forum, Buying new merchandise and hosting events.
The R200 we charge for entrance at events don't really cover the R15k we have to fork out to pay for the track. What makes you so sure that someone is being befitted by it?
rhythm07 wrote:Lastly, like i said when i started this thread. It's a suggestion for us dbn guys to make some nice shirts that we can use to where ever we wanted to and it so happened that it could work out much cheaper. What does shirts got to do with the operation of this site?

Like it was said, The club must be represented by a uniform design, That was chosen by the Comm for the entire club, Why do you want to split yourself up into little groups, This is the VWCLUB OF SA, not vwc of dbn, or jhb or whatever.

If we can get a rep for durban, we will be able to make club stuff available for the dbn guys. cause at the moment the guys in JHB is doing all the work.
Grant Hendry
Membership no.:1215

Current:
2016 Audi S3 Sedan
1978 VW Golf 1100 GL
Ex:
2012 VW Golf GTI Edition 35
2007 VW Golf GTI
2006 Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
2012 VW Polo GTI
rhythm07
Lieutenant

Post by rhythm07 »

CTi4Life wrote:
lawrencea wrote:

Hahaha dude thats fine i have 2, 3x3 and a 6x3 :moon: :crazy:
plus my one. Eish gazeebo party....haha

Current:
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

G-Spot wrote:Snip.
We need a clap hands smiley.

Grant, this is exactly want I have been trying to say. There has to be uniformity. Imagine the Guateng guys coming down wear X design and meet us Dbn guys at Hooters while we are wearing a totally diff design. Would look rather silly imo.

If guys want to get shirts made, why not? but dont try adapt it to official club gear when it isnt.
rhythm07
Lieutenant

Post by rhythm07 »

wait wait don't clap just yet my response is coming, then you can clap.

Current:
2010 BMW S1000RR
2016 Isuzu X-Rider
2011 VW Polo Vivo 1.4i

Ex:
2005 Honda CBR 600RR
2015 Polo 1.2TSI
2015 Polo GTI 1.8TSI DSG
2007 citiRhythm (R.I.P)

ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

^^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

ShaunTdi wrote:
G-Spot wrote:Snip.
We need a clap hands smiley.

Grant, this is exactly want I have been trying to say. There has to be uniformity. Imagine the Guateng guys coming down wear X design and meet us Dbn guys at Hooters while we are wearing a totally diff design. Would look rather silly imo.

If guys want to get shirts made, why not? but dont try adapt it to official club gear when it isnt.
Dude, you right 100%. Thats why we trying to explain they were not official VW merchandise as that can be purchased from the committee.

You shot the guy down for trying to help...
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

Maybe I just had a bad day or was really bored and needed some entertaining.

CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

Entertainment aint free, so next even bring a six pack of beers and we see if we can sneak into the Gazeebo :crazy: hahaha
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

CTi4Life wrote:Entertainment aint free, so next even bring a six pack of beers and we see if we can sneak into the Gazeebo :crazy: hahaha
This toylet forrim is influencing our bribing tendencies i see.. But I fear 1 six pack will not surfice!!
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

Under the gazeebo there lies the rest hahaha....
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

sean919
Lieutenant
Registered for: 13 years 10 months
Car Model: FD3S RX7, Amarok

Post by sean919 »

Shaun - I checked your VWCSA shirt at Hesketh - the one with MST-05 on the back? Where did u guys get those from? That's the kind of shirts I reckon we should get done.
Current:
'13 Amarok BiTDi 4x4 (Bike Trailer)
'95 Mazda RX7 FD3S (Racecar)
'16 KTM 350 SX-F (Dirt Toy)
'09 KTM 450 SMR (Racebike)
'11 KTM 690 SMC-R (Street Toy)

Ex:
'08 Range Rover Sport TDV8
'08 BMW 320d M-sport
'05 9N3 Polo Sportline - 1.9 TDi BT
'08 Velociti 1.4i - 2.0 16v ABF
'10 Audi A3 1.6 (Dubai)
'01 Golf IV 1.6 (UK)
'06 Corsa Ute 1.4
ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

Sean those are R450.00... Cheap ous dont pay R450.00 for shirts remember :lol:

One of the guys on the forum made them, cant remember who exactly... Awesome quality though. Had it for 3/4 years and still looks new..
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

Are you talking about these shirts?

http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... lit=shirts
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

sean919
Lieutenant
Registered for: 13 years 10 months
Car Model: FD3S RX7, Amarok

Post by sean919 »

Yip those are them. Does Moe still make them?
Current:
'13 Amarok BiTDi 4x4 (Bike Trailer)
'95 Mazda RX7 FD3S (Racecar)
'16 KTM 350 SX-F (Dirt Toy)
'09 KTM 450 SMR (Racebike)
'11 KTM 690 SMC-R (Street Toy)

Ex:
'08 Range Rover Sport TDV8
'08 BMW 320d M-sport
'05 9N3 Polo Sportline - 1.9 TDi BT
'08 Velociti 1.4i - 2.0 16v ABF
'10 Audi A3 1.6 (Dubai)
'01 Golf IV 1.6 (UK)
'06 Corsa Ute 1.4
ShaunTdi

Post by ShaunTdi »

CTi4Life wrote:Are you talking about these shirts?

http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... lit=shirts
Moe's the ou!!!
CTi4Life
Cadet

Post by CTi4Life »

i can email him, I ordered a couple more last year as well all still in good condition. And i think they were like R280 a shirt
CTi4Life

Current:
80 Golf 1 2DR 16VT
96 Jetta VR6
07 Velociti 1.4i

Fray
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 1 month
Car Model: '06 A4 DTM, '07 A4 2.0T
Membership No: 1622

Post by Fray »

I was always envious of Shauns shirt... sometimes i think about scratching his back
Fray
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 1 month
Car Model: '06 A4 DTM, '07 A4 2.0T
Membership No: 1622

Post by Fray »

jesus, came here thinking this fight started up again and realised i might have thought about scratching Shauns back, thank **** he's all the way over the pond