New Forum Rules

General VW Club of SA Announcements...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
Ian_F
Chairman
Chairman
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Phantom Golf 6R
Membership No: 1846

New Forum Rules

Post by Ian_F » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Guys and gals

So we have been receiving many complaints about the general attitude between members and towards new members.
So naturally we had a look at what we can do to make it a little bit more accommodating for everyone here.

Our first step is to re look at the current general forum rules.
With the help of some other forum (Hilux) rules, which basically covers all basis, we came up with the below.

Please read it and give us your feedback, Everyone always complains that we dont listen to the users, So here is your chance to give input.
We will leave this up here for a few weeks and then implement and moderate accordingly.

We do value the feedback we get from our community.
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.vwclub.co.za or it's members.

We would like to provide all VW owners with quality content. By using this web site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not stick to the rules the moderators and administrator can at any time remove non-related topics without notifying you or without entering into a debate with you about the content.

When you registered for this forum we asked detail like your real name, vehicle particulars and town name. If you did not properly complete those fields during registration please do so after your applications has been approved.It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or moderators determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice.

You agree to post only information related to the topic or forum in which you post it.

When you reply on a topic to stay on the topic.

In the classified section, stick to the for sale rules. Do not place an add not related to the section heading, it will be removed. Especially if you post spam, work from home opportunities, chain letters or any kind of crap, your account will be deleted and your IP blocked.

You agree to take full responsibility for all comments you make on this forum. We only provide the medium for you to say your say, we cannot and will not take any responsibility for the comments you make. We encourage freedom of speech and the expression of diverse views. The views of users published on vwclub.co.za are therefore their own and do not represent the views of vwclub.co.za. All posts are monitored by vwclub.co.za’s moderators and grossly derogatory posts will be deleted. The vwclub.co.za moderation team will delete your comment should you post abusive comments, use vulgar language or make discriminatory observations.

You agree that you will not post any material which is inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, false, defamatory, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any International or South African law. Please do not post any false, misleading, slanderous, libelous, or inaccurate information about others on this forum. Make sure your facts are accurate.

The above also applies to photographs and video’s you place on the forum. You agree not to place any photographs or video’s that depicts you or any other member breaking any laws (drinking and driving, beach driving, speeding, etc) or behaving in a manner that could be used (out of context) to bring the image of the forum and its members in disrepute.

Make sure of your facts before you post, especially in the "rants and rave" section of the forum. Whatever you post on the forum is your view and your comments and neither the vwclub.co.za forum, moderators or owner accept any responsibility for the posts made by its members. It is an open forum and the views expressed by its members remain the views of those members.

Third party postings are not reviewed for truth or accuracy and do not represent the opinion, beliefs, or statements of the vwclub.co.za web site owner or moderators.

Under no circumstances shall vwclub.co.za or any of its moderators or owners be held liable for any damages, whether incidental, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages and including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits arising from or in connection with the use or performance of the information on this server or the Internet generally.

You agree not to insult others, especially drivers of other makes of vehicles. We all know that VAG makes the best vehicles, but be nice to other people. If you are nice to them, they might buy a VAG in the future, but if you keep on insulting them, they might not want to be associated with VAG drivers and stick to their OPEL, or whatever, so be nice to others.

You agree that you will not create topics or posts which will create friction between members, and you agree that you will not create topics or posts insulting any other forum member.
You will not create topics or posts publicly challenging the above rules, or topics or posts rallying support from other members.

You agree not to post any copyright material. If you do post something that is copyright protected, always mention the source and refer to the source's web site if any.

You remain solely responsible for all posts you make. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owner of this web site. The owner of the site also hold the right to reveal your identity in the event of a formal complaint or criminal investigation.

When you register you will have to choose a username and password. Please keep the username relevant to the site. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe for your own protection and never allow somebody else to use your user account nor ever use somebody else's user account.

There are a number of moderators on the forum who are there to maintain the high quality of the content and to ensure that this forum remain a pleasure to use by all. These moderators are all professional people with real jobs and they do this in their spare time on a voluntary basis. The moderators are allowed to issue warnings and remove posts which do not abide to the general rules of the forum. If you do not agree with these moderators decision you can take it up with the vwclub.co.za chairman. If a member start to insult the moderators by any means (by phone, sms, emails, forum PMs, Facebook, anything) then that member will be banned from the forum. We are not here to play police and we are not here to spend our time removing unwanted posts by one or two individuals. The moderators also have a great interest in this forum and they also would like to have time to enjoy the forum just as much as all the others.

If you choose to delete your forum membership for whatever reason vwclub.co.za holds the right to retain the posts made by you during the time of your active membership.

Note that the forum software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache (memory). This cookie information is ONLY used to keep you logged in or out from the forum. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

The terms of service is subject to change by the administrators as determined by the management committee. It is the responsibility of each member to re-visit the page frequently to stay up to date with the latest terms of service.

This forum is not a democracy, the decision of the administrator and moderators is final.
Irfaan
fuckitimtiredletsgetdonewiththis
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 07' Velociti, 06' MK5 GTi
Membership No: 1757

Re: New Forum Rules

Post by Irfaan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:48 pm

All good. Perhaps a Kak Praat section? Like the tiete and TLGP thats open to a certain few?
Yip I still got my 1.4 Citi
G-spot
VWCSA Member
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: 6c Cross polo
Membership No: 1215

Post by G-spot » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Irfaan wrote:All good. Perhaps a Kak Praat section? Like the tiete and TLGP thats open to a certain few?
Kak praat is allowed, As long as its done respectfully.
Grant Hendry
Membership no.:1215

Current:
2015 VW Cross Polo 1.2TSI
1978 VW Golf 1100 GL
Ex:
2012 VW Golf GTI Edition 35
2007 VW Golf GTI
2006 Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
2012 VW Polo GTI

It will be built not bought, cheap not expensive, driven not hidden, abused and used and most of all I own it and I thrash it...
ambroseg1
Ray of Sunshine

Post by ambroseg1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:55 pm

what is a formal complaint? I understand having to produce private IP information or what not when ordered to do so by the courts or some other authority, but just a complaint from joe public who doesnt like what youve posted, gets your information handed to them? Just wondering.
Ian_F
Chairman
Chairman
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Phantom Golf 6R
Membership No: 1846

Post by Ian_F » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:58 pm

ambroseg1 wrote:what is a formal complaint? I understand having to produce private IP information or what not when ordered to do so by the courts or some other authority, but just a complaint from joe public who doesnt like what youve posted, gets your information handed to them? Just wondering.

Basically, If a formal charge i.e. at police station or wherever is mad e towards a user, We have the right to give out that persons information as provided to us.

So if you sc**w over someone in the for sale section and he goes to the police, he can request the users details from us if he has a valid case number or police report.

Hope this helps?
F2006
Cadet
Car Model: Golf 5 GTI
Membership No: 1609

Post by F2006 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Ian_F wrote:
ambroseg1 wrote:what is a formal complaint? I understand having to produce private IP information or what not when ordered to do so by the courts or some other authority, but just a complaint from joe public who doesnt like what youve posted, gets your information handed to them? Just wondering.

Basically, If a formal charge i.e. at police station or wherever is mad e towards a user, We have the right to give out that persons information as provided to us.

So if you sc**w over someone in the for sale section and he goes to the police, he can request the users details from us if he has a valid case number or police report.

Hope this helps?
A subpoena is needed before any evidence can be handed over to the police or court. A case number etc is not enough to request evidence.
Current ride: VW Golf 5 GTi K04
X-ride: Audi S3
X-ride: VW Jetta MK3
X-ride: VW Golf MK1
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:43 pm

wow...... I wonder if my reply is allowed under all of that!
Viper
Goldwagen Delarey
Car Model: GOLF 1 1870cc 8v ethanol
Membership No: 1800

Post by Viper » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Wow. Awesome ! I approve!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
King8v
Lieutenant-Colonel
Car Model: Citi 1.8 Sport

Post by King8v » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:12 am

:thumbup: All good.
****My VW goes BWaaaaaaaH Ppsshh****

My ride: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php ... i&start=25
M3THANOL
Blue Bomber
Car Model: Golf Mk2...now....2.0L 8V AGG
Membership No: 1822

Post by M3THANOL » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:28 am

nice one guys!!!
I'm literally can't evening!
http://www.iamsecond.com/

Current: The Blue Bomber
http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1&t=151592

1/4 mile: 16.5s @ 133km/h (ODI-2013/10/27)
1km: 165km/h (ODI-2013/10/27)
Naku786
Cake Laaitie Killer
Car Model: Citi 1.9i 8v
Membership No: missing

Post by Naku786 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:32 am

:thumbup:
1893cc racecar - back in the garage
Solo786 wrote:after you bust the rsi , should have put down the window and asked "Do you even lift bro?"
J0NN0
VWCSA Member
Car Make: No Name
Car Model: Tekkies
Membership No: 1725

Post by J0NN0 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:45 am

G-Spot wrote:
When you registered for this forum we asked detail like your real name, vehicle particulars and town name. If you did not properly complete those fields during registration please do so after your applications has been approved.It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information.
So the guys who has their location as "Your Mom's House" are going to have to change it?
Last edited by J0NN0 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonno

2002 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4TDI - SAC: 87.7 kw 276.1nm
2006 Mitsubishi Colt Clubcab 2800 TDI
2003 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 16v Auto
2007 SEAT LEON FR
1983 Volkswagen Caddy - Panic: 319.7hp 360nm
2008 SEAT LEON CUPRA - Oettinger: 191kw 352nm
2008 SEAT IBIZA CUPRA - HM Auto: 146.9hp 244nm
2007 SEAT LEON FR - KAR: 163.2kw 337nm
2007 Volkswagen Polo 1.6
2001 Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i
VWCSA Membership Number: 1725
dood786
Post Whore
Car Model: boat
Membership No: 1133

Post by dood786 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:50 am

Yoh too much to read.

Seems good

Can I have a crown now please?
Noob
AlexTDi
VWCSA Member
Car Model: '15 Polo GTI
Membership No: 1724

Post by AlexTDi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:01 am

J0NN0 wrote:
G-Spot wrote:
When you registered for this forum we asked detail like your real name, vehicle particulars and town name. If you did not properly complete those fields during registration please do so after your applications has been approved.It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information.
So the guys who has their location as "Your Mom's House" are going to have to change it?

Yip report the user and we will do something about.

PS. same goes for your Avatar
Alex
VWCSA Member No. 1724

Daily: '06 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE
Race Car: Polo Vivo GT

EX:
Daily:
'15 6C Polo GTI DSG
'06 1.9 TDI Sportline
'06 BMW 320D M-Sport
Weekend Toy: '84 Golf MK 1 GT
Race Car: Golf MK1 2 Door

https://www.facebook.com/AMRacing89
J0NN0
VWCSA Member
Car Make: No Name
Car Model: Tekkies
Membership No: 1725

Post by J0NN0 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:06 am

1.9TurboVw wrote:

:( :( :(
Jonno

2002 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4TDI - SAC: 87.7 kw 276.1nm
2006 Mitsubishi Colt Clubcab 2800 TDI
2003 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 16v Auto
2007 SEAT LEON FR
1983 Volkswagen Caddy - Panic: 319.7hp 360nm
2008 SEAT LEON CUPRA - Oettinger: 191kw 352nm
2008 SEAT IBIZA CUPRA - HM Auto: 146.9hp 244nm
2007 SEAT LEON FR - KAR: 163.2kw 337nm
2007 Volkswagen Polo 1.6
2001 Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i
VWCSA Membership Number: 1725
Trixsta V
Cadet
Car Make: VW , SEAT, TOYOTA

Post by Trixsta V » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:06 am

J0NN0 wrote:
1.9TurboVw wrote:

:( :( :(
I would NOT report yours :hurray:
Current :
'07 Red Cupra TDi - HELLRZR
'98 Red RSi 20v - TRBLMKR
'13 Slvr Vivo Hatch - TEEZER
'18 Slvr Polo - XXX
Ex :
'06 Velo 1.6i
AlexTDi
VWCSA Member
Car Model: '15 Polo GTI
Membership No: 1724

Post by AlexTDi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:15 am

If someone does then unlucky.. What we are trying to do is create a fair and respectable community for new and old users, So even if Comm steps out of line and someone reports it, Action will be taken and they can be banned and even forced to resign if it's that serious.
Alex
VWCSA Member No. 1724

Daily: '06 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE
Race Car: Polo Vivo GT

EX:
Daily:
'15 6C Polo GTI DSG
'06 1.9 TDI Sportline
'06 BMW 320D M-Sport
Weekend Toy: '84 Golf MK 1 GT
Race Car: Golf MK1 2 Door

https://www.facebook.com/AMRacing89
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General
Car Model: Citi Golf
Membership No: 1881

Post by Psycho8v » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:31 am

I like. :thumbup:
MarshallGTi
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:37 am

1.9TurboVw wrote:If someone does then unlucky.. What we are trying to do is create a fair and respectable community for new and old users, So even if Comm steps out of line and someone reports it, Action will be taken and they can be banned and even forced to resign if it's that serious.
maybe add a bit about the comm and mods being allowed to express their own opinions, there have been a few arguements where a com/mod expresses an opinion and people get twisted panties cos they "represent the club", even tho they posting in a personal capacity.
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General

Post by Psycho8v » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:50 am

MarshallGTi wrote:
1.9TurboVw wrote:If someone does then unlucky.. What we are trying to do is create a fair and respectable community for new and old users, So even if Comm steps out of line and someone reports it, Action will be taken and they can be banned and even forced to resign if it's that serious.
maybe add a bit about the comm and mods being allowed to express their own opinions, there have been a few arguements where a com/mod expresses an opinion and people get twisted panties cos they "represent the club", even tho they posting in a personal capacity.
Ryan, although I agree, it's a tricky one. When the ostrich hits the fan, the guys will always say yeah but you're comm, you're representing the club, so that's the view of the club, even if there is a clause saying that each person is commenting on his or her on behalf, and therefore is the view of that individual, and not the club. It gets back to what Sinbad posted a while ago, people forget that we are interacting with people, so as soon as someone (club member or comm or mod) posts something, the guys are quick to say we're expressing the views of the club. :hi:
MarshallGTi
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:09 am

i get that, and there will always be some grouch whose rugby team lost and he didnt get laid so he vents on the forum, but at least if its mentioned in the rules its been put out there.
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...
Psycho8v
Lieutenant-General

Post by Psycho8v » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:13 am

MarshallGTi wrote:i get that, and there will always be some grouch whose rugby team lost and he didnt get laid so he vents on the forum, but at least if its mentioned in the rules its been put out there.
I agree with you buddy. :hug:
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3, Caddy, Aprilia RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Post by Jetta2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:31 am

I agree with the rules :hi:

Just one thing, is it at all possible to add something along the lines of "Please use proper language when posting on this forum. Make your parents proud for paying your school fees for all those years and don't use a combination of Mxit, SMS and Klingon" in huge flashing red letters on the new member sign up page or in the email confirmation?
1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
MeanTdi
The Imposer Mod-whore-rator
Car Make: Subaru
Car Model: WRX
Membership No: 1153

Post by MeanTdi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Jetta2 wrote:I agree with the rules :hi:

Just one thing, is it at all possible to add something along the lines of "Please use proper language when posting on this forum. Make your parents proud for paying your school fees for all those years and don't use a combination of Mxit, SMS and Klingon" in huge flashing red letters on the new member sign up page or in the email confirmation?
Something like that, but yes please. :hurray:
Marco

Current: Subaru WRX
Ex: VW Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
Ex: VW Golf VR6
Ex: VW Golf 1.8 GTi 16v

ALFAHOLIC wrote:What can go wrong, jarre you guys sound like you are describing an Alfa here...
My Corsa OPC wrote:Its not an oil leak, its just an Opel marking its territory :lol:
Pitzi-NC
Post Whore
Membership No: 1078

Post by Pitzi-NC » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:54 pm

What are the rules pertaining to a member constantly baiting/posting inflammatory things/trying to ellicit a response of some kind from another member?

I've seen it before here, and moderators seemed to not know how to deal with it other than blanket blaming and locking of topics?

Also what is the rules regarding taking posts and comments off this forum and posting it on other forums to make fun of/redicule this forum and its members? Once again Ive seen it happen.