Diy sound upgrade

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Suffixź
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: Diy sound upgrade

Post by Suffixź »

TDi4Life wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm Don't buy second-hand sound.. it wont last you.. you also dont have to spend 8k for a clear sound system.. I currently have 4 Pioneer 6 inch door speakers, a set of Sony 6x9s and a targa baby street sub in a ported box .. 6x9s and sub connected to 4 ch 4000w star sound amp and it's blasting 100s.. it is however causing some of the dash bits to rattle which is why I never went bigger than this.. for a system just like this you'll pay around 4k.. if it's even that much. I would recommend Pioneer 6x9s instead if you do want to put those.. the Sony ones are not as clear as the pioneers are. I'm running this stuff with a 60w x 4 Sansui deck..

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk
Hi,

Who did the installation for you?

I have a Rockford Fosgate R400-4D, with a birth sheet of 550rms, 4x Pioneer Pro series 6.5” speakers 110 rms each.
The speaker magnet is pretty huge, the depth of the speaker is 3.5” and my doors are 2.5”

1. Should I get 1” speaker spacers, and wouldn’t the speaker hit my door panel?
2. Do you have an installer you would recommend, in Jo'burg?
Docharding
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by Docharding »

Suffixź wrote:
TDi4Life wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm Don't buy second-hand sound.. it wont last you.. you also dont have to spend 8k for a clear sound system.. I currently have 4 Pioneer 6 inch door speakers, a set of Sony 6x9s and a targa baby street sub in a ported box .. 6x9s and sub connected to 4 ch 4000w star sound amp and it's blasting 100s.. it is however causing some of the dash bits to rattle which is why I never went bigger than this.. for a system just like this you'll pay around 4k.. if it's even that much. I would recommend Pioneer 6x9s instead if you do want to put those.. the Sony ones are not as clear as the pioneers are. I'm running this stuff with a 60w x 4 Sansui deck..

Hi,

I have a Rockford Fosgate R400-4D, with a birth sheet of 550rms, 4x Pioneer Pro series 6.5” speakers 110 rms each.
The speaker magnet is pretty huge, the depth of the speaker is 3.5” and my doors are 2.5”

Pnp car audio is decent

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Suffixź
Enlisted

Post by Suffixź »

Docharding wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 pm
Suffixź wrote:

Hi,

Pnp car audio is decent

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot
Suffixź
Enlisted

Post by Suffixź »

Hi,

Has anyone tried installing the Pioneer Pro Series 6' 3/4 speaker in their Polo, ran into some issues, the magnets are huge, and there's a door mechanism in the way.
Would I also need to make modifications to the door panel.

Thanks.