BMW X5 M

MMS Auto is a small privately owned and operated Motor vehicle workshop that specializes in Quality services and exceptional maintenance at affordable prices.
Rascal69
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK1
Membership No: 1490

BMW X5 M

Post by Rascal69 »

We had this X5 M come in yesterday for some troubleshooting and fault finding.

Customer said that he experiences a knocking sound from the front left side when driving around 60km. He suspects it was the front diff and purchased a replacement unit as well. So we asked him to drop it off in order for us to check it out and advise.

So yesterday morning the vehicle is delivered

Got the car in the air and began inspecting

Sump tray removed

Some Oil leaks

Using a stethoscope, we checked the diff and transfer case for any unusual sounds

Prop has also seen some action before

We identified the sounds that the owner was experiencing to be a result of the following:
Lots of play on the front prop shaft and strange sounds around the output shaft on the transfer case . Not the front diff so hopefully he will be able to return it and get his cash back.

We checked the rest of the vehicle and advised the customer that he needed to get the vehicle to ZF as they manufacture that drive train for bmw and should be able to assist with the repairs..
Current: 2007 ///M Coupe
Current: 2019 Fortuner 4x4

Ex: 2005 E55 AMG
Ex: 1998 BMW M3
Ex: 2011 REVO 2 Focus ST - 208wkw & 465nm's (FRnR)
Ex: 1994 E36 328i Track Car (Budler Motorsport built)
Ex: 2011 REVO 2 Mk6 GTI DSG - 200wkw & 452nm's (KAR)
Ex: 2007 REVO 2+ S3 - 12.7s @ 176km/h (Tarlton 2010) and 224km's on 1km (ODI)
Ex: 2006 Velo 1.6i | 2008 Velo 1.6i | 2005 Velo 1.4i | 2006 Polo 1.6i | 2012 Polo TDI | 2004 W203 C200K
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: BMW X5 M

Post by Unobeat »

What a car.
Great work guys.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.