bluetooth module for RCD310

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Mr.G24
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 Jetta 1.9 TDi Comfortline
Membership No: missing

bluetooth module for RCD310

Post by Mr.G24 »

Hi

okay, so i am completely clueless when it comes to radio fitment etc.

i have a 2008 jetta 5 with multifunction steering, my car dit not came out with any AUX ports in the armrest, cubby or in the console infront of the gearlever as well as no bluetooth module, so then i took the RCD210 that was in the car when i bought it and replaced it with a RCD310, so i carried on with the radio for 2 years, but now i want to get a radio that has bluetooth, aux and usb functionality, that has also a cd slot, so i have asked around and looked to get a RCD320 that has all those features, but i was told it will not work.

i don't have the budget to go buy a high end radio, so looking at the more budget friendly option like the RCD320 as they are selling for about R1200 - R2000 depending,

i need to get a radio that will also allow me to do bluetooth connection for music and phonecalls, has aux/usb function and will work with my steering controls and not cause battery drain.

so now i'm out of options as every route i go and questions asked lead me to it wont work or to buy a R4000 and up radio.

in saying that i though i will then keep my RCD310 and try and connect something to get AUX function and add a bluetooth module as the RCD310 does have those setting available on the radio, is this possible to do without costing me the amount where i actually could have bought another unit with that already in and i don't want to go the aftermarket route, like the sony and jvc radios out there, want to keep it OEM look.

is there anybody that can help me in this regard, to get something that is plug and play or how to connect bluetooth module and aux to the RCD310.

your help will be appreciated.

thanks
083 392 0406 for whatsapp
2008 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI Comfortline (Reflex silver)
77kw @ 4000
250nm @ 1900
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 14 years
Car Model: Passat B8

Re: bluetooth module for RCD310

Post by Belix »

The RCD310 in my car came with an AUX input, so the radio has the input, you'll just need to find how to wire it up.

Here's a link for some extra info: http://www.mat-d.com/site/diy-install-a ... in-buchse/
Mr.G24
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 2 months
Car Model: MK5 Jetta 1.9 TDi Comfortline

Re: bluetooth module for RCD310

Post by Mr.G24 »

Hi Belix

yeah,as per our chat last night, my radio also have the aux function, but my car do not have the Aux input, so need to get the wired up some how, will check the link out.

thanks
2008 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI Comfortline (Reflex silver)
77kw @ 4000
250nm @ 1900