Radio Safe mode

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
laffy-taffy
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Radio Safe mode

Post by laffy-taffy »

Hey guys

I'm taking a wild shot here hoping that someone has the same car but i have a polo classic 2003 model (round lights) and had to change my battery which switched my radio into safe mode? Therein lies my problem there is no code in the user manual and I phoned Barons and they want me to take out my radio (i don't even know where to start - might just butcher it) or get a place to take it out for the code.

Yes i understand that its my responsibility however i hope that someone can assist me plz?

Thanks gentz :cry:
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Radio Safe mode

Post by PapaJo »

Try entering the code 1996 using the 1st 4 numbers (1-4) on the 1-6 numbers. Each time you press it this will count 1 number up.Not sure though and think you need to press the no5 to enter. As far as I can remember 1996 up 2004 use the same code to remove from safe mode.

Next time you want to replace battery you can also get an old car lighter charger and wire a small 9v pm3 battery to it and insert that in the charger socket with ignition on. Remove battery and 9v will be enough to keep memory on radio while replacing battery.
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Looks as if I've given you wrong info... sorry bud.

You can try this above as default code. It is 4 digits and then the > on the <l> button on the right, but seems that it is different codes linked to the radio serial no. If you have entered the number wrong two times you will not be able to try for a 3rd time within 1 hour.

Found this site that explain bit more on the codes:
http://www.radio-code.co.uk/volkswagen-radio-codes.html

Some more info
http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php? ... ns-needed/
rodga
Nazi Spelling Master
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MKVI GTI
Membership No: 1323

Post by rodga »

Just drive around for few mins with the radio on. It should start working after a few minutes. Happened with my mk4 and mk6.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
*** The MKVI How-To, FAQ, and Do-It-Yourself Guide ***
rodga's ride
'10 MKVI GTI - tornado red, manual, sunroof, xenons
'09 Generic XOR 125 - matte black - Daily Driver :)

B_rad
Major
Registered for: 12 years
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Fiesta ST180
Membership No: 1835

Post by B_rad »

rodga wrote:Just drive around for few mins with the radio on. It should start working after a few minutes. Happened with my mk4 and mk6.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
My Polo radio also worked like this, I took it out one day and when I put it back in I drove for a while and it turned on :lol:
If this doesn't work, phone Menlyn VW (google) and ask them. I know you need the VIN number handy but you might also need the serial number of the radio. On the plus side, they won't charge you anything to recover the code if you can pull the radio out yourself and quote all the important numbers (serial no. etc).

Post up a pic of the dash, someone may be able to assist you in getting it out.
laffy-taffy
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by laffy-taffy »

hey guys thanks for all the assistance and replies. wasnt working for a few days but now its working so im stocked.

Once again thanks
Marczivon
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by Marczivon »

Hey guys, I've been having the same Safe Mode issue with my VW Polo Vivo 2010 model. Does anybody have the radio code or a means to get this sorted out?
MichaelBM
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by MichaelBM »

Hi there can anyone please assist me with safe mode code for my vw polo 2015. AAVZZZ6SZGU004515
MichaelBM
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by MichaelBM »

Hi guys I'm still experiencing this problem of safe code. Please assist me once again AAVZZZ6SZGU004515