Need some advice sound related for Nissan Champ

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
RJ8V
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 8 months
Car Make: Mazda
Car Model: BT 50 3.2 SLE 4x2

Need some advice sound related for Nissan Champ

Post by RJ8V »

Hi guys,

I want some music in my little workhorse. Nothing fancy. Here is what I've got so far;

Targa frontloader with usb support.
10" dvc targa flat sub.
Flat sub enclosure that will house the sub underneath the seat, passenger side.

Now there is no space for 6x9s, only mids I think about 6" on both sides underneath the dash.

I dont want a big banging setup, just some decent sound that is clear.

What my issue is, is the mids. What mids can I look at that can give me the sound of a 6x9 but won't distor ( sorry dont know correct spelling) mids that can give me clear sound when I turn the knob. Also should I add tweeters?

Since I will then only have 2x speakers and the frontloader is for 4. How will I go with the connection? 2x channels per speaker or 2x channels for mids and 2x channels for tweeters?
EX: '02 AUDI A3 1.8 20V
EX: '81 Golf Rabbit Mk1, 2e 8V MP9. Not self-Build.
EX: '05 Ford Fiesta ST 2.0 Normal Aspirated
EX: '06 Volvo S60 D5
EX: '79 Golf MK1 2Door, 1.6i MP9. Not self-Build
EX: '05 Golf Chico 1.4 Carb - Self- Project

Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: Need some advice sound related for Nissan Champ

Post by Jetta2 »

Make MDF spacers and mount 6.5 inch mids in the doors, then another two MDF spacers and a set of 4 inch mids on the side panels under the dash each side in front of the door speakers.
Get decent quality speakers from the start and be proud that you will have decent sound quality.

I have seen many Nissan Champs running a simple flat 10 under the seat, amp under the other seat, a set of decent mids in the doors and they sound pretty good.

Also some decent sound deadening in the doors, under and behind the seats, under the roof lining, etc helps a huge amount in the Champs.

And on the radio, never connect two channels to one speaker, that is asking for trouble. Connect everything to a quality four of five channel amp.
I have a Kicker KX800.5 amp in the VR that runs the whole system, including the Kicker L12 square sub and the amp is smaller than most two channel amps. It is 32cm long, 21cm wide and 5cm high. It is tiny for the amount of oomph it kicks out.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike