VW Factory Radio Code help

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Jasondj
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

VW Factory Radio Code help

Post by Jasondj »

Hi all

My factory fitted radio volume knob gave in so i replaced it with another factory unit bought from a scrapyard.

Plugged it in as all plugs are the same but now i need the code, its currently in Safe Mode and scrapyard does not have it nor remember what car it came from.

I contacted barons and they need the VIN number of the vehicle and serial of the radio which i have as it is stated on the radio.

So without the code i can do jack?

They not prepared to help me even with proof of the sale from the scrapyard.

Any idea of what i can do, i like to keep everything original thus i didn't fit a non factory radio.

Thanks
Deago999
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 6 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: GT86

Re: VW Factory Radio Code help

Post by Deago999 »

Jasondj wrote:Hi all

My factory fitted radio volume knob gave in so i replaced it with another factory unit bought from a scrapyard.

Plugged it in as all plugs are the same but now i need the code, its currently in Safe Mode and scrapyard does not have it nor remember what car it came from.

I contacted barons and they need the VIN number of the vehicle and serial of the radio which i have as it is stated on the radio.

So without the code i can do jack?

They not prepared to help me even with proof of the sale from the scrapyard.

Any idea of what i can do, i like to keep everything original thus i didn't fit a non factory radio.

Thanks
Thats really really bizarre that VW wont help you - because they literally plug a tiny reader into the back of the radio and pull it from their archives - the serial of the radio as you said is on the radio.

I suggest calling another VW, maybe telling them you lost the card for the radio but you have the radio serial number - be like "Oh I just bought the car" - They charge you something like R750 to get the code - which in my opinion is daylight robbery.

Good luck man.
2008 1.4 Citi Chico (Carb) - 2013 - 2013 (Stolen)
2008 1.4i CitiSport - 2013 - 2015 (Sold)
2010 1.6i Polo 6R Comfortline - 2015 - 2019 (Sold)
2015 2.0 Toyota GT86 High 2019 -
Pynoxim
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 2 months
Membership No: missing

Post by Pynoxim »

Thursday Milkshake Crew
'00 GS2 Lexus GS300
Mrnoekie
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Post by Mrnoekie »

Hey guys n ladies.. i was wondering if any1 can help me with my mp3 player. It say safe but i dont have the radio cod i got a mk1 citi golf 14i new spec 2008 model... ang help will be very much appriciated thanks