Need help with car amp wiring

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
onetwopump
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Need help with car amp wiring

Post by onetwopump »

Hey guys, need a lil bit of help. Trying to connect a 4 channel linertec lt-480 amp to a kenwood sub. So I have done the main power connection, ground, channel connections to the sub. Now the HU is an aftermarket part as well (Soundvox SX-8250V). Previous owner has cut off all wires and someone has redone it but with different colors. Cannot find the remote turn on wire for the amp. I was testing cables and found one that switches the amp on.

So the amp came on, but no sound. I had the gain and LPF set to minimum so increased that a bit, roughly to 25 % and power light on amp stays on but no sound. At the time I had an 60Hz test tone playing on the system. Power to the amp stayed on for a few minutes, then there was a sound that played through the sub and then protect light switches on, on the amp. Switched the car off and the protect light stayed on for about a minute and now the amp does not show any life at all. No power or protect lights at all. Can someone advise on what I should do? I do not have a multimeter with me at the moment (it's at work:( ).

Please please please help:(
keval
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 1 month
Car Make: vw
Car Model: 1.9TDI SL /6R GTI

Re: Need help with car amp wiring

Post by keval »

Where are you based?
Current : Sportline,63mmD.P, 57mm zorst, Eibach springs, Custom Intake, Toxic Tuned
2014 6R GTI
http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 166#p21951

Ex
Polo 1.6 6R comfortline

http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2#p1943642

http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 4&start=25

Polo 1.9TDI SL
bmw E90 320I Msport
bmw E36 328i Msport
onetwopump
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Post by onetwopump »

Based in KZN
Ritz-ZN
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months
Car Make: Polo
Car Model: Citi 1.4

Post by Ritz-ZN »

Hi onetwopump

Did you have a look at your fuses. as far as i can remem the LT480 is a 2000w one right? This should come with 2 20amp fuses. then there is the question of your powerline,do you have a fuse on that line aswell? then there is the remote line, does it send power?

Give these a good check......Let me know how it goes
05 Citi Golf 1.4 :wink:
11 Vivo Sedan 1.4i
04 Polo Comfortline 1.6i
78 MK1 Gts
Toyo 20v
Toyo 180i Sprinter
Gli Twincam
Beeno
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 8 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK2 Tiguan 1.4TSI
Membership No: 3090

Post by Beeno »

did you check your earth - if your earth is bad, the amp can't close the circuit with enough current through your RCA ground or chassis ground and may first stay in protection and may damage HU
Tiguan MK2 1.4 TSI Comfortline
Limestone Grey G7 GTI DSG
BMW 2004SA