Sub enclosure

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Pippz
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Sub enclosure

Post by Pippz »

Hi

I have a 2018 polo highline.
I'm new to the sound game. I installed a sub and amp.
I have a starsound monster with a starsound digital 2500 rms amp.
Used 0 gauge wiring for power.
And i'm not sure if the box I have is ok for the sub , and if everything is ok.
I want the best out of my system.
Using the stock midranges and tweeters cs the seemed to sound okish compared to the jbl's splits that I had in my previous car.
Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thnx in advanced
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: Sub enclosure

Post by Ashveer03 »

Ur sub will come with enclosure designs, follow the manufacturers spec and it will be ok.

U posted no pics or details of ur sub or box how are people gonna advise u?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Pippz
Enlisted

Post by Pippz »

VC Impedance(ohms): 2+2
Test Impedance(ohms): 18
Fs(Hz): 32
SD: 53.1
Vas: 45
Cms: 91
Mms: 306.636
BL: 30Qms: 7.323

https://imgur.com/a/K05M6kW
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Most if not all subs comes with a datasheet, giving u recommended dimensions for different enclosures..

Everybody has their own opinions on everything, the best thing to do would be to follow what the manufacturer says.

Details would be similar to this..

I know targa and pioneer datasheets gives u drawings with all the dimensions needed for building a box, not sure about starsound. Finding that info on the internet is difficult.

From what i have learnt, theres alot of mistakes made with boxes. And it all comes down to what type of sound u want - whether u want to shake the earth or whether u want something thats nice to listen to.
Infact theres alot to consider when choosing.

Check CarAudioFabrication on youtube, i learnt alot from that guy.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

https://rockfordfosgate.com/support/box-wizard/

good online tool for coming up with different designs to get a box the right size for your sub, or to put in the dimensions of your current box in to see how close it comes to the spec your sub wants.
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...
Gummi
Cadet
Car Model: Mk4 Jetta V5 AGZ

Post by Gummi »

I have designed and built many boxes, for both inhouse and car and for both hq and sq. Starsound subwoofers have never been good in hq setups. But you have to use whatever it is you have. My advice is try either bassbox pro or one of the many online box design programs on offer. By the way, if you can include the qts value of you speaker then let me know. Or pm me a pic of the ts parameters and i will give you a good design. Also what it is you want from the sub