Some cars from last week

MMS Auto is a small privately owned and operated Motor vehicle workshop that specializes in Quality services and exceptional maintenance at affordable prices.
Rascal69
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK1
Membership No: 1490

Some cars from last week

Post by Rascal69 »

So there’s been too many cars and updates to post them individually so I figured I’d just update one post with some of the cars we worked on last week.

First up was an Audi TT that came in for an inspection, service light reset as it was recently serviced by someone else.

We had the car up on the lift and went through the car front to back highlighting all the issues we picked up and listed the future maintenance that needed to be done .

We checked things like : Suspension, ball joints, wheel bearings, drivetrain , prop shaft Guibos , undercarriage, exhaust.ect

Then called the owner to come by and check the car on the lift and pointed out all the issues for him to arrange to have them sorted.

Next up was an Audi S3 which came in for a major service and Cam follower replacement.

Some pics of the service

Cut open the old oil filter to check for any dirt or metallic particles in the filter.

Replaced the cam follower as well

And the vehicle was ready for collection.

We then had an E92 come back for an oil leak. We diagnosed worn seals and o rings on the vanos solenoids . Both solenoids where changed by the owner when he purchased the car last year but he did not replace seals and o rings at the time and they started to fail and leak oil. Seals and orings where supplied with the car and we got to work .

Both solenoids cleaned and fitted with new seals

Also pulled out the cam position sensors , cleaned them , replaced the orings and then refitted them .
Everything refitted

Ran the vanos adaptation and the car was good to go.

And then the highlight for me was this super clean MK5 GTI which came to us for the following: headlight replacement with xenon, replace downpipe with performance one and replace stock springs with H&R’s sport springs.

The car was stock standard and super original so we took extra care of her.
Got it up on the lift and the first thing that annoyed me was someone didn’t fit the bumper splitter correctly
So we started with the headlight swop from halogen to xenons

The replacements

Carefully stripped and removed the bumper
Rolled it out the way and started with the lights
Old vs not so old

Tested and aligned the new headlights before fitting the number

Looking good

And I made sure the splitter gets put back correctly

Next up was to fit remove the old downpipe and fit the new one with a gasket. Sprayed all the bolts with penetrating spray to make it easy to remove

Removed from the car

Old vs new

Cleaned the lambdas before fitting new dp

Replaced the gasket
ImageImage

Fitted the new DP

I advised the customer that since his car is so clean , I don’t want to fit the lowering springs with the 11 year old shocks and shock mounts as they will just accelerate the wear on the suspension and cause rattles . We agreed that it will be best to fit the springs with new shocks, mounts and stabilizer end links so that they can get the most out of them without causing wear to the rest of the suspension. So that will be paired with a bilstein setup later.

The car was then ready for collection and the owner seemed really happy when he came to get it.
Current: 2007 ///M Coupe
Current: 2019 Fortuner 4x4

Ex: 2005 E55 AMG
Ex: 1998 BMW M3
Ex: 2011 REVO 2 Focus ST - 208wkw & 465nm's (FRnR)
Ex: 1994 E36 328i Track Car (Budler Motorsport built)
Ex: 2011 REVO 2 Mk6 GTI DSG - 200wkw & 452nm's (KAR)
Ex: 2007 REVO 2+ S3 - 12.7s @ 176km/h (Tarlton 2010) and 224km's on 1km (ODI)
Ex: 2006 Velo 1.6i | 2008 Velo 1.6i | 2005 Velo 1.4i | 2006 Polo 1.6i | 2012 Polo TDI | 2004 W203 C200K
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: Some cars from last week

Post by Unobeat »

Epic work guys and loving your attention to detail spirit.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
VAG Fan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 8 years

Re: Some cars from last week

Post by VAG Fan »

How (with what) do you clean lambda sensors? And does it make a difference inside the sensor, on the ceramic where the signal is actually generated?
Mark R.
- - - - - - - - - -
2004 VW Golf TDI, type 1J, AHF, 317k (2016-current) --- daily
1990 VW Fox, type 16, HM, 304k (2005-current) --- spare runaround
Previous:
1992 Audi 500 SE, type C4, AAR (2001-2020) --- nice while it lasted
1983 VW Golf GTS, type 17, FR (1992-2005) --- most fun car I've ever had
1978 Audi 100 GLS 5E, type 43, WC (1991-92) --- died in the side of a Rekord who cut me off
- - - - - - - - - -